Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-27-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we have Cahill too?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Can we have Cahill too?
I offered you Porcello yesterday. Was that not enough?
Old 06-27-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I offered you Porcello yesterday. Was that not enough?
I'd take Porcello. Fit right in with the trash we have here in Pittsburgh. At least Porcello is young and has potential. He and Morton will be nice BP for opposing hitters.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd take Porcello. Fit right in with the trash we have here in Pittsburgh. At least Porcello is young and has potential. He and Morton will be nice BP for opposing hitters.
I hope to god you're joking.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I hope to god you're joking.
I'm just frustrated.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just frustrated.

Feel better...watching stuff on him makes me sad and glad at the same time. Sad he died in the fashion he did but glad that people like him do exist.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Clemente is a true word of a 5 tool player. Sad that his life came to an end so soon. My favorite player of all time.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'm just frustrated.
You have the Pens and the Steelers. It's OK.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Clemente is a true word of a 5 tool player. Sad that his life came to an end so soon. My favorite player of all time.
As much as I have a disdain for Pittsburgh, he is in my top 5 or 10 probably.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-27-2010, 01:21 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
You have the Pens and the Steelers. It's OK.
Which neither can come soon enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
As much as I have a disdain for Pittsburgh, he is in my top 5 or 10 probably.
Yeah, Clemente is great. As much as I don't like Cincy, I believe Rose needs to be in the Hall of Fame. Best pure hitter of all time.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, Clemente is great. As much as I don't like Cincy, I believe Rose needs to be in the Hall of Fame. Best pure hitter of all time.
He may have also been the toughest SOB to play post-Ty Cobb lol.
Only guy I know who would bust a guys shoulder at an All-Star game.
Having met him many times, I stand behind that lol.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-27-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just frustrated.
Orioles 3 game winning streak!! :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
I told you the Pirates are the worst team in the majors by a longshot. The Orioles would sweep them.
Old 06-27-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Matt Wieters doesn't suck !!!!!!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have 6 tools
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news is that Buchholz's injury does not appear to be serious.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Another umpire admits to a costly mistake that goes against the Tigers:

http://www.freep.com/article/2010062...00626053/1355/

Sigh
Old 06-27-2010, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bill Bray....is BACK!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-27-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle traded for Russell Branyan?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wright HR, Ike HR, Bay 3B. Good stuff.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Seattle traded for Russell Branyan?
Yeah for 2 minor leaguers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the Twins suck now.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Wow. Really Trevor Cahill? The dude has 22 Ks to 5 BBs in his last 3 games. He is still prone to a bit of wildness (nibbling moreso), but he is actually bringing his strikeout numbers up.

Of the two rookie pitchers last year--Porcello and Cahill--who would have thought the one who would be most successful this year (as a result of bringing up his K/BB ratio) would be Cahill?

I was expecting a half or full season in AAA for Cahill this season. His ERA is still outproducing his peripherals (more games like the last two), but the improvement is a shock. I would have punched you in the face for a bold faced lie if you had told me this offseason that Trevor Cahill would have a 10 K game following a 7 K game.
He really has been impressive lately and it couldn't come at a better time with Anderson and Duke injured. I'm trying not to get too excited though because it was just the Pirates, they make lots of guys look good. :D:-D
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Dusty Baker is a walking FAIL.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 06-27-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had to end sometime. Made it interesting at the end.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote