Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-29-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah for taking Johan out. I also would have put in Mejia instead of Igarashi but that's a little more debateable.
You know I hate Jerry but I would have taken Johan out too. He's not really a guy who goes 110-115 pitches plus on a given start. I prescribe to the modern theory of baseball though in that I don't want to overwork my pitchers and like to keep their pitch count reasonable and their innings as well.

Especially in the first half of the season. I would have used Mejia instead of Iggy as well though.

It's pretty moronic how Igarashi has just come back from the DL and Manuel has thrown him into the fire twice. I mean it's not like we should give him a few games to reestablish his pitches or anything in low leverage situations..sigh.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
You know I hate Jerry but I would have taken Johan out too. He's not really a guy who goes 110-115 pitches plus on a given start. I prescribe to the modern theory of baseball though in that I don't want to overwork my pitchers and like to keep their pitch count reasonable and their innings as well.

Especially in the first half of the season. I would have used Mejia instead of Iggy as well though.

It's pretty moronic how Igarashi has just come back from the DL and Manuel has thrown him into the fire twice. I mean it's not like we should give him a few games to reestablish his pitches or anything in low leverage situations..sigh.
Yeah I'm not sure how Igarashi has become our de facto 8th inning guy after his injury.

Also, Johan came out after 105 pitches. He's thrown more than that this year and most of his struggles came in the first 2 innings. He should have stayed in. We're 2 months into the season and we need wins whenever we can get them.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah I'm not sure how Igarashi has become our de facto 8th inning guy after his injury.

Also, Johan came out after 105 pitches. He's thrown more than that this year and most of his struggles came in the first 2 innings. He should have stayed in. We're 2 months into the season and we need wins whenever we can get them.
True, but there's a good chance he ends up throwing 115+ against the heart of the Brewers line up. Keeping Santana in is no guarantee of a win either. Even if he throws another zero up it just means Igarashi probably comes in the next inning.
Old 05-29-2010, 12:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
True, but there's a good chance he ends up throwing 115+ against the heart of the Brewers line up. Keeping Santana in is no guarantee of a win either. Even if he throws another zero up it just means Igarashi probably comes in the next inning.
Of course it's not a guarantee but I want to lose with our best pitcher on the mound. Also, I'd rather give us one more chance to get a run.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-29-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
I suggest you and every sports reporter do the same. You're on a message board bitching about someone else bitching. Pot meet kettle.

Glad to see the cardinals offense showing signs of life. Cards/Cubs series is right around the corner hopefully they stay hot and win me money

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow who loses to the royals TWICE? IN A ROW?
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To win the triple crown do you have to lead only your league or both?
Old 05-29-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Pirate fan, the only thing I am looking forward to is bringing up the kids, the draft, what we get for Doumit, and following our awesome starting pitching in the minors. Bryan Morris should win the Minor League Pitcher of the Year if he keeps up his domination.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:01 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pose this question to the forum:

If Hines didn't care about the Pirates would they be relevant on this board?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post

Easy answer:

Maybe. People will be bringing up Charlie Morton every five days and what bonehead plays they made or stupid moves they made. Or they'd bring them up when they talk about terrible teams and how their team got beat by the Pirates. They won't be talked about much since I am the only one that posts about the Pirates here.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Absolutely not. I mean there are no Astros fans who post in the MLB thread and no one ever ******* talks about them.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Commie is an Astro fan, but he hasn't posted here as much. There's also another Astro fan, but I forget what his name was.
Old 05-29-2010, 02:15 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Commie is an Astro fan, but he hasn't posted here as much. There's also another Astro fan, but I forget what his name was.
That is why explicitly said there are none who post in the MLB thread.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 02:53 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just find it funny. I mean I'm an O's fan, no denying it. Yet I don't fill entire pages about them because frankly they're not relevant enough to warrant cluttering up this thread.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:43 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Igarashi hasn't shown a single sign of being anything near decent, so I'm not sure why Jerry has a boner for him. If Mejia's such an important part of our pen like that ******* idiot claims, he should be in the game.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Igarashi hasn't shown a single sign of being anything near decent, so I'm not sure why Jerry has a boner for him. If Mejia's such an important part of our pen like that ******* idiot claims, he should be in the game.
I can't agree more. I mean it's really such a god damn waste to have him on the team it makes no sense. Parnell is having a very good year in AAA even though his E.R.A. is a bit high. He's striking out guys a lot more than last year which was one of his problems. If Jerry wants a hard throwing righty bring him back up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-29-2010, 07:50 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ah damnit...I was trying to think up some snarky comment, but of course my Brewers are below the Pirates in the standings and barely ahead of the Astros. Point is, I feel your pain.

The Brewers have 13 pitchers on their roster right now. Half are too old veterans who have lost their stuff (Jeff Suppan, Trevor Hoffman, Claudio Vargas, Doug Davis). The other half are freshly called up rookies who are not ready to be carrying a team (Braddock, Axford).

But with Prince inevitably on the way out, the youn'uns are all we really have to look forward to. If(when) Prince Fielder leaves, a piece of my heart will go with him...Watching him, Braun, Rickie Weeks and now Casey McGehee all develop and come up together has been the driving force in Milwaukee baseball.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 05-29-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Hines may give a little too many updates but I don't mind. I like keeping up with all the teams around the league and the posters here help me do that a little better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-29-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I don't see anyone complaining about the Mets spam and they suck! (just kidding I love you all, except Chucky).

It's a ******* baseball thread, quit bitching about people posting about baseball.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants called up Buster Posey per Buster Olney
Old 05-29-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Giants called up Buster Posey per Buster Olney
Wow I wonder if he'll actually play.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-29-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poor Greinke.the 12 runs scored last night by KC guarantees he's gonna get nothing tonight
Old 05-29-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

O's CF Jones detained for hours by Canadian officials

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/s...r_espn_5203674
Old 05-29-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they have police in canada?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Wow I wonder if he'll actually play.
I doubt it. Molina is their guy. It's so sad. I feel bad for Buster.