Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Am I a dick if I chuckled a little bit when reading this? Glad she is ok, though.

You probably should have just left that sig to the Steelers and Penguins.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
haha, I was just going to say that. Made me laugh out loud. Although, honestly, I do want the Pirates to be good simply because they are one of the few pro sports teams that I've never seen be any good in my lifetime.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I support ALL my teams. No matter how bad they are.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I support ALL my teams. No matter how bad they are.
I don't think he was saying you didn't, but the "City of Champions" slogan doesn't really apply to the Bucs
Old 03-31-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I don't think he was saying you didn't, but the "City of Champions" slogan doesn't really apply to the Bucs
Back in the day they were!
Old 03-31-2010, 04:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Denard Span hit his mom with a foul line drive today and she was taken from the game with a chest injury. She's fine now, but seriously, what are the odds?
I demand some fantasy points for this.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39915

I started one last NFLDC Fantasy League if anyone wants to join. Live draft this weekend sometime.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This fantasy baseball thread doesn't get enough love so I am going to post this here.

I recieve:

Kung- Fu Panda

I give up:

BJ Upton
Brian Matusz

It is the first year of a Keeper league. Standard 5x5 roto

My team:

C-Yadier Molina
1B-Carlos Pena
2B-Brandon Phillips
SS-Jose Reyes
3B-Michael Young
LF-Adam Dunn
CF-BJ Upton
RF- Matt Kemp
UTIL- Dexter Fowler
BN- Buster Posey
BN- Travis Snider

SP- Felix
SP-Johan
SP-Matusz
RP-Papelbon
RP-Bailey
SP-Oswalt
SP-Sanchez
DL-Joe Nathan(took him last year and stashing him on my DL)

You keep 10 out of 20 players
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like that trade at all.
Old 03-31-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Wouldn't do that deal
Old 03-31-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any reasoning or counteroffers would be appreciated
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
I'd say there isn't much difference in value between Upton and Sandoval. You don't seem to need power any more than steals, and Matusz is a potential rookie of the year (and its a keeper league).
Old 03-31-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
Sandoval / Snider is not a significant enough upgrade over Young / Upton to lose Brian Matusz in a keeper league.

Based on 2010 projections, with the former you are probably looking at a combined .300 AVG, 45 HR, 165 RBI, 150 R, 7 SB while the latter will net you about .285 AVG, 30 HR, 145 RBI, 165 R, 45 SB. Although you're passing up the opportunity to improve on three stats (RBI is really hard to judge though), you still keep a HUGE advantage in stolen bases and an advantage in runs while keeping one of the better young arms in the game. Matusz is projected for between 80-130 K's and 5-10 wins (with respectable ERA and WHIP), depending on innings pitched.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You think Young and Upton will get those numbers or Sandoval/Snider?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Julio Lugo to Baltimore. Doesn't say who Baltimore is sending. Probably not much, if that.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing Upton hurt big. Sandoval is a good acquisition because he is a decent backup to Young and Pena. Fowler can be better than Upton as your starting CF if he manages to steal more than 30 SB annually. Fowler at Coors helps lot for power categories.

Brian Matusz is unproven but young. I dont usually chase young southpaws because it is too darn inconsistent to count on during first 3 years of their service time.

If Upton rebounds back and Matusz pitches fairly well then you will get jacked. Otherwise, you will have to pay attention on SB department because your lineup will get killed by frequent strikeouts which may hurt your average and home run for most of days per week. Reyes is a risky factor right now since you dont have any promising SS to replace Reyes this year.

I would not trade Upton away right before this season begins but hey, it is the first year. Good Luck and Have a fun....
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Julio Lugo to Baltimore. Doesn't say who Baltimore is sending. Probably not much, if that.
it would be hilarious if they dumped Andino. Having Lugo makes sense. Roberts is not ready.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
it would be hilarious if they dumped Andino. Having Lugo makes sense. Roberts is not ready.
Roberts isn't ready for what, exactly?

What?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

What?
I dont know.. oh yeah, he is not ready.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
I dont know.. oh yeah, he is not ready.
What the hell are you speaking of? Do you not realize that Brian Roberts is an all star 2nd baseman?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

What?
His back is still troublesome, must be from knowing he doesn't have to do it all anymore :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely forgot about Roberts back injury. Oh well, Wieters can pull double duty at catcher and 2nd.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

herniated disc and his playing style means a big risk. Roberts has looked so far but it is only a fewer than 5 games.

anyways, there are few milestones for Yankees this year.

Arod- 17 away from 600 HR. * or not.

Posada- 12 away from 1500 hits, 8 away from 350 doubles, 7 away from 250 HR. if done, 5th catcher ever.

Jeter- 275 away from 4000 times on base. 41st player if done.

Sabathia- 14 away from 150 career wins.

Teixeria- 8 away from 250 HR.

what is another team' milestones?
Old 04-01-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two questions:

Is there cause for concern with Wandy's terrible spring?

Is Julio Borbon too legit to quit?
Old 04-02-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The opening day cleanup hitter for the New York Mets... Mike Jacobs. Yes, the god awful baseball player that couldn't even cut it with the Royals. That's the one.