Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-14-2014, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I want a top of the rotation arm brought in. With the loss of Taillon and Liriano looking like the worst pitcher in the system, there's just nothing behind Cole and Morton. And even with those two, I'd prefer an arm ahead of them.

Someone like Price or Samardzija would sure make next year look prettier too. I just hope Huntington wasn't lying when he said the Morris trade could help free up prospects to trade. I wouldn't hate dealing anyone but Glasnow, Taillon, Meadows, and McGuire. They won't trade anyone in that group and they won't trade Kingham either. Josh Bell has to be the trade chip of choice, but a package built around him isn't enough to land an ace.
I just don't see NH having the sack to go after Sam or Price. I'd go after someone like Wade Miley. Having a bad year, but seems like every Arizona pitcher is. I can see Bell being the future 1B. I'd trade Kingham and Cumpton/Sadler/Locke for Miley.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I just don't see NH having the sack to go after Sam or Price. I'd go after someone like Wade Miley. Having a bad year, but seems like every Arizona pitcher is. I can see Bell being the future 1B. I'd trade Kingham and Cumpton/Sadler/Locke for Miley.
He'll have no problem going after them. He just won't pay anything; he loves his farm system. At this point I don't see anything in Bells numbers to think he's any more than a platoon player.

I'll be very dissapointed if Wade Miley is the arm they go after.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll have no problem going after them. He just won't pay anything; he loves his farm system. At this point I don't see anything in Bells numbers to think he's any more than a platoon player.

I'll be very dissapointed if Wade Miley is the arm they go after.
So .318, 26 XBH and an .880 OPS is a platoon player? He's only 21 and it's his second full season in pro ball.

A 27, lefty, innings eater would be very good for the Pirates. Not to mention he's controllable for the next 3 and a half years.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So .318, 26 XBH and an .880 OPS is a platoon player? He's only 21 and it's his second full season in pro ball.

A 27, lefty, innings eater would be very good for the Pirates. Not to mention he's controllable for the next 3 and a half years.
Small sample against lhp, and that's always been the concern with his bat. He has plenty of potential to be a nice bat, but he's definitely not someone I'm afraid to deal.

Miley wouldn't be a bad addition by any means, just not the type of impact player I'm looking to add. The years of control are the best thing in his favor. I'm not opposed to getting him, but this team needs an impact arm. No one is going to confuse Wade Miley with a top of the rotation starter. With those years, who knows what Arizona would want to part with him.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 06-14-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

@ESPNStatsInfo: Pirates Outfielders: 31-for-71 (.437), 5 HR, 18 RBI, 1.178 OPS since calling up Gregory Polanco (all best in MLB during that time)

Old 06-14-2014, 11:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shark would cost you to much. If I'm a Pirates fan, David Price is who I'm hoping for. Then again, as a Cards fan, he's who I'm hoping for as well...soo **** off.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Shark would cost you to much. If I'm a Pirates fan, David Price is who I'm hoping for. Then again, as a Cards fan, he's who I'm hoping for as well...soo **** off.
He's definitely my first choice. But it's not a move the Pirates will make. Someone will be willing to pay more in terms of prospects.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Blake Taylor is the PTBNL in the Ike Davis deal. I'm just glad it's not Jacoby Jones the way he's been playing this year. The way our system is I'd much rather lose a low level arm than a position player.

Loving all the Mets fans on twitter that are pissed cause they were sure it was Meadows or McGuire. I think Taylor is a pretty good return for a guy they wanted to deal.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 06-15-2014 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Taylor is a great return. Sandy actually has killed the Pirates trade wise.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Taylor is a great return. Sandy actually has killed the Pirates trade wise.
In terms of winning trades, definitely. Herrera for 2 months of Byrd was a great get, but with what Byrd brought to this team I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In terms of winning trades, definitely. Herrera for 2 months of Byrd was a great get, but with what Byrd brought to this team I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
And Black. Yes though it was worth it from your perspective. We have Niese or Gee if you want one of them but then we really get Meadows.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2014, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
And Black. Yes though it was worth it from your perspective. We have Niese or Gee if you want one of them but then we really get Meadows.
They won't trade Meadows. He's gonna be the apology presant we get whenever Cutch leaves.

Taylor was having a nice time in the GCL. Still a ways away, but always nice to have a projectable lefty. I forgot Black was a part of that deal too.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'm happy. You guys are playing Ike in the correct way only against RHP so I think very fair on both ends.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-15-2014, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm happy. You guys are playing Ike in the correct way only against RHP so I think very fair on both ends.
The platoon 1B because it'll be cheaper than buying an everyday player idea is finally working out ok. Gaby and Ike have combined to play pretty well at 1B.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, uhhh... The Royals. Yeah.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

7 shutout innings of 5 hit ball for Vance Worley in his debut. Wow.
Old 06-15-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure the A's and Giants are destined to have another meeting in the WS.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I'm pretty sure the A's and Giants are destined to have another meeting in the WS.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did Hawk Harrelson just say "goddammit" on the air?
Old 06-15-2014, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
So he's cleaned his language up these days.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Bases loaded, no outs. Zero runs.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Bases loaded, no outs. Zero runs.
Pathetic loss. So many chances to win this game. If were gonna have a defensive substitution maybe it should be for the guy that can't throw the ball 3rd to 1st accurately or the guy that can't make an easy pick. Instead we end up with Barmes hitting instead of Harrison and I'm not even sure Barmes fielded a ball as a defensive sub.

And next we get Cueto. Perfect. At least the other two bullpen collapses this series still were salvaged, and Worley pitched well.

Last edited by Smooth Criminal : 06-15-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 04:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Mike Moustakas got his OPS over 600 today.
Old 06-15-2014, 05:01 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
"You can't say god damn on the air."
Old 06-15-2014, 05:25 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Tell me more about the pitcher with the 4.61 ERA who will shut down the team with the 2nd most runs scored, averaging over 5 runs per game.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote