Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joey Votto has some of the best oppage power I've ever seen from a Red. That HR was beast.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
My life as an A's fan just got better. Chris Carter is getting the call up to the majors. This makes me very happy!
Yes! Its happening!
Old 08-09-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from ESPN
In July, Votto hit .362 and slugged .702 (meaning his average base hit was nearly a double).

And if he hits well enough through August, over his short career, September has been his best month. He hit .385 last year during the month.

Votto is the most excited I have been about a single Reds player since Barry back in the day.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

According to ESPN's bottom line, Jim Edmonds was traded to the Reds. I cant find it online though.
Old 08-09-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. We sent Dickerson for Edmonds.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-09-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
from ESPN
In July, Votto hit .362 and slugged .702 (meaning his average base hit was nearly a double).

And if he hits well enough through August, over his short career, September has been his best month. He hit .385 last year during the month.

Votto is the most excited I have been about a single Reds player since Barry back in the day.
Even as a Cubs fan, I love me some Votto. I thought he was awesome going into last year, then bought him in fantasy for $14. What a steal. I'm just glad he was able to overcome his vertigo and subsequent depression problems.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Even as a Cubs fan, I love me some Votto. I thought he was awesome going into last year, then bought him in fantasy for $14. What a steal. I'm just glad he was able to overcome his vertigo and subsequent depression problems.
Very true. He is in line for a big pay raise this up coming off season.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-09-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Votto is having a hell of a season. Damn writers aren't making a big enough deal about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Niemann to the DL.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've taken the 1991 Pirates to four straight titles in my new OOTP thing, so I feel like I've gotten some redemption for Hines.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joyce > Boesch
Old 08-09-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Mike Leake needs the DL. It's obvious now he is wearing out badly.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-09-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...the_chris.html

Quote:
Phillips fouled a ball off his shin Saturday in Chicago and missed Sunday’s game. But he was in Monday’s linekup and said, “I’d play against these guys with one leg. We have to beat these guys. I hate the Cardinals. All they do is - and moan about everything, all of them, they’re little bitches, all of ‘em. I really hate the Cardinals. Compared to the Cardinals, I love the Chicago Cubs. Let me make this clear - I hate the Cardinals
HAHAHAHA Brandon Brandon Brandon.........Shame on you!
Old 08-09-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Leake needs the DL. It's obvious now he is wearing out badly.
Cards are in the same situation with Jaime Garcia.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Cards are in the same situation with Jaime Garcia.
Fortunately for the Reds, we can run out a few decent options as replacements.
Sam LeCure, Matt Maloney, Homer Bailey if he is ready same with Aaron Harang.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-09-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Mike Minor debut posts? I hate you guys. haha. Must be nice starting off your MLB career against the Astros.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Fortunately for the Reds, we can run out a few decent options as replacements.
Sam LeCure, Matt Maloney, Homer Bailey if he is ready same with Aaron Harang.
Those are all atrocious options. Sorry
Old 08-09-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Those are all atrocious options. Sorry
Compared to what the Cards could run out in replace of Garcia....

Maloney - 3.09 ERA on the year in 2 starts. Ill take that from a spot starter.
Lecure - 4.86 ERA in 6 starts. Not great but on a team that can hit like ours can, not shabby.
Bailey - Has looked good in his rehab starts.
Harang - After his horrendous start, was pitching good until the DL stint.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Compared to what the Cards could run out in replace of Garcia....

Maloney - 3.09 ERA on the year in 2 starts. Ill take that from a spot starter.
Lecure - 4.86 ERA in 6 starts. Not great but on a team that can hit like ours can, not shabby.
Bailey - Has looked good in his rehab starts.
Harang - After his horrendous start, was pitching good until the DL stint.
I'd take Kyle Lohse, Blake Hawksworth or if he's healthy Brad Penny over all of those guys.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, how I love Brandon Phillips.

Still kinda confused as to why the Reds traded Chris Dickerson for Jim Edmonds.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Oh, how I love Brandon Phillips.

Still kinda confused as to why the Reds traded Chris Dickerson for Jim Edmonds.
Chris Dickerson = 28 year old Edmonds.....and by Edmonds I mean will spend time on the DL.
He is an athlete trying to be a ball player. At 28, I highly doubt that changes.
Dickerson will always look good in AAA but be mediocre in the bigs.
For some reason, he loses his power and he is limited to CF. With Stubbs and Heisey, he wasn't gonna get play here.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 08-10-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suck it Strasburg. 2R HR for Uggla. :D

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reds-Cards get into it.... Nice, I love to see teams hate each other this much.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Reds-Cards get into it.... Nice, I love to see teams hate each other this much.

Anything good?
Old 08-10-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Anything good?
Cueto was kicking Carpenter in the back while he was pushed up against the fence.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote