Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Against the Brewers...He should be disappointed with giving up those 2 hits. They are just a sad bunch right now. Rickie Weeks' leadoff double sucked me in for the next 9 innings. Shame on me.
Leadoff Double, just a bad read by Colby in Center. Could of easily had that ball if he didn't break in on it at first.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I'm a Marlins fan I'd be real pissed at Hanley yet again. The guy just doesn't get it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If I'm a Marlins fan I'd be real pissed at Hanley yet again. The guy just doesn't get it.
What he do now?
Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God damn Duke had to start sucking after starting out well. I hope they can get two runs in the bottom of the nineth.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
What he do now?
Marlins down 4-3 top of the 9th 2 outs. Hits a grounder to 3rd that Wright had to reeally go towards the line for. Wright one hops it right on line but it took a while to get there, meanwhile Hanley was still out by a mile. Game over. On replay it showed Hanley didn't hustle out of the box with the game on the line.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Yeah that list is actually too young T24L... and the next 3 years for some of those players wont be as good as..

C: Joe Mauer (barring injury)
1B: Albert Pujols ( is he gonna turn into Griffey? lololol No. Will still hit the ball)
2B: Robinson Cano (this is his coming out party, but who didn't see it coming)
3B: Evan Longoria
SS: Hanley
OF: Carl Crawford (base stealer, good fielder, good hitter..)
OF: Jacoby Ellsbury (when healthy)
OF: Andre Eithier (clutch city, him or Kemp here doesn't matter but Eithier can bomb)
Agree with this. Some of the young players will be that good or better. But when we make lists like this, I feel like we go way too young. Weiters shouldn't be on any of these lists as he's really shown nothing in the majors yet. And at this point the odds are really stacked against him coming close to being on par with Mauer.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so glad I wasnt able to watch Heyward strike out 5 times yesterday. A loss was imminent with Kenshin on the hill, opposite Kershaw anyway. But ugh, I would have flipped out seeing J-Hey K up 5 times. geez.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'm so glad I wasnt able to watch Heyward strike out 5 times yesterday. A loss was imminent with Kenshin on the hill, opposite Kershaw anyway. But ugh, I would have flipped out seeing J-Hey K up 5 times. geez.
He's no Austin Jackson.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Agree with this. Some of the young players will be that good or better. But when we make lists like this, I feel like we go way too young. Weiters shouldn't be on any of these lists as he's really shown nothing in the majors yet. And at this point the odds are really stacked against him coming close to being on par with Mauer.
He's had exactly one year in the big leagues, lets not call the guy a bust just yet.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
He's had exactly one year in the big leagues, lets not call the guy a bust just yet.
I'm not saying a complete bust but I don't think he'll ever live up to the hype. And by no means what so ever can you choose him as a top 10 position player you'd have on your team over the next 3 years. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but right now there are just too many better young players.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post

Seeing as how he's an amazing baseball player, I'd say he gets it.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm bored, so I made a 26 and under team:

1B: Prince Fielder
2B: Dustin Pedroia
SS: Hanley Ramirez
3B: Evan Longoria (Zimmerman got a lot of consideration)
LF: Ryan Braun
CF: Andrew McCutchen
RF: Jason Heyward
C: Buster Posey

SP: Stephen Strasburg
SP: Clayton Kershaw
SP: Jon Lester
SP: Ubaldo Jimmenez
SP: Tim Lincecum

CL: Jonathan Broxton

Rotation is not in order.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

There are so many young and talented OFers in the majors right now it's not even funny. There could have been a lot more players on that list in the outfield. Upton, Ellsbury, Upton, Span, Fowler, Mike Stanton, etc.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
There are so many young and talented OFers in the majors right now it's not even funny. There could have been a lot more players on that list in the outfield. Upton, Ellsbury, Upton, Span, Fowler, Mike Stanton, etc.
Not getting the Ellsbury love. Very nice player to have on your team, but he's not at the caliber of these other guys. Especially if he isn't playing CF. Fowler is also a switch hitter who can't hit from the left side. I thought he'd be better. Markakis is still 26. Even with his power outage, I'd take him over either one of those guys.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Not getting the Ellsbury love. Very nice player to have on your team, but he's not at the caliber of these other guys. Especially if he isn't playing CF. Fowler is also a switch hitter who can't hit from the left side. I thought he'd be better. Markakis is still 26. Even with his power outage, I'd take him over either one of those guys.
I just threw out names on the top of my head. I wasn't saying they would have been on the list that I made up.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I just threw out names on the top of my head. I wasn't saying they would have been on the list that I made up.
I got ya. Fowler's just been really bad this year. Sent back down to AAA after hitting .162/.252/.242 as a left hander batter. He's great against lefties from the right side, but he's got to do a ton better as a lefty hitter unless he wants to be a strict platoon player and defensive replacement.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

May I nominate Austin Jackson as well? Here's the catch he made Wednesday:

Old 06-05-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying a complete bust but I don't think he'll ever live up to the hype. And by no means what so ever can you choose him as a top 10 position player you'd have on your team over the next 3 years. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but right now there are just too many better young players.
I'm not leading the charge to put him on these lists, because frankly you are right the value isn't there. That being said, he's still likely to be a very good player and I don't think anyone here disagrees with that assessment. The biggest problem I see is that he plays for the Orioles. The team is a debacle of epic proportions right now. Firing Trembley is a start, but anyone who thinks that he was the only problem probably thinks BP will fix the Gulf situation as well.

The list of problems with the Orioles is far too long to list and goes back long before I was even born LOL. Still I am a fan, but then again I am stubborn :D

But yeah Matt WOO!!!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The list of problems with the Orioles is far too long to list and goes back long before I was even born LOL. Still I am a fan, but then again I am stubborn :D

But yeah Matt WOO!!!!!!!!
Red Sox fans take over the town this weekend? I'm going Thursday night for the Yankees.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Completely agree with the Ellsbury thing. What exactly has he done (defensively or offensively) to show that he'll be the best CF over the next 5 years, over guys like Austin Jackson (who's already a billion times better), Colby Rasmus, Andrew McCutchen, Matt Kemp, Franklin Gutierrez....

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Completely agree with the Ellsbury thing. What exactly has he done (defensively or offensively) to show that he'll be the best CF over the next 5 years, over guys like Austin Jackson (who's already a billion times better), Colby Rasmus, Andrew McCutchen, Matt Kemp, Franklin Gutierrez....
Even when he first came up I never got the hype. BA had him a top 20 prospect at one point. Him and Gardner are indentical players basically. Each do somethings a little better than the other, but close enough. Both are very nice complimentary players on a team because they have one tool that's so ridiculously better than most players. But that's about it. Neither are going to be players you build a team around.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

My eyes must deceive me. Chan Ho Park just pitched 2 scoreless innings in extra innings.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AARON HILL....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Can't wait to go the game tomorrow.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even when he first came up I never got the hype. BA had him a top 20 prospect at one point. Him and Gardner are indentical players basically. Each do somethings a little better than the other, but close enough. Both are very nice complimentary players on a team because they have one tool that's so ridiculously better than most players. But that's about it. Neither are going to be players you build a team around.
I'd rather have Gardner if I were to pick from the two.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd rather have Gardner if I were to pick from the two.
I think it's really close. If it is Gardner it's by ever so little. I'd rather have Gardner too because while Ellsbury has more power, Gardner has better discipline and OBP. Which should allow him to take advantage of his speed more. But for two basically identical players, Ellsbury just got so much more hype. Maybe it was draft position when they were taken and because going into the minors Ellsbury had played better competition in college.