Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-28-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Right get over yourself tool, you're not the fanhood police. I still love my team and because of that love of them I can absolutely ***** about them. You never went through the trials and tribulations that I have as an O's fan so until you do SHUT THE **** UP!!!!! OH NOES!!! I made a couple of posts about the Rangers on an internet message board................. Peter Angelos will ban me from Camden Yards........
Listen dawg, if I can make it through 2007 you can make it through this.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its all in jest you clown. Whatever I do not have to explain or defend myself to some idiot kid on an internet forum who doesn't have a clue to who I am. Best of luck trying to catch Atlanta
For some one who doesn't have to explain themselves, you really did a half ass job doing so until giving up. Is there any more to it other than the Orioles sucking and you picking the least popular first place team in the AL? I'm genuinely curious.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least in Pujols' case, he's not guilty of a sudden power explosion like A-Rod was. Pujols has always sat between 32 and 49 homers during his career and was hitting like that the moment he was called up. Who knows how he got so good at that age (for that matter, who knows how the Cardinals try-out was the third he had after being passed over by two other teams), so there's definitely space to wonder, but he's never been purely power and he never seen a suspicious leap at the major league level.

A-Rod, on the other hand, has a homer total ranging from 23 to 57. Granted, his first power leap took place when he started playing in Arlington's warm summers and smallish stadium, but there's a lot more to point at with Rodriguez.

I know it's easy, but I don't think we should just assume that anyone who is good at hitting is on steroids. I would venture that a lot of what most baseball players do (legally or illegally) would constitute a PED and that the line there is pretty abstract, but we don't gain much by throwing people under the bus before we ever have a whif of wrongdoing.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Listen dawg, if I can make it through 2007 you can make it through this.
Really? 2007? Have you no clue to any history other then the Rays? The O's are on pace to equal or worsen their 1988 season? Its bad enough I dealt with that and now its happening again.

Regardless of any of that, ITS A JOKE JESUS ******* CHRIST! I'm buds with D-Unit and the Rangers are his team, so I said I'd jump on their bandwagon. For the love of anything, move on with your lives

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
At least in Pujols' case, he's not guilty of a sudden power explosion like A-Rod was. Pujols has always sat between 32 and 49 homers during his career and was hitting like that the moment he was called up. Who knows how he got so good at that age (for that matter, who knows how the Cardinals try-out was the third he had after being passed over by two other teams), so there's definitely space to wonder, but he's never been purely power and he never seen a suspicious leap at the major league level.

A-Rod, on the other hand, has a homer total ranging from 23 to 57. Granted, his first power leap took place when he started playing in Arlington's warm summers and smallish stadium, but there's a lot more to point at with Rodriguez.

I know it's easy, but I don't think we should just assume that anyone who is good at hitting is on steroids. I would venture that a lot of what most baseball players do (legally or illegally) would constitute a PED and that the line there is pretty abstract, but we don't gain much by throwing people under the bus before we ever have a whif of wrongdoing.
But Pujols did basically come out of nowhere. He never had the power boost in the majors that A-Rod did, but he never was considered nearly the prospect A-Rod was. His greatness was never expected.

Also someone Pujols used to train with or work out with in the KC area has been linked to steroids. But that never gets brought up. I'll work on a link, it was a few years ago.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Hines jump on a bandwagon?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Detroit_Tigers_season

And I'm a Lions fan.

I don't want to hear you go on about the "trials and tribulations" of the Orioles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I may accept you on the Yankees bandwagon. I have to consider. You have enough AAAA Yankee farmhands on your team that you might automatically qualify.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Domonic Brown to be promoted today.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
dogthebountyhunter
Rookie

dogthebountyhunter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Wearing #9. Will probably bat sixth behind Werth.
dogthebountyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yup, really happy about this. I thought for sure they'd bring up John Mayberry and hold off calling up Brown. Brown sometimes takes awkward routes to balls but he's such a great athlete he gets them. I am still thrilled.

Now I can eagerly await Jarred Cosart and Brody Colvin.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Yup, really happy about this. I thought for sure they'd bring up John Mayberry and hold off calling up Brown. Brown sometimes takes awkward routes to balls but he's such a great athlete he gets them. I am still thrilled.

Now I can eagerly await Jarred Cosart and Brody Colvin.
Has he been playing CF or RF in the minors? I'd imagine Werth will play CF and Brown RF tonight.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Has he been playing CF or RF in the minors? I'd imagine Werth will play CF and Brown RF tonight.
He *can* (or has) play(ed) CF but he's a RF (though moonlighted in LF) so that's probably right.

I think the only true CF prospects the Phillies have are Anthony Gose and Tyson Gillies.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't the fashion I expected him up but I'm anxious to see what the kid's got.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
OMG! Someone who gets my joke....................

Seriously you guys need to let it die

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OMG! Someone who gets my joke....................

Seriously you guys need to let it die
Sorry, that is one of the perks of becoming a bandwagon fan. You get called out on it all the time!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

You will always be reminded.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I may accept you on the Yankees bandwagon. I have to consider. You have enough AAAA Yankee farmhands on your team that you might automatically qualify.
I hate the Yankees.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought BigDawg was an Orioles fan?

Last edited by djp : 07-28-2010 at 03:19 PM.
djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL @ the people saying BigDawg can't cheer for the Rangers.

BigDawg is now a Rangers fan. Deal with it.

He ain't front runnin' at all! The Rangers are big time heart breakers and always will be! He doesn't know what he's getting himself into. haha. They just gave away Smoak for a rental in Cliff Lee for crying out loud!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

We aren't saying he can't be a Rangers fan, we are just mocking him for it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-28-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
I thought BigDawg was an Orioles fan?
I am, but apparently everyone just picks and chooses what they read and remember so now I must not be because GOD FORBID I be frustrated as a fan and make a joke and then follow up on that joke.

But whatever, have your fun....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 07-28-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Borat started the Rangers Bandwagon. BigDawg is welcome aboard. I'd post a picture of the bus, but I'm at work.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like I'm being redundant, but Delmon Young is (still) absolutely destroying the ball right now.
Old 07-28-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

40 hits, 25 RBI, 1.175 OPS, .430 BA in July