Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-10-2014, 11:09 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maddux thing. What?

I guess I should not be surprised since a lot of best players have abnormal personality.

Think Jeter will top that?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure there are some weird Mussina stories out there, guy always came off as kind of odd.

Loved his crossword puzzles though.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
I'm sure there are some weird Mussina stories out there, guy always came off as kind of odd.

Loved his crossword puzzles though.
He was quiet and nerdy. I don't think he was crazy like Maddux. Although Moose did buy the old flag pole from monument park in the old stadium. It has to be a few stories tall. Put it on his farm Pennsylvania. I always thought that was really cool.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@MLBRosterMoves 5m
The @Yankees sign LHP Matt Thornton to two-year contract; designate OF Vernon Wells for assignment.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 10:16 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derek Holland out until at least midseason after knee surgery

Got hurt "falling at home" Yeah, I'm sure that was it
Old 01-11-2014, 12:11 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Selig gets V. lol.

What a great feeling for Yankees.
Old 01-11-2014, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Selig gets V. lol.

What a great feeling for Yankees.
I think A-Rod will fight it in court and be allowed to play while that goes on.

I'm happy because it helps us get Tanaka but in reality this really isn't fair to A-Rod. He should only get 50 if anything. there is no doubt he's gulilty of everything but The man has still never failed a test under the drug program.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:19 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dodgers extend Kershaw to a 7yr/$215 mill deal. $30 mill a year, goddamn

he can opt out after 5th year and become a FA again at age 30 to
Old 01-15-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Dodgers extend Kershaw to a 7yr/$215 mill deal. $30 mill a year, goddamn

he can opt out after 5th year and become a FA again at age 30 to

Good chance he will never opt out. Don't expect Yankees to fork over 35m per season, please.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I don't know. If he stays healthy, keeps dominating like this....I can easily see him opt out. Again, he'll only be 30 years old when he can hit the market again.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Good chance he will never opt out. Don't expect Yankees to fork over 35m per season, please.
He could do exactly what CC did. Opt out at 30 to get them to add another 3 years on. So he could basically get 10 years at 30 mil a year.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goodbye, Scherzer.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Derek Holland out until at least midseason after knee surgery

Got hurt "falling at home" Yeah, I'm sure that was it
He blamed his dog...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Kershaw deal and think he's unique because of how young he is and was when he made his major league debut. He made his major league debut at age 20 but was a super two guy so he got an extra year of arbitration, but still because he made his debut at such a young age he was going to be able to get a new contract when he still had four years left in his twenties.

I don't think Scherzer should expect a deal like this because he's not going to give you four seasons of pitching in his 20s like Kershaw will.

Yes, pitchers don't regress to the same degree position players do when they enter their thirties, but that makes Kershaw even more appealing because you're getting him for the rest of his twenties and potentially in his early thirties when he could still be really productive.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:57 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
He could do exactly what CC did. Opt out at 30 to get them to add another 3 years on. So he could basically get 10 years at 30 mil a year.

Sabathia opted out with 4 remaining years. Kershaw would opt out with 2 remaining years. He can get a lengthy contract at 32 years old (33 years old O-Day).

2 things I can see Kershaw to opt out.

1- Cash for final 2 seasons is descending.
2- Seek for more secured money prior to turning 37 years old.

Last edited by YotoJets007 : 01-15-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:04 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Arod is going to wreck baseball fun in near future. umm.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Trout's erection is massive for his free agency.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 04:14 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

That won't be for another 9 years, though
Old 01-15-2014, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That won't be for another 9 years, though
I know you're joking, but 2018 isn't that far away. Entering final year of rookie contract and then three years of arbitration. Should be interesting to watch.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I'm not joking. I fully expect them to lock him up sometime during this season or during the 2014 offseason

9 yr deal for $200-$215 mill is my guess for what they'll sign him for. Buys out his 3 arb years then it's basically a 6yr contract. He'll then have the luxury of being a FA again when he's 31 years old and cashing in on another 9-10 yr deal from whomever
Old 01-15-2014, 04:47 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of Trout...

http://wapc.mlb.com/cutfour/2014/01/...-it-in-workout
Old 01-16-2014, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Instant Replay will be expanded in 2014. 1 challenge a game and then if you get it right you win 1 more challenge. No more than 2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Instant Replay will be expanded in 2014. 1 challenge a game and then if you get it right you win 1 more challenge. No more than 2.
It's an improvement, but don't you wish there was just a replay official charged with watching a baseball game and then alerting the umps when something obvious needs to be overturned? (Like with college football)

That's a more efficient method and it gets more calls correct without needing to put the burden on the managers decide whether to ask for something that should never have been wrong in the first place.
Old 01-16-2014, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
It's an improvement, but don't you wish there was just a replay official charged with watching a baseball game and then alerting the umps when something obvious needs to be overturned? (Like with college football)

That's a more efficient method and it gets more calls correct without needing to put the burden on the managers decide whether to ask for something that should never have been wrong in the first place.
Yes that would be the most ideal situation. I guess they don't want to delay the game a million times though and now this way they can limit it to just the two.

Everything is pretty much reviewable except for balls and strikes and the neighborhood play at 2B.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I just hate that the responsibility to get a big call correct is now in the hands of the managers every bit as much as the umpires themselves.

It will open avenues for undue criticism of managers who have enough other things to be considering.