Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-03-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Dan Uggla can be that guy, and I'll be okay with it.
Hanley, Josh Johnson, and Uggla for Rick Porcello, Jacob Turner, Daniel Fields, Ryan Strieby, Scott Sizemore, Ryan Perry, and Danny Worth.

Who could say no?
Old 07-03-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Marlins could easily say no. If Josh Johnson played for a bigger market people would be talking about him in the conversation of best pitcher in baseball and Hanley has been the best SS in the league for a few years now.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Porcello, Schlereth, Perry, Crosby, Turner, Soto, Sizemore, Oliver, Strieby, Fields and a PTBNL for Johnson, Uggla and Hanley it is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So Porcello, Schlereth, Perry, Crosby, Turner, Soto, Sizemore, Oliver, Strieby, Fields and a PTBNL for Johnson, Uggla and Hanley it is.
Boesch for Josh Johnson, Dan Uggla, Hanley Ramirez
Old 07-03-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is that fair to the Tigers? Maybe if they threw in Mike Stanton, Logan Morrison and Matt Dominguez, I'd consider.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell if Kyle Kendrick faced the Yankees and Pirates in every start, he'd be rather decent in MLB. He may be the first AAAAMLB player.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Boesch for Josh Johnson, Dan Uggla, Hanley Ramirez
Can't give up Boesch for that. He's the next Babe Ruth. We'd need at least a fourth All-Star caliber player in return.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Can't give up Boesch for that. He's the next Babe Ruth. We'd need at least a fourth All-Star caliber player in return.
The great boeschbino.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Rly? Maybe you are sensitive to your team but this thread is a cauldron overflowing with bitching about *insert team*. Go back to your rainbows and never ending hot fudge sundaes. Carpenter should not blow a start at home like this, its all good thought right as long as he had fun?
Carpenter is 77-26 as a Cardinal. The only pitchers with a better record than that through there first 102 decisions in mlb history has been Pedro Martinez and CY Young.

One bad outing and your ready to release him. Go **** a goat.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time, this is the same dude who was talking crap on Albert Pujols.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Chen is perfect through 6 innings.

This is just getting weird now.
Old 07-03-2010, 10:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

And Jim Joyce is at first base...
Old 07-03-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Carpenter is 77-26 as a Cardinal. The only pitchers with a better record than that through there first 102 decisions in mlb history has been Pedro Martinez and CY Young.

One bad outing and your ready to release him. Go **** a goat.

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time, this is the same dude who was talking crap on Albert Pujols.
O rly i forgot where i said that? I didn't know it was irrational for a fan to be to be mad when their team loses. An ya i will talk **** about Pujols. He is having a bad year right now. Thought this was the year he would get the triple crown. All of his offensive stats are down a significant enough amount from this time last year. Batting average is down .26, OBP down .41, HR's down 12, RBI's down pretty much everything down. His batting avg. and OB% are at the lowest they have been at this time in years.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
O rly i forgot where i said that? I didn't know it was irrational for a fan to be to be mad when their team loses. An ya i will talk **** about Pujols. He is having a bad year right now. Thought this was the year he would get the triple crown. All of his offensive stats are down a significant enough amount from this time last year. Batting average is down .26, OBP down .41, HR's down 12, RBI's down pretty much everything down. His batting avg. and OB% are at the lowest they have been at this time in years.
Yah, they're down for him...but they're still above average. It's not like he's hitting .240 or something he's still over .300 and he's top 5 in both HRs and RBIs. I think you're confusing a down year with a bad year.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Yah, they're down for him...but they're still above average. It's not like he's hitting .240 or something he's still over .300 and he's top 5 in both HRs and RBIs. I think you're confusing a down year with a bad year.

It's almost like you're saying that it's unreasonable to expect him to put up 1.000 + OPS seasons every year until he retires.
Old 07-04-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's still the front runner for League MVP. Would be his 4th.

didn't know being on pace for 40 HRs and 121 RBIs was considered a "bad" year.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:01 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's still the front runner for League MVP. Would be his 4th.

didn't know being on pace for 40 HRs and 121 RBIs was considered a "bad" year.
When you grew up watching baseball in the steroid era, which I assume Bob has, those numbers are bad.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:04 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
When you grew up watching baseball in the steroid era, which I assume Bob has, those numbers are bad.
I assume Bob is a Cubs fan trying to stir ****.
Old 07-04-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade him to my team...I'll find a roster spot for him on my team. I'll have him batting DH for thr Tigers! BSDL, Pujols is a beast unlike many out there.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When you put up the numbers that Pujols does, you're allowed to have a 2007-like season once every three years.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I assume Bob is a Cubs fan trying to stir ****.
Now that is just going to far. Way below the belt to think that.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Star teams are being announced at 12 on TBS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A.L. Starters:

C Joe Mauer
1B Justin Morneau
2B Robinson Cano
3B Evan Longoria
SS Derek Jeter
OF Ichiro Suzuki
OF Josh Hamilton
OF Carl Crawford
DH Vladimir Guerrero

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2010, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

N.L. Starters:

C Yadier Molina
1B Albert Pujols
2B Chase Utley(Martin Prado)
3B David Wright
SS Hanley Ramirez
OF Ryan Braun
OF Jason Heyward
OF Andre Ethier

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Omar ******* Infante
Old 07-04-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kind of upset that Cutch didn't get in, but Meek deserved it.