Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-30-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Ryan Theroit traded to the Cards for Blake Hawksworth.
Like the trade. I mean, I hate every1 in our bullpen except Franklin and McClellan and even they drive me to the edge sometimes. So to get a somewhat useful player in Theriot, I am happy. Plus, he is a former Cub and prolly wanna kick their asses, I am all for that. 102 years is a long time, so lets make it 103!
Old 11-30-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theriot is the kind of decent hitting, versatile guy that LaRussa wants in his lineup, so he should fit in well.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Tulo got a 6 year $120 million extension.
Rather have Cliff Lee for a few more bucks.

Speaking of which... why hasn't he accepted the Yankees offer already???
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHVF View Post
That's not the only thing you have a soft spot for (I'm sorry, it had to be said)
Twas a simple time. I miss it and its debates of Shaun Rogers v. Kevin Williams dearly.
It really was a golden era...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think Jeter will ultimately get? Is there even a 1% chance he doesn't return to the Yankees?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Tejada to the Giants. Bartlett or Hardy would be good in Pittsburgh.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:11 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its old news but the Uribe contract is so dumb. Uribe had some great playoff hits for us but I see him failing real bad in LA

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Like the trade. I mean, I hate every1 in our bullpen except Franklin and McClellan and even they drive me to the edge sometimes. So to get a somewhat useful player in Theriot, I am happy. Plus, he is a former Cub and prolly wanna kick their asses, I am all for that. 102 years is a long time, so lets make it 103!
Oh No you guys got Aaron Miles 2.0!

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
What do you guys think Jeter will ultimately get? Is there even a 1% chance he doesn't return to the Yankees?
I don't think so. I think he'll eventually come to his senses and take the 3/45 deal the Yankees reportedly offered. I don't know everything about the situation, but apparently another front office guy said no way Jeter gets anything close to that anywhere else. Yankees are willing to overpay, but within reason, and I think once Jeter sees that there is nowhere for him to use as leverage in negotiations, he'll sign.

Also I am a beast in my my player on MLB 2k10. I'm 18/30 with 5 homers and 11 RBI. OPS of 1.87.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
I don't think so. I think he'll eventually come to his senses and take the 3/45 deal the Yankees reportedly offered. I don't know everything about the situation, but apparently another front office guy said no way Jeter gets anything close to that anywhere else. Yankees are willing to overpay, but within reason, and I think once Jeter sees that there is nowhere for him to use as leverage in negotiations, he'll sign.

Also I am a beast in my my player on MLB 2k10. I'm 18/30 with 5 homers and 11 RBI. OPS of 1.87.
Did you name him PK Pujols?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:52 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Rather have Cliff Lee for a few more bucks.

Speaking of which... why hasn't he accepted the Yankees offer already???
I don't believe the Yankees have made an offer yet. According to Yahoo! they are discussing a trade for Zach Grienke with Kansas City.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I don't believe the Yankees have made an offer yet. According to Yahoo! they are discussing a trade for Zach Grienke with Kansas City.
Grienke to the Yankees??? Imagine a Sabathia, Lee, Grienke trio. *drops jaw*
Old 11-30-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't Greinke have some sort of anxiety disorder? That could turn into a disaster in New York.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

In the Yahoo! article (too lazy to find it, shouldn't be hard if you look) a source close to Grienke says that he's open to playing in New York and that his no-trade clause is about a contract extension and not his anxiety order.
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Doesn't Greinke have some sort of anxiety disorder? That could turn into a disaster in New York.
Some kind of social anxiety issue. I remember hearing that it almost entirely derailed his career and he even contemplated early retirement at one point.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
He said he would go to a big market just recently.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Grienke to the Yankees??? Imagine a Sabathia, Lee, Grienke trio. *drops jaw*
id love it even more when they get knocked out early in the play offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he gets anywhere from the 3 years 45 million offered now to 4 years 75 million. More likely with the 4th year a reasonable option basically protecting against him just being absolutely horrible. The biggest problem is A-Rod's contract. Which I'm sure the Yankees would love to redo if they could. I'm shocked about the reports of him wanting 6 years. While I would love to see Jeter make a run for Rose's record (its a long shot especially if he plays like last year), I never thought of him to be one to care. I thought there would be a much better chance of him playing one more year and retiring than ever playing 4-6 more years. But I guess I was wrong.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 11-30-2010 at 10:11 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
id love it even more when they get knocked out early in the play offs.
No team could beat the Yankees in a series with those 3 at the top of the rotation(not to even mention their lineup)
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
No team could beat the Yankees in a series with those 3 at the top of the rotation(not to even mention their lineup)
Anything can happen in a 7 game series. If they stay healthy all season, I'd have to imagine they'd pile up the most wins though.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the Yanks want Greinke we want Hughes, Montero+another prospect or two
Old 11-30-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
if the Yanks want Greinke we want Hughes, Montero+another prospect or two
Yeah I doubt it happens. He's too much of a wild card to justiy a huge package for him.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew vastly underpaid or Tulo vastly overpaid?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tulo is a lot better, but Drew is underpaid yes.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

besides home runs there really isn't that much of a difference, both good defenders and contact hitters, Tulo just plays in Coors

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote