Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-29-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
There are probably about 15 OF's in the AL that I would take over Gardner just thinking about it quickly.
Name the 15. Just curious who you come up with...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Btw, this Utley/Polanco to the DL thing is a killer for the Phillies. They were just getting momentum back with Rollins healthy, and now they have to reshuffle their lineup again. It just puts more pressure on Ibanez to not suck. This is not a positive step. However, the presence of the All Star Break to prevent them from missing too many games is a positive. The timing is just awful.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the All Star Game is a joke and the way rosters are selected are even worse but for some reason I work myself up about it every year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well that's mainly because the injuries started piling up at the turn of the century.
The roids really did a number on his bone structure.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know some of these guys are starting but in no particular order:

Hamilton, Ichiro, Rios, Crawford, Wells, Choo, Magglio, Swisher, Dejesus, Markakis, Hunter, Boesch is a quick list.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I know the All Star Game is a joke and the way rosters are selected are even worse but for some reason I work myself up about it every year.
It's because everyone knows it's an absolute joke, and yet it still determines which team gets more home games in the World Series.

While I no longer get worked up about it because I know people in general are morons, it's still ridiculous that that concept is still being utilized. I don't understand how anyone thinks it's a good idea, let alone someone that is supposed to have as much baseball knowledge and experience as to set the rules for the league.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Utley is the most injury prone elite player of the decade.
Yeah really. It's frustrating to no avail. It all started with ******* John Lannan. Not to be used as a verb.

It's terrible timing, it looks like Dobbs is probably going to be the one coming up along with...Brian Bocock.

Gotta think something else besides the thumb is acting up for Chase. His hip worries me. J-Roll is going to have to step up along with the rest of the team.

This is reminding me of the Mets last year. Bastardo, Happ, Madson, Utley, Polanco on DL with Rollins on it for an extended amount of time. Just can't stay healthy, at least they are still in the race.

Nice to see Brian Schlitter make his big league debut for Chicago, former Phils farmhand and Law has Dom Brown and Jarred Cosart in the top-25 too.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
It's because everyone knows it's an absolute joke, and yet it still determines which team gets more home games in the World Series.
The World Series home games is why I think Girardi wants to take Gardner. If it was straight exibition I doubt he would take him. But someone like Brett offers more off the bench late in the game than some of those other more powerful corner OFs. Especially since you'll already have some players like that on the bench anyway.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The World Series home games is why I think Girardi wants to take Gardner. If it was straight exibition I doubt he would take him. But someone like Brett offers more off the bench late in the game than some of those other more powerful corner OFs. Especially since you'll already have some players like that on the bench anyway.
If Gardner makes it over Boesch it would be a joke.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
If Gardner makes it over Boesch it would be a joke.
I don't care if its a joke or not. I want to win and get home field advantage. Can Boesch help the team win more than Gardner if they are both coming off the bench? I certainly wouldn't want Boesch in the field any of the last few innings in the game.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't care if its a joke or not. I want to win and get home field advantage. Can Boesch help the team win more than Gardner if they are both coming off the bench? I certainly wouldn't want Boesch in the field any of the last few innings in the game.
Girardi isn't going to manage the game every year. For the sake of future Yankee player selections I hope he makes the appropriate choices.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Boesch may not be better off in the field but I'd rather him at bat in a big spot. You can use Crawford for a late game OF and keep Ichiro in the whole game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Girardi isn't going to manage the game every year. For the sake of future Yankee player selections I hope he makes the appropriate choices.
Realistically he only gets to make 4 or 5 choices.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Also I'd take Austin Jackson over Gardner. His defense is elite.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boesch has a canon arm. You shouldn't be too worried about him in the field.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because someone has a cannon arm, doesn't mean he's a good defender.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Boesch has a canon arm. You shouldn't be too worried about him in the field.
Alfi Soriano has a pretty ridiculously strong and accurate arm that throws out people all the time. Doesn't mean he's even a decent fielder or should be in the field late in games.

That said, I have no idea what Boesch is like actually in the field.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Alfi Soriano has a pretty ridiculously strong and accurate arm that throws out people all the time. Doesn't mean he's even a decent fielder or should be in the field late in games.

That said, I have no idea what Boesch is like actually in the field.
He's not a liability. He's pretty fast and can run down a lot of fly balls.

Basically what I am saying is that Boesch is the second coming of the messiah.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boesch is average in the field, not good nor a liability.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Just because someone has a cannon arm, doesn't mean he's a good defender.
Basically defined Justin Upton when he was 19/20, he has become a lot better knowing when to use it and when to throw to the cut off man, but before he would try to throw everyone out, pretty rare for anyone to even try advancing on him now

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edwin Rodriguez will be the Marlins manager for the rest of the year.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a SS so bad. Ugh.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You can have Cale Iorg.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pass.
We need to acquire one before the deadline.
Preferably one who can hit leadoff.

And Joey Votto gets all the love I can give for someone from Canada

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Wilson Valdez for Aroldis Chapman

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote