Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-24-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
For a non homer pick, I'll go with David Price.
i second this.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Quentin can stay healthy he'll put up above average numbers. It's been difficult for him to do so lately though. As for Hart I don't expect much. Maybe around a .275/.335/.465 type line.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Jay Bruce has some sort of breakout. Need to see something from him.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everybody picked Rays for breakouts so I'm going to assume Joyce, S-Rod, and Price all do terrible this year. Thanks guys!
Old 03-24-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Breakout predictions?

What player(s) will break out this season?
Too easy. Colby Rasmus.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore Orioles - .500 this year...That's right I said it.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Baltimore Orioles - .500 this year...That's right I said it.
Which one of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays do you think will severely underacheive from their projected wins total?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Which one of the Yankees, Red Sox, and Rays do you think will severely underacheive from their projected wins total?
Well that's tough, they are arguably the 3 best teams in the AL if not the MLB. I don't think any of them will "severely" underachieve. If the O's were to play 500 ball, that would only be good for 4th place still.

Tough to imagine Tampa winning less than the 84 they did last year with the young talent they have.

Sox may be without a big banger in the lineup without Manny/Bay and with an aging/declining Ortiz. But they added Lackey to an already very good rotation. I'm confident they will get their 90+ wins still.

And the Yankees are still devastating, but you have to think that their age will catch up to them at some point (it has to right?). But will this be the year? I don't know...with no significant injuries they are still making the playoffs.

Bottom line...I don't think any of them have to "severly underachieve" for the O's to post a 500 record.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Live Crew View Post
Well that's tough, they are arguably the 3 best teams in the AL if not the MLB. I don't think any of them will "severely" underachieve. If the O's were to play 500 ball, that would only be good for 4th place still.

Tough to imagine Tampa winning less than the 84 they did last year with the young talent they have.

Sox may be without a big banger in the lineup without Manny/Bay and with an aging/declining Ortiz. But they added Lackey to an already very good rotation. I'm confident they will get their 90+ wins still.

And the Yankees are still devastating, but you have to think that their age will catch up to them at some point (it has to right?). But will this be the year? I don't know...with no significant injuries they are still making the playoffs.

Bottom line...I don't think any of them have to "severly underachieve" for the O's to post a 500 record.

Well when you play them a combined 57 times and you agree that they'll all be good again getting to 81 wins could be tough. Any other division and I would agree with you.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it's unfathomable that the Rays could underachieve this year, especially when you are so reliant on young pitching, with that said I don't expect that to happen. I do think the O's will improve this year though. It's not so much about the win total as it is about getting those young guys more ML experience and getting the rest of the cavalry up to Baltimore (Belll, Snyder, Arrieta etc) but there has to be SOME improvement in the overall record, and I think it's possible we float around the .500 mark.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian McCann has J.A. Happ's number today. 2-2 2HR.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Well when you play them a combined 57 times and you agree that they'll all be good again getting to 81 wins could be tough. Any other division and I would agree with you.
That was my point. If you expect those 3 teams to be as good as everyone thinks, unless the Orioles go 16-2 against the Blue Jays or absolutely clean up on the NL, it will be tough to get to 81 wins.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the O's can just be a few games under .500 against the big three, they can get to 81-81. It isn't as hard as you make it seem.

The Blue Jays did it two years ago.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Davis is officially the Rays 5th Starter. Hurrah!
Old 03-24-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Wade Davis is officially the Rays 5th Starter. Hurrah!
I watched his whole outing vs Minnesota.. he didn't look great. Worried me a bit. Then again, it is spring.

Just wanted to say that I think Atlanta has a really nice team this year.. if they could have kept Vazquez, I'd like them even more.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is DR's time a day behind or what?

Rafael DePaula update. He is going to sign with Yanks? I hope so.

http://www.bronxbaseballdaily.com/?p=4363
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I watched his whole outing vs Minnesota.. he didn't look great. Worried me a bit. Then again, it is spring.
Still, I prefer him to Sonnanstine.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Is Wade Davis rosterable?
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:

Just wanted to say that I think Atlanta has a really nice team this year.. if they could have kept Vazquez, I'd like them even more.
They have Hinske, so they're guaranteed to win the AL East.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
They have Hinske, so they're guaranteed to win the AL East.
Hinske is awesome. Rays should have kept him over Pat the Suck.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-24-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

But with all that extra money we were able to sign... Troy Glaus. ****.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Troy Glaus is going to dominate, Mr. Irish.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-24-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post

What the hell did you expect? It was cost effective move. Braves would keep Vazquez had they not decided to scrap off the budget.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Yankees released Chad Gaudin.

And it looks like finally Joba is officially going to be a reliever. I predict a very ugly arbitration situation with him next year.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

My Gosh! It is Huuuughesssss. He just wins 5th start. He is by far better than Wade Davis, lol.

Chamberlain may either a reliever in majors or a starter in Scranton. It would be a lot of cheaper if he pitched in minor league for most of time when his time is up for arbitration crap. Love that dirty business.

Releasing Gaudin saves about 2M and it could cover Rafael DePaula's bonus signing. Why not.

I laughed at Mets' attempting to shop Mathew Jr. Jim Thome may be one of the best DH/PH in MLB and Twins only pays him 1.5M. Mathew Jr is due for 2M from any current team. damn.