Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-25-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
He is by far better than Wade Davis, lol.
I'll ******* kill you.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aww man I have to share the Wade Davis is overrated opinion with that guy? Dammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:23 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What the hell did you expect? It was cost effective move. Braves would keep Vazquez had they not decided to scrap off the budget.
Someone to man Left.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Picked up the newest issue of SI today with GOD on the cover, gotta go pick up another one tomorrow because this ones pages are all stuck together ;)
Old 03-26-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Someone to man Left.
oh.. I still prefer Glaus because I dont think there was any available with power for LF job for 2M or less.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Glaus move makes sense because, we deperately need right handed power...assuming Glaus has still got it. I didnt love it at first, though. I still would have rather re-upped Laroche for a year. <3 Laroche is just a monster with Atlanta. haha. Hopefully he plays well for Arizona, I really think he's about to have a big year.

As for Glaus, I wouldnt be surprised to see him stick around if he plays well...but not at first. Freddie Freeman may not have that immense power yet but, he's pretty ready. He should be starting next year, heck I would be confident in him playing now. The Cards toyed around with the idea of moving Glaus to Left....so perhaps, Glaus can do that or even potentially man 3B next year if Chipper were to hang them up, god forbid. I'm getting ahead of myself, though. Excited about Troy's hot spring. But if he can play well, he'll probably stick around.

Anyway as for this year...if they stay healthy the Braves look to have a very strong team. But Chipper and Glaus injuries are probably inevitable. Chipper for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 03-26-2010 at 10:43 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braves manager Bobby Cox told Jason Heyward that he will open the season as the starting right fielder.

"I’m delighted to tell you you’re on the team, Jason, simply because you make us a better team," Cox told Heyward. It was all but official already, as the impressive youngster has batted .366 (15-for-41) with one home run and five RBI this spring. The former 2007 first-round pick batted .323/.408/.555 with 17 homers and 63 RBI between three stops in the minor leagues last season and becomes immediately relevant in mixed leagues. Matt Diaz and Melky Cabrera will likely share left field duties, though the latter could also see some work in center field.

-Rotoworld

Sorry if already posted.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First I heard about it. No surprise, though. I was telling everyone I knew he was a damn near lock to start the season in right. He's just so advanced for his age, he's ready.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the hype. This one is legit.

Heyward > Wieters

Sorry guys.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah.... It would be embarrassing if Braves cant beat Mets in NL east division.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I believe the hype. This one is legit.

Heyward > Wieters

Sorry guys.
You guys aren't getting this.

Catcher > OF

Also, be careful because Heyward has the same hype Jay Bruce had. Not saying he's gonna have the same downfalls, but the hype is similar, heck I think Bruce had more hype.

Last edited by ccB : 03-26-2010 at 11:44 AM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Picked up the newest issue of SI today with GOD on the cover, gotta go pick up another one tomorrow because this ones pages are all stuck together ;)
Wait, I thought Mauer was just on the cover..
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce never got this much hype. Also he wasn't rated the one of the top two prospects in baseball by all publications.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Catcher > OF

Heyward has the same hype Jay Bruce had.
Was Bruce ever this complete of a hitter? If he takes on the right approach and attitude toward his craft, and baseball probably just as much any other sport is all about a player's craft, then there is no telling how far his natural abilities can take him. He's certainly got some of Pujols' qualities, the rest is up to him.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Bruce never got this much hype. Also he wasn't rated the one of the top two prospects in baseball by all publications.
Sorry but you are wrong, check again...

Baseball America #1 over Longoria, Chamberlain, Buccholtz, and Rasmus.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...08/265655.html

Minor League baseball #1 over the same guys

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...s/top50/y2008/

Baseball prospectus #1

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=7092
Old 03-26-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I must be going bat **** crazy because I don't remember Bruce being #1 overall. I thought he was Top 10 but don't remember that high.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Was Bruce ever this complete of a hitter? If he takes on the right approach and attitude toward his craft, and baseball probably just as much any other sport is all about a player's craft, then there is no telling how far his natural abilities can take him. He's certainly got some of Pujols' qualities, the rest is up to him.
I'm not saying Bruce is better, I actually like Heyward better. I am just saying, these top OF prospects are a dime a dozen, there is a new Jason Heyward each year, this year it's Heyward, next year it will be Mike Stanton, in 08 it was Bruce, then there was Justin Upton, Bryce Harper will eventually be up there as well, the list goes on and on.

Find me a Catcher that put up the numbers Wieters put up in the minors, and one that profiles to be the hitter Wieters is while playing above average defense behind the plate, and calling a mean game. They don't come around that often, and if you think I'm just being a homer go read tom verduccis article in sports illustrated and it will put what I am saying into perspective.

That is the reason that as a prospect Matt Wieters > Jason Heyward, it's all about the position the production is coming from.

Last edited by ccB : 03-26-2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

You don't think Harper will stick at catcher?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think he can, but if I were to bet I think he ends up an OF.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Catcher > OF

Also, be careful because Heyward has the same hype Jay Bruce had. Not saying he's gonna have the same downfalls, but the hype is similar, heck I think Bruce had more hype.
Always...

Catching holds higher value than OF since it is rare to have high productive offense from catcher. OF, on other hand, has plenty of players that have more than enough production at plate. One bad category means another OF is better out of sudden.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If he does not stick at catcher then he wont be number one this June unless it is AL team that holds number one selection. Simple.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

CCB, I was evaluating from a pure #'s perspective of the kind of potential to produce that Heyward has, even as early as this season. He could realistically become a 25/15 .300 hitter this year. If I'm starting an organization there is no question I'm picking Wieters ahead of him, and I also understand the special talent he is when everything else is factored into it.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If he does not stick at catcher then he wont be number one this June unless it is AL team that holds number one selection. Simple.
There's already rumors of Bryce having a Porcello-like fall because he is represented by Boras and has such high demands. I'd like to think if he fell past the Nats, and Buccos, the O's wouldn't hesitate selecting him with the 3rd pick, but that's not guaranteed. It will be an interesting story to follow heading into June.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:14 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I forgot to mention that Heyward is just 20 years old. How could I forget??
Old 03-26-2010, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
CCB, I was evaluating from a pure #'s perspective of the kind of potential to produce that Heyward has, even as early as this season. He could realistically become a 25/15 .300 hitter this year. If I'm starting an organization there is no question I'm picking Wieters ahead of him, and I also understand the special talent he is when everything else is factored into it.
I understand that completely, I expect Heywards #'s to be better in his rookie year than Wieters as well for a couple reason. 1. He's gonna start the year with the big league club, Wieters didn't get called up til late May, and 2. He should have a more carefree year because he doesn't have to worry about scouting hitters, knowing what pitches to call, knowing what his pitchers are capable of doing, and all the other eccentricities of being a major league catcher (Wieters did not call pitches at Ga Tech so that part of his game is new)

I don't want to make it seem like I'm poo-pooing on the Heyward parade because I really like Heyward a lot. I wanted the O's to select him with the #5 pick in that draft that year,mostly because I didn't think there was a chance in hell Wieters would fall that far (LOL @ Moskos going ahead of him, sorry hines ;) ) so I see what everyone else sees in Heyward, IMO the only OF-er in the game with more potential is Justin Upton (and adam jones coughomercough ;) )

Last edited by ccB : 03-26-2010 at 12:25 PM.