Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-26-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I like Bentz a lot. I love his bat and he could fill in as our future 1B. I like that LSU pitcher, but he's hurt and I am tired of grabbing damaged goods in the draft. Drew Pomeranz and Christian Colon are two other guys I can see the Pirates considering.
Ranaudo is back this weekend, so he should be making his start tonight. Hes only going 3 innings though so it is a controlled outing. He will be fine. It was just soreness so it wasnt anything serious. He will be the best collegiate arm in the draft when its time.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll be the best but for whatever reason I see him busting. It's really just a gut thing but I definitely see it happening.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
There's already rumors of Bryce having a Porcello-like fall because he is represented by Boras and has such high demands. I'd like to think if he fell past the Nats, and Buccos, the O's wouldn't hesitate selecting him with the 3rd pick, but that's not guaranteed. It will be an interesting story to follow heading into June.
no way do we pass on Harper if there.we've taken other Boras clients so don't see why we'd pass on Harper
Old 03-26-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He'll be the best but for whatever reason I see him busting. It's really just a gut thing but I definitely see it happening.
I dont really see Ranaudo busting, i dont think hes on the same level as Price or Strasburg but he will be a solid pitcher in the bigs.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also pray Tony Thompson 3B from KU falls to KC in the 2nd
Old 03-26-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I dont really see Ranaudo busting, i dont think hes on the same level as Price or Strasburg but he will be a solid pitcher in the bigs.
Well if he turns out to be a #5 he's a bust.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Well if he turns out to be a #5 he's a bust.
Im not saying hes going to be a 5. Guys like Price and Strasburg are their teams future number 1's. Ranaudo could be a 1, but wouldnt surprise me if ended up being a 2.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Im not saying hes going to be a 5. Guys like Price and Strasburg are their teams future number 1's. Ranaudo could be a 1, but wouldnt surprise me if ended up being a 2.
That's my point. No way he turns out to be a 1 or 2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
That's my point. No way he turns out to be a 1 or 2.
What do you base that off of?
Old 03-26-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
What do you base that off of?
A lot of it is gut feeling but I don't think his stuff is that good either. The injury even though they say they are being safe scares me as well. Last I dont see him having any upside which doesn't interest me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A lot of it is gut feeling but I don't think his stuff is that good either. The injury even though they say they are being safe scares me as well. Last I dont see him having any upside which doesn't interest me.

yeah... 6 7 height with 85 mph FB... terrbile. lol.

I dont have the same expectation as yours but all I care is durable and service. It can be number one or #3 or even #4. As long as, he signs no MLB contract out of college he will be a solid pick. My beef on him is his elbow even though it is easily repairable comparing to shoulder bum. Any team would be that lucky to have the MRI on his elbow in hands prior to the draft. Also, curveball is his butter and bread so elbow becomes a serious issue for my liking.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
no way do we pass on Harper if there.we've taken other Boras clients so don't see why we'd pass on Harper
Believe me, I'd like to think the O's wouldn't pass him up either but this is a rumor that is going around.
Old 03-27-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
yeah... 6 7 height with 85 mph FB... terrbile. lol.

I dont have the same expectation as yours but all I care is durable and service. It can be number one or #3 or even #4. As long as, he signs no MLB contract out of college he will be a solid pick. My beef on him is his elbow even though it is easily repairable comparing to shoulder bum. Any team would be that lucky to have the MRI on his elbow in hands prior to the draft. Also, curveball is his butter and bread so elbow becomes a serious issue for my liking.
85 mph fast ball?

are you high?
Old 03-27-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woah Jamie Moyer is 47? 6+ innings for the Phillies 0 runs allowed today...He should have a decent season if he can avoid those death panels.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Woah Jamie Moyer is 47? 6+ innings for the Phillies 0 runs allowed today...He should have a decent season if he can avoid those death panels.
Spring Training. Moyer was god awful last year, and can only get worse.

He's a 5 FIP guy with flyball tendencies.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Believe me, I'd like to think the O's wouldn't pass him up either but this is a rumor that is going around.
If the scouts think he's truly 2 or 3 tiers ahead as a player over the rest of the field, money won't be an issue. A guy like Porcello only falls because he's rated at around the same talent level as everyone else, but a lot more expensive.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:50 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't been paying attention baseball yet. Anyone want to give me a fantasy sleeper of someone that had a bad year last year and is looking to rebound this season?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I haven't been paying attention baseball yet. Anyone want to give me a fantasy sleeper of someone that had a bad year last year and is looking to rebound this season?
Playing homer...

Glaus and Laroche are two to watch.

Glaus will be hitting in the middle of a potent Braves lineup and should have 3B eligibility in most leagues. If he stays healthy, 30+ HRs isnt out of the realm of possibility. It's hard to predict what kind of power he has right now but, he can certainly surprise and he's going to have plenty of chances with the Braves supporting cast.

I think Laroche is poised to "break out". He's always an excellent 2nd half hitter, and he was a terror for the Braves last year. He seems very committed to putting his slow starts to an end. If he can play as well in the first half, as he does in the second, he would be a great fantasy play. Anyway, he's in an offensive friendly ball park, that is very kind to left handers. Like Glaus, he should be hitting in the middle of a solid lineup, in a great ball park. Should be his best offensive season ever. I could see him having a year comparable to that of Kendry Morale's last season, with a lower average.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:46 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Kyle Blanks, Troy Glaus, Brad Penny, Geovany Soto, David Freese
Old 03-27-2010, 08:00 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
If the scouts think he's truly 2 or 3 tiers ahead as a player over the rest of the field, money won't be an issue. A guy like Porcello only falls because he's rated at around the same talent level as everyone else, but a lot more expensive.
Porcello was the 2nd best prospect in that class at the time, and he was not at the same talent level as everyone else.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
one hit in 6.2 and that only hit belonged to Thames. That is how Thames wins the 25 man spot. ha.
Old 03-27-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

2007 draft. http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/...afttracker.jsp

Many good prospects in that first round but Porcello was top prep arm.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I still wish we'd have taken Porcello over Moose Tacos
Old 03-27-2010, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wished the Pirates took Weiters over Moskos.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I wish Porcello fell further down to Yankees' pick.