Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-09-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Tabata is up.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still drooling by the way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
And yet for 7 years in Cincinnati he was largely a failure because he could never produce in big games, cost us a ton in LF, refused to move to 1B, was more concerned hitting more HR than JR. When a double would win it for us he would still try to hit it 450 ft rather than go opposite field with a hit when they put his shift on.
Waiting 7 years to "get it" and still suck in key moments. (Last I heard he was 0-24 so far with RISP and 2 outs)

And I wasnt saying you have never watched a game. I was referring to your blind love of those goofy stats that cannot actually be considered 100% accurate yet your dismissal of the batting average.
I was saying watch a game. Dont rely on those numbers. Jeter has come up HUGE in big situations. I have seen him do it. In 7 years of seeing nearly every game, can very rarely recall Dunn doing anything.

"Its not about swinging for the fences, its about getting on base"
Well funny thing is, for 7 years Dunn was more concerned about swinging for the fences. There were several interviews and articles about how he wouldnt change his approach to help the team he wanted to hit his HRs. If you're closing a game, I would walk Dunn, not because I am "afraid of him" but because if he does hit it, and thats a big if, it might go out more often than a lot of people. Thats how he gets so many walks. Trust me. No one really "pitched around" Adam Dunn. Maybe a few times when JR was hurt and we had scrubs out there.
You almost as bad as that guy who was ripping Pujols. Now I'm saying Dunn is as good as Pujols, but's he's still a good player. Adam Dunn has gotten on base 38.3% of the time he has stepped up to the plate over his career. That is better than most players in the league. That's better than guys like Mark Teixeira, Chase Utley, and Evan Longoria. Batting average only matters if you don't know how to take a walk. However, Dunn is among the best in the game at talking walks. He's still been able to drive in around 100 runs per year despite playing in mostly poor lineups. As for how "un-clutch" Dunn has been, his OBP is 53 points higher with runners in scoring position than it is when the bases are empty. Basically, 41.5% of the time Dunn comes up to the plate with runners in scoring position he gets a hit or draws a walk. That's 11 points (or 1.1% better than Derek Jeter). He may not drive in as many runners as he could, but he gets on base a lot avoiding outs and giving other guys the opportunity to drive him in.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
I don't get all the hoopla about Strasburg's debut. How can 0 for 2 on two groundouts be considered anything special? Can you say O-VER-RA-TED?
I agree, and then Pirate hitters were 0-16 on 0-2 counts with 14Ks, I expect better....Consider me unimpressed.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Had a good night.

Went out to Nationals Park, met SuperKevin, and got to see Stephen Strasburg's debut. Here is my reaction:

Wish you guys would have told me you were going!
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pedro Alvarez is a single from the cylce. It's on MLBN. I am so glad to be watching this.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Pedro Alvarez is a single from the cylce. It's on MLBN. I am so glad to be watching this.
It's only a matter of time before he gets called up....and Strasburg strikes him out four times in a game.

Hah.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Arrieta Time has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I didn't realize how much Tabata was swiping bases again. His SBs are way up in the minors this year.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Arrieta Time has arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When? Is he starting?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
When? Is he starting?
Tomorrow and yes he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Tomorrow and yes he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Nice. I'll be there for when Cano takes him deep!
Old 06-09-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pedro struck out in the bottom of the 8th and did not get the cycle. :(
Old 06-09-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Release Ibanez and eat the cap like we did with Jenkins and Eaton.

Call up Domonic Brown.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aright all...I need some fantasy baseball advice. As some of you may remember I am in a fantasy keeper league. Standard 5 x5 roto. Keep 10/20 players. My team is kinda hurting right now. I'm in 5th out of 12, because my pitching is killing me. Yesterday I got offered an awesome trade:

I recieve:
Verlander
Granderson
Ian Stewart(I didn't have a 2B)

I give:
Johan
Webb
Desmond Jennings

So ya....sweet deal. I took it. So here is my team

C-Buster Posey
1B-Adrian Gonzalez
2B-Ian Stewart
SS-Jose Reyes
3B-Pablo Sandoval
LF-Jose Bautista
CF-B.J. Upton
RF-Matt Kemp
Util- Curtis Granderson
BN- Adam Lind

SP-Felix
SP-Verlander
SP-Vazquez
RP-Papelbon
RP-Andrew Bailey
P-Manny Corpas
P-Barry Zito
BN-Max Scherzer
BN-Brian Matusz
BN-Jeremy Hellickson

So right now my potential keepers are
1. Buster Posey
2.Adrian Gonzalez
3.Jose Reyes
4.Kung Fu Panda
5.B.J. Upton
6.Matt Kemp
7.Curtis Granderson
8.Adam Lind
9.Felix Hernandez
10.Justin Verlander
11.Brian Matusz
12.Jeremy Hellickson
13.Andrew Bailey
14.Papelbon(although I doubt I keep a closer)

I just recently got offered BJ Upton for Phil Hughes. I need pitching and need to get rid of OFers so I am pretty sure its a good deal. Thoughts on my team, the trade, and the keepers would be appreciated.

Last edited by Chucky : 06-09-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Rumored that Alvarez will be up next week against the Indians! :)
Old 06-09-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webb's not pitching this year or maybe again so its basically Johan & Jennings for Verlander, Granderson and Stewart

I'd do it

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Webb's not pitching this year or maybe again so its basically Johan & Jennings for Verlander, Granderson and Stewart

I'd do it
Ya...I already took that deal. The deal I am asking about is if whether I should trade BJ Upton for Phil Hughes
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Jose Tabata got his first career hit on his first career at bat. Congrats to him.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In a few years when he retires at Satchel Paige's retirement age, this hit will be memorable.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
In a few months when he retires at Satchel Paige's retirement age, this hit will be memorable.
Fixed it for you.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-09-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines you may want to just stop talking about Tabata. Or talk about him enough that Brodeur runs out of jokes.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Welcome to the big leagues, Brad Lincoln.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Hines you may want to just stop talking about Tabata. Or talk about him enough that Brodeur runs out of jokes.
He uses the same joke all the time. It's whatever.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I have an endless supply of jokes for every situation.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote