Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-03-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Who is playing over their head besides Valencia and I suppose duesing? Guys like Kubel, cuddyer, and span have actually been disappointments this year. Like I said I think you'll win but you're selling us a little short here.
You're entire pitching staff. Maybe the AL Central is just that bad. But wehn I look at that roster. Nothing on it says mid 90 win team to me.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Twins are a much better team than last year, but getting rid of their momentum was a mistake, especially with how badly they pitched in the last two weeks. The worst thing that can happen to them is if the Yanks jump on Liriano early, like yodapoop said.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You're entire pitching staff. Maybe the AL Central is just that bad. But wehn I look at that roster. Nothing on it says mid 90 win team to me.
Entire pitching staff?! Liriano's Era should be about a full run lower and slowey is a better pitcher than he's shown this year. Pavano I'll give you I suppose. Well see. And the AL central is that bad.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I forgot to set my lineups for today so Huddy was on the bench. If I had that W I would have won the 3rd place game. FML.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Won my fantasy league and didnt set my lineups for the last month or 2.
http://games.espn.go.com/flb/clubhou...&seasonId=2010

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerry officially gone. Omar also gone unless new GM wants him back in a scouting position.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is terrible news for the Phillies. I was hoping that the Mets would keep those guys and continue to suck... I suppose it's just up to the Wilpon family to make 2 more horrible hires...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omar started off well but then faded very quickly. I'm hearing Bobby V is a real possibility!!!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, you can still make the playoffs with a godawful manager. The Rockies almost did it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

F the Rockies. They screwed me over big time with that garbage baseball they played the last 2 and a half weeks.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
F the Rockies. They screwed me over big time with that garbage baseball they played the last 2 and a half weeks.
How much did you lose?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-04-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Only $100 but it's the principle of the matter. They made me look dumb.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Lots of things do that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-04-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Omar started off well but then faded very quickly. I'm hearing Bobby V is a real possibility!!!!!

Where at? I'm just catching up on all the news.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

He was mentioned in the press release I believe.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Russell fired. :)
Old 10-04-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
John Russell fired. :)
Yeah because he was the problem......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Yeah because he was the problem......
They have an up and coming offense, and despite their pitching being a bit behind, they could still have 70-75 wins next season.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 10-04-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Pirates could have that win total with or without Russell. The manager won't really matter. It was always an issue of talent and experience. If you think Russell can't help them grow, you make this move. Otherwise, keep him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The teams that are serious about competing acquire talent, either thru trades, draft, or free agency, but also have stability in the organization. The Yankees run had Torre, the Red Sox have Francona, the Phillies with Manual, etc, etc, etc...

The Pirates just fired another manager and likely they'll have a similar season next year and the year after, etc etc etc...

Find your guy, stick with him, get him some damn talent and try. Jeez I hate Pittsburgh but come on Pirate fans have suffered enough

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 10-04-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
The teams that are serious about competing acquire talent, either thru trades, draft, or free agency, but also have stability in the organization. The Yankees run had Torre, the Red Sox have Francona, the Phillies with Manual, etc, etc, etc...

The Pirates just fired another manager and likely they'll have a similar season next year and the year after, etc etc etc...

Find your guy, stick with him, get him some damn talent and try. Jeez I hate Pittsburgh but come on Pirate fans have suffered enough
Francona is the best of the guys. And all those guys had luck getting in at the right time with their teams. The stability can come from the front office and not the manager. Managers just have to not screw the game up. I'd say most are replaceable.

I'm curious to what happens with Trey Hillman. I know Royal fans hated him, but you can't manage piss poor talent to a winning record. Sure you can have a fluke season but not consistently. Most always said he's a great baseball guy to have around.

I know you guys are all crazy about Bucky ball and you might have a new respect for the position of manager, but I think the late season success has more to do with the last guy being gone than who the new guy is.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Francona is the best of the guys. And all those guys had luck getting in at the right time with their teams. The stability can come from the front office and not the manager. Managers just have to not screw the game up. I'd say most are replaceable.

I'm curious to what happens with Trey Hillman. I know Royal fans hated him, but you can't manage piss poor talent to a winning record. Sure you can have a fluke season but not consistently. Most always said he's a great baseball guy to have around.

I know you guys are all crazy about Bucky ball and you might have a new respect for the position of manager, but I think the late season success has more to do with the last guy being gone than who the new guy is.
I'm under no illusions about Buck being in charge. Seeing this team over the course of the whole season, the only conclusion I can say is they didn't lose 100 games and this was one of the biggest bi-polar type seasons I've seen in my life.

As for your front office theory, I am skeptical on that being enough. Plenty of teams have had stability in the front office without results. You need both talent and stability in the front office and manager, but as we both know you can have all that erased by a wacky owner.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-04-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, JR wasn't the problem, but he was part of it. The dude was a statue in the dugout. He showed no emotion. Also, he doesn't really know how to manage a game that well. I don't think he's the type of manager that the players will die for playing for. The type of manager that will light a fire in their asses and perform better. He isn't the manager for the future of this club.

The whole front office is a disaster. NH worries too much about the minor league clubs more than the big club, and the Nuttings, well I don't have all day to say how I really feel about them.

HOPEFULLY the Pirates use some money on starting pitching. Use their minor league pitching depth on a proven starter. I read that James Shields could be available, offer them Rudy Owens and something else and get it done. Sign a major league starter. Add another hitter.

I don't expect the club to compete next year, but by 2012, I believe they could contend for at least a Wild Card spot IF everything works out. But this franchise is cursed and I won't be the least bit surprised if we falter again.

As far as managers who I want next year, Eric Wedge, Andy Van Slyke, Ryne Sandberg, and Freddi Gonzalez would be my first four. I don't want a guy who has little success in the minors like Russell did.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Gonzalez will definitely be the new Braves manager so you can cross him off. I think you guys would do well with Jerry Manuel.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-04-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

I forgot where I read this but apparently Yanks third base coach Robbie Thomson is likely to get some serious look for managing jobs.