Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-23-2014, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
nepg gets it.
Yankee and Red Sox fans seem to have no problem getting to the dome.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone watch the MLB Network's top 100 prospect list show last night?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 02:56 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Garza deal with Milwaukee is official

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Yankee and Red Sox fans seem to have no problem getting to the dome.
A lot of that is because a ticket down there is less expensive and people can plan a vacation around it to get out of the cold.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

double post
Old 01-26-2014, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
A lot of that is because a ticket down there is less expensive and people can plan a vacation around it to get out of the cold.
It's so cold in June and July in NY.

It's just a bad place for a team period. There are so many ex North East people who live in Florida.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's so cold in June and July in NY.

It's just a bad place for a team period. There are so many ex North East people who live in Florida.
I'm not saying year round, but in September, April, and May it's warmer than the north east. And it's a frequent vacation spot for many residents in the northeast.

I'm not defending the location, I'm just saying that's part of the reason why Red Sox and Yankee fans draw so well there.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keith Law is very high on some Mets prospects more than most.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-29-2014, 11:41 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Keith Law is very high on some Mets prospects more than most.
Yeah, Dom at 37th overall and Nimmo on top 100 are both surprising.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Yeah, Dom at 37th overall and Nimmo on top 100 are both surprising.
Always liked the Nimmo pick and loved the Smith pick last year. Still don't understand the Cecchinni pick and it looks even worse now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-30-2014, 03:45 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 week til some catchers and pitchers!
Old 01-30-2014, 03:48 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Law will never live down his statements about Goldschmidt

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Law will never live down his statements about Goldschmidt
And he always admits he got that one wrong.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-03-2014, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pitchers and catchers report in less than a week. I've decided to do EARLY predictions for the standings and WC teams. This will probably change before the season.

AL East:

1) Boston
2) Tampa Bay
3) New York
4) Baltimore
5) Toronto

-Boston has the deepest roster in the division with a few young guys ready to take over. I think they're still the team to beat. I like Tampa's pitching over the Yankees and that makes me rank them over NY. Baltimore and Toronto was also a toss up, but I believe both are non-contenders.

AL Central:

1) Detroit
2) Kansas City
3) Cleveland
4) Chicago
5) Minnesota

-Detroit is the obvious pick here to win the division. I hate how they gave up Fister for basically nothing, but they are still the best team in the division by a wide margain. I fully expect KC to take the next step as their young players will finally step up. If Cleveland can get another starter, I'd consider them second. Chicago and Minnesota have young players and should be improved over last year, but I don't expect them to be serious contenders for a playoff spot for another few years.

AL West:

1) Texas
2) Oakland
3) Seattle
4) Angels
5) Astros

-Texas might be the best team in the AL IMO. Adding Choo and Fielder to that team makes them that more dangerous. I had a very tough time choosing between Oakland and Seattle. Oakland has the better pitching and a very good bullpen, while Seattle has improved offense and IMO, the rookie of the year in Walker. It's going to be a battle between those two. The Angels have a nice one-two punch in the rotation and the best player in the league, but I'm not sure they're going to climb out of the financial hole they are in. Houston can surprise. The teams above them are better, but watch out. They're on the rise.

Playoff predictions:

1) Texas
2) Boston
3) Detroit
4) Oakland vs Tampa

NL East:

1) Washington
2) Atlanta
3) Miami
4) New York
5) Philadelphia

-Washington is a very scary team this year. Add Fister with Strasburg, Gio and Zimmerman and they can match up with anyone this year. Atlanta will always have pitching and I expect bounce back years from Upton and Uggla. I LOVE Miami's young talent. I think they're going to surprise. The Mets will be better, but they're not as talented as the Marlins at the moment. IF Harvey were healthy and they sign Drew and/or Rodney, I'd put them higher. Philadelphia is old and run down. They have no young players that I feel will make a strong impact for them.

NL Central:

1) St Louis
2) Pittsburgh
3) Cincinnati
4) Milwaukee
5) Chicago

-St Louis is the class of the division and their young pitching is only going to get better. As a Pirate fan, I really like Freese and Beltran are gone. I believe the Pirates will be better this year. A full year of Liriano, Morton and Cole should help. Taillon and Polanco will be up in June and I firmly believe Burnett will be back. I could say more, but that'll be for another time. I think the Reds can finish second, but I like the Pirates' pitching depth more. The Reds have a scary 3-4-5 and Hamilton will be a ***** to deal with. The Brewers could surprise, but I don't think their pitching will hold up. They can hit with anyone in the division, though. Chicago is a few more years away from competing with the rest of the division.

NL West:

1) Los Angeles
2) San Diego
3) San Francisco
4) Colorado
5) Arizona

-The Dodgers will once again be the crown jewl of the division. Their rotation is deep and have a stud lineup. Will all the egos gel and they stay healthy? I REALLY like the Padres this year. I love their pitching. I love their bullpen. I love their potential lineup. I believe they are contenders this year. San Fran will be improved this year because Cain will bounce back. I like Hudson in SF and I like the addition of Morse, if healthy, to that lineup. I'd like Colorado more if they had more pitching. Gray and Butler will help that this year, but how much? Everyone knows they will hit if Tulo and CarGo are healthy. I really want to like Arizona, but I don't like their starting pitching outside of Bradley, who isn't going to be up till June. Adding Trumbo to Goldy is solid, though.

Playoff predictions:

1) Dodgers
2) Nationals
3) Cardinals
4) Pittsburgh or San Diego
Old 02-03-2014, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland will finish ahead of KC. Book it.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:06 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

THE CUBS WILL NOT FINISH LAST YEAR! BOOM! GAUNTLETS THROWN! WATCH OUT!

I think the brewers are going to be quite bad.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post

It would be in the Cubs' best interest to be as bad as possible again this year.
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
It would be in the Cubs' best interest to be as bad as possible again this year.
I agree and get Daz Cameron.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:49 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm fine with the Cubs showing progress and getting better. This isn't the NBA or NFL where top draft position is the end all be all. Being #8 instead of #3 is not as big of an impact as signing the right international prospects and developing the guys in the system.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to lock up Freeman & Heyward. Now onto Kimbrel

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That Freeman deal is all kinds of bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-04-2014, 07:54 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I really want to like Arizona, but I don't like their starting pitching outside of Bradley, who isn't going to be up till June. Adding Trumbo to Goldy is solid, though.
...whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Corbin = Beast
Trumbo = Trash

plenty of reasons not to like the D'Backs but both of these things are just wrong

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post

Care to elaborate on Milwaukee?

Their lineup

2B Scooter Gennett
SS Jean Segura
RF Ryan Braun
3B Aramis Ramirez
C Jonathan Lucroy
1B Mark Reynolds
LF Khris Davis
CF Carlos Gomez

Rotation
Garza
Lohse
Gallardo
Peralta
Estrada

They will be able to hit, score plenty of runs, and the pitching staff gets a huge boost from Garza.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did the Brewers sign Mark Reynolds? I'd really like your lineup if it wasn't for that strike out machine. Is there any competition for him at first?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
When did the Brewers sign Mark Reynolds? I'd really like your lineup if it wasn't for that strike out machine. Is there any competition for him at first?
Overbay and Francisco will compete behind him, and I'll be surprised if Francisco isn't the guy to emerge between those two.