Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-02-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
In his 5 starts the rangers have scored 1,2,3,3, and 1 runs. That's so bizarre.
He is also pitching late into games which helps out the bullpen.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watching Berkman play 1st base makes me appreciate Teixera that much more.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:12 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Pujols
Miguel Cabrera
Chase Utley
Matt Holliday
Zach Grienke
Roy Halladay
Jered Weaver

If you told me I would have all of these guys on my roster August 1st and be in 7th in a money roto league, I would laugh at you. But it's a reality.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
MiWolves
Rookie

MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MiWolves is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Albert Pujols
Miguel Cabrera
Chase Utley
Matt Holliday
Zach Grienke
Roy Halladay
Jered Weaver

If you told me I would have all of these guys on my roster August 1st and be in 7th in a money roto league, I would laugh at you. But it's a reality.
Considering that Greinke, Pujols, and Utley are having a horrible year to their standards. Yes.
MiWolves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Join the MLB Draft in the Fantasy section and build your own team.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Just saw on TV that Hellickson will be making his MLB debut this week.
Tonight versus the mauer-less twins.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Watching Berkman play 1st base makes me appreciate Teixera that much more.
Berkman is a good first baseman.

Tex is just really, really good.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
Tonight versus the mauer-less twins.
Mauer and Morneau-less Twins. But we have won 8 straight, and the Stache is going tonight.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Berkman is a good first baseman.

Tex is just really, really good.
Yeah, Berk is good. He made some odd looking plays last night though.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Mauer and Morneau-less Twins. But we have won 8 straight, and the Stache is going tonight.
Shush, don't ruin helloween for me.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's bound to be at least better than Wade Davis.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brewers extend Corey Hart for 3 years.

$1 million signing bonus.

$6.5 million salary in 2011.

$9 million salary in 2012.

$10 million salary in 2013.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Brewers extend Corey Hart for 3 years.

$1 million signing bonus.

$6.5 million salary in 2011.

$9 million salary in 2012.

$10 million salary in 2013.
This doesn't help their pitching.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-02-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's bound to be at least better than Wade Davis.
Pshh. You love Wade Davis. That's why you won't trade him to me. ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I am doing Buster Posey and Mat Latos for Carlos Gonzalez and Roy Oswalt, thoughts?
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
This doesn't help their pitching.
But they can hit!

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
the fact remains that even if pedroia, martinez, etc. get healthy, we still probably won't beat the yankees even if we do beat out tampa. if paps still had any years left on his deal, this would be a non-issue, but now the team is poised to pay a guy who has slowly declined into mediocrity at the closer position one of the biggest contracts at the position if they want to keep him, which i figure theo will. especially with the possibility of a nightmare scenario where he goes to the yanks. it's also especially aggravating considering the market for relievers this off-season. the nats got wilson ramos for matt ******* capps, can you imagine what the sox could have pulled for paps?

i guess it all depends on your view of boston's playoff chances... i think that they'll be sitting at home in october, so i thought they should have been sellers.
I'm glad the Red Sox haven't done anything. They've stuck with the plan and have been smart in not selling off their farm (which has underperformed this year). They're holding mighty steady and have improved greatly everytime they get someone back from the DL. Standing mostly pat and trying to get in the playoffs with what they've got is the best move for them.

If the Red Sox get into the playoffs (I understand this is a homerific post, but please focus on the key italicized portion), they'll be on a serious hot streak, well rested, and no one can match up with Lester, Bucholz, & Beckett with Lackey and DiceK as their 4 & 5... So, really, if they get in the playoffs with what they've got and whatever farm help comes in, that will mean they're good enough to make a title run. For as crappy as they've seemed at times, only the Yankees have scored more runs. It's just that damned bullpen (they're calling up the youngsters now).

As for Paps, he's been killing them this year, but he's still their 2nd best reliever (the whole closer role is bunk, imo - doesn't matter who closes and who pitches the 8th). If the Theo holds to what he's been doing, he'll let Papelbon walk before he throws a big contract at him. Another thing with Papelbon that I have to give him a little benefit of the doubt with is it seems like he's had serious family issues all year long. Whether you have a regular job, minimum wage, or are just a student, when you have family problems your performance is going to be affected.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Join the MLB Draft in the Fantasy section and build your own team.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

So Jeremy Hellickson is ******* dirty.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think I've ever cared less about a "major" sports story than A-Rod's 600th home run. Call me if he gets to 763.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I friggen hate Luis Castillo so god damn much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I friggen hate Luis Castillo so god damn much.
He has a higher OBP than Ike Davis as a 2nd baseman, so I consider that to be a success.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-02-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All Castillo does is get on base but even that is misleading. He provides absolutely nothing to the game of baseball anymore.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hellickson looks pretty good, but I'm getting a colossal douchebag vibe from him
Old 08-02-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Hellickson looks pretty good, but I'm getting a colossal douchebag vibe from him
Maybe, but AJ Pierzynski was on the Twins once upon a time so...

RIP TheManInBlack