Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-30-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are the Jays buying? Why are they buying Mike Jacobs?
Old 07-30-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, DBacks:

Sent
Max Scherzer
Daniel Schlereth
Chris Carter
Brett Anderson
Carlos Gonzalez
Aaaron Cunningham
Dana Eveland
Greg Smith

Received
Ian Kennedy
Dan Hudson
David Holmberg
Joe Saunders
Pat Corbin
Rafael Rodriguez
Tyler Skaggs
Conner Robertson
Old 07-30-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's pretty laughable.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Saw this and wanted to share...

http://www.birdland.bigcartel.com/product/roys-r-us

HIL-arious!
that's actually pretty cool.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...an-guzman.html
Rangers acquire Guzman from Nats

Molina
Cantu
Lee
Guzman

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Christian Guzman to BigDawg's Rangers to recreate orioles magic for him.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...an-guzman.html
Rangers acquire Guzman from Nats

Molina
Cantu
Lee
Guzman
I really like the consistent bat of Guzman. This is great news! We don't even have to pay for him. LOL. ....makes me scared to know who the prospects are.

For Cantu, they gave up Omar Poveda and Evan Reed. 2 guys that weren't amounting to much, but Cantu ain't all that either. Damn I can't believe Chris Davis is so bad. We should've traded him while he still had some value.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guzman will really thrive in that Ranger lineup. He just has to play great defense for them.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTF are the Chi Sox doing? Hudson's going to be a stud. Please don't make any trades Sabean. You're too stupid and dumb GMs are getting ******* slaughtered this trade deadline.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not like the Capps trade, but Ramos has been HORRIBLE in AAA this year, his value is not as high as it once was.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Edwin Jackson and Cliff Lee are mercenaries. I think its Jackson's fourth time traded and Lee's third.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-0...-mlb-team.html

I can't wait until Mark Cuban buys the Rangers!!! With no salary cap... Hallelujah Hollah Back!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2011 Phillies have 15 players under contract for $134M. Holy ****. And they have Hamels and Rollins as FA the following offseason. That ought to be interesting to see them maneuver around that figure.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
2011 Phillies have 15 players under contract for $134M. Holy ****. And they have Hamels and Rollins as FA the following offseason. That ought to be interesting to see them maneuver around that figure.
Amaro has shown himself to be awful at managing payroll.
Old 07-30-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's look at it logically. After this year, Werth and his $9mm salary are gone. He is replaced with a prospect, Dom Brown, who is a monster bargain for several years. Jamie Moyer and his $7mm (I think) salary are now gone. That’s basically $15.5mm saved in those salaries, which covers Oswalt for 2011. The Phillies have their rotation set with Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels, Blanton, and Kendrick, or they could go get someone if they really want to. The bullpen is pretty much set with Romero, Madson, and Lidge. Their starting lineup (Ruiz, Howard, Utley, Rollins, Polanco, Ibanez, Victorino, and Brown) is already under contract. Depth can be had.

There are several players in their walk years in 2011: Hamels, Rollins, Ibanez, Lidge, Blanton, and Oswalt (at the very least). You can almost guarantee that Ibanez won’t be back, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if Oswalt also left. Blanton is replacable, and Lidge is likely to be gone if he doesn’t replicate his 2008. For the record, I’m hoping that a normal Lidge offseason, free of surgery rehab, will be good for him. Either way, closers can be found and/or developed.

So after 2011, Hamels, Rollins, Ibanez, Lidge, Blanton, and Oswalt come off the books. I would expect Hamels and Rollins to be resigned/extended at some point. Assume Rollins will be a Phillie for life, or at least through 2015. I don’t expect Rollins to make much more per year than he does now, so there’s no real mismanagement of payroll to expect. I don’t mind losing Lidge. There is actually a nice RP FA class in 2012 (Bell, Broxton, Capps, Cordero, Fuentes, Nathan, K-Rod, Valverde, Franklin).

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_yl...quired20100730

Rangers tried to get Josh Johnson by offering their top 3 prospects...

By my guess, they were offering Martin Perez, Tanner Scheppers and Robbie Ross or Wilmer Font. If that's the case, I would kill Jon Daniels. I don't care if it were for Josh Johnson. That's rape.

I think the Rangers are making an effort that is unnecessary. They're throwing the farm away. Losing Michael Main for Benji Molina is a joke.

Losing Blake Beavan in the Seattle trade is more than fine. His fast ball sat at 97mph when he was drafted, but it's down to 92mph these days. Losing Smoak will really hurt though if Lee departs. I'm hoping there is still a way to keep him, but I know the likelihood is that he's gone.

Alexi Ogando better not go anywhere. He's doing great in the pen.

Wilmer Font better not go anywhere. He's the next Neftali Feliz of the system.

These are scary times for Rangers fans... Molina, Cantu, Guzman... I wouldn't exactly call them championship pieces.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Wilmer Font better not go anywhere. He's the next Neftali Feliz of the system.
So they're going to **** up his potential by making him a reliever instead of a starter as well?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Berkman likely headed to Yanks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-30-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Berkman could be on his way to the Yanks.

Padres, Mets, and Dodgers seem to be trying to get Maholm.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Let's look at it logically. After this year, Werth and his $9mm salary are gone. He is replaced with a prospect, Dom Brown, who is a monster bargain for several years. Jamie Moyer and his $7mm (I think) salary are now gone. Thatís basically $15.5mm saved in those salaries, which covers Oswalt for 2011. The Phillies have their rotation set with Halladay, Oswalt, Hamels, Blanton, and Kendrick, or they could go get someone if they really want to. The bullpen is pretty much set with Romero, Madson, and Lidge. Their starting lineup (Ruiz, Howard, Utley, Rollins, Polanco, Ibanez, Victorino, and Brown) is already under contract. Depth can be had.

There are several players in their walk years in 2011: Hamels, Rollins, Ibanez, Lidge, Blanton, and Oswalt (at the very least). You can almost guarantee that Ibanez wonít be back, and I wouldnít be at all surprised if Oswalt also left. Blanton is replacable, and Lidge is likely to be gone if he doesnít replicate his 2008. For the record, Iím hoping that a normal Lidge offseason, free of surgery rehab, will be good for him. Either way, closers can be found and/or developed.

So after 2011, Hamels, Rollins, Ibanez, Lidge, Blanton, and Oswalt come off the books. I would expect Hamels and Rollins to be resigned/extended at some point. Assume Rollins will be a Phillie for life, or at least through 2015. I donít expect Rollins to make much more per year than he does now, so thereís no real mismanagement of payroll to expect. I donít mind losing Lidge. There is actually a nice RP FA class in 2012 (Bell, Broxton, Capps, Cordero, Fuentes, Nathan, K-Rod, Valverde, Franklin).
Yup and the Phillies have plenty of cheap options in AAA (Zagurski, Mathieson, Bastardo-if ever healthy) and Schwimer who could be brought up to contribute if needed.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
So they're going to **** up his potential by making him a reliever instead of a starter as well?
I think Feliz is going to be made a starter eventually. Font won't be ready until 2013.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
These are scary times for Rangers fans... Molina, Cantu, Guzman... I wouldn't exactly call them championship pieces.
No, but they are necessary depth. Molina provides a catcher with experience, instead of Teagarden. Cantu is better than Arias. I don't know what you expected them to do, Daniels is trying to bring in more experienced guys to keep that lead in the standings and maintain it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
Yup and the Phillies have plenty of cheap options in AAA (Zagurski, Mathieson, Bastardo-if ever healthy) and Schwimer who could be brought up to contribute if needed.
Right, but it's still $134M and you have to add 10 more players. I just think it will be interesting to watch and see if they try and move some guys or just fill in the final 10 spots with minor leaguers.

Old 07-30-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Whatever, as long as Dunn comes to the rays.
Old 07-30-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Trivia time for the SABR lovers:

What do Josh Hamilton, Justin Morneau, Carl Crawford, Robinson Cano, and Joey Votto have in common?

Answer: