Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-06-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
It's really not. I read an article last month with interviews from a couple scouts and gm's and they were saying how they basically expect a successful pitcher to tear their ucl once during their career. The issue is more mental than anything. Now, it's a different story if you have more than one or the dreaded shoulder problems.
I have gone through the Tommy John situation, got a fatty scar on my elbow. Its not fun by any means, if you rehab it correctly everything says you will come back throwing harder, i am right now.....compared to before the surgery.

Labrums and Rotator cuffs are the hardest to come back, some say it is almost impossible to come back from a rotator cuff. Rest is the most important things with pitchers, since ive gotten to college Ive only played summer ball for one season because i feel that those 3 months of rest are very important for arm care. The guys i played with that have gotten drafted dont even pick up a ball for a month or 2 after their season is over, so rest is most certainly not a bad thing.

With all of these surgeries alot of it is mental like you said, if you are tentative or worried at all, it really isn't going to work, and you can just re-injure. To me i took it slow, but you get to a certain point where you gotta just say **** it and stop babying the thing.

Truth of the matter is, that just about every pitcher in baseball has a frayed or partially torn labrum, just from constant throwing, and they are more than capable with throwing with it, just cant let it get too serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
If the Yankees sign Crawford, does that mean Curtis Granderson gets traded?

I'd love to see him back in a Tigers uniform.
Another guy who used to be linked to the Braves. If that were to happen, I'd put Atlanta right around the top of potential suitors. Even though, they have a very similar player already in Mclouth...if he returns to form, that is.

It's funny...Atlanta misses out on these guys the first time around, but a lot of them still find their way to ATL a year or two later.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-06-2010 at 05:48 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I would love for the Yankees to get Matt Diaz. He's a better fielding option for the role that Thames filled well last year.
I just want him to be an every day guy somewhere. haha. Its been a long time coming.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Another guy who used to be linked to the Braves. If that were to happen, I'd put Atlanta right at around the top of potential suitors. Even though, they have a very similar player already in Mclouth...if he returns to form, that is.

It's funny...Atlanta misses out on these guys the first time around, but a lot of them still find their way to ATL a year or two later.
Don't insult Grandy by comparing him to McLouth.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Putz to Diamondbacks, 2 year deal with club option, is official.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Don't insult Grandy by comparing him to McLouth.
They are fairly similar at the plate when Mclouth is right. Grandy is just a triples machine, in comparison.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They are fairly similar at the plate when Mclouth is right. Grandy is just a triples machine, in comparison.
McLouth is not going to be right anytime soon.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just want him to be an every day guy somewhere. haha. Its been a long time coming.
Except he's not an everyday player by any means. He'd only play against lefties for us.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
McLouth is not going to be right anytime soon.
I will not dispute this. I used to a big fan of his...but I've lost all faith.

Our prospects of Mclouth or freaking Schafer in Center, kind of make me sick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Except he's not an everyday player by any means. He'd only play against lefties for us.
I didnt mean for you, necessarily. Hell, he can go to the Royals for all I care. I just want him to play every day. His splits werent too great this year, but he's hit righties in the past. I love the passion he plays with...he's turned himself into a good fielder and for being a free swinger, with a terrible batting stance, he's shown great consistency for us, when healthy. He's a solid player, who never really got a real opportunity to play every day in Atlanta.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Could always trade some of the surplus pitching for a centerfielder.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I didnt mean for you, necessarily. Hell, he can go to the Royals for all I care. I just want him to play every day. His splits werent too great this year, but he's hit righties in the past. I love the passion he plays with...he's turned himself into a good fielder and for being a free swinger, with a terrible batting stance, he's shown great consistency for us, when healthy. He's a solid player, who never really got a real opportunity to play every day in Atlanta.
He's Marcus Thames with much better defense. He would be an upgrade over what we had in the same role last year. He literally would only ever play against lefties unless for significant injury. A nice way to give rest to Swisher, Gardner, and Grandy when needed.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Could always trade some of the surplus pitching for a centerfielder.
They've talked about it...but one of the first names that always pops up is Jurrjens. And then I get pissed off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
He's Marcus Thames with much better defense. He would be an upgrade over what we had in the same role last year. He literally would only ever play against lefties unless for significant injury. A nice way to give rest to Swisher, Gardner, and Grandy when needed.
I know how he'd fit with you guys. I'm just saying, I'd rather see him play every day and that could finally be out there for him. Elsewhere.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

They should have traded for Cameron Maybin, given that it cost pretty much nothing for the Pads.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Wouldnt have been a bad idea, they still may do something, at least...they were apparently interested in Lorenzo Cain. But the Brewers have said they're not shopping him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

They have to do something with Lowe/Hanson/Hudson/Jurrjens/Beachy/Minor all viable rotation candidates, and even Scott Diamond if absolutely necessary. That's not even to mention Teheran, who could be the best pitching prospect in baseball and Randall Delgado.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
They have to do something with Lowe/Hanson/Hudson/Jurrjens/Beachy/Minor all viable rotation candidates, and even Scott Diamond if absolutely necessary. That's not even to mention Teheran, who could be the best pitching prospect in baseball and Randall Delgado.
Teheran isnt coming up yet. I like Diamond, but he'll spend more time in AAA for a while. Delgado is very promising, but still has a lot of work to do.

Beachy's a long reliever or in AAA, if they dont move someone. And that's just fine for the time being. Same thing happened with Medlen.

I am impressed with you knowledge of out stacked farmhand, though. Braves look set for quite a while. And we havent even brought up Vizcanio's name. :D

Lowe, Hanson, Hudson, Jurrjens, and Minor. Are the guys at the moment.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Teheran isnt coming up yet. I like Diamond, but he'll spend more time in AAA for a while. Delgado is very promising, but still has a lot of work to do.

Beachy's a long reliever or in AAA, if they dont move someone. And that's just fine for the time being. Same thing happened with Medlen.

I am impressed with you knowledge of out stacked farmhand, though. Braves look set for quite a while. And we havent even brought up Vizcanio's name. :D

Lowe, Hanson, Hudson, Jurrjens, and Minor. Are the guys at the moment.
You should know by now that I know way too much about baseball, and can probably describe most teams farms if you give me a minute. I didn't mention Vizcaino because of the injury, but I think he's as talented as anyone sans for Teheran. They will need to figure out something in 2012 though, because...

2011 guys: Lowe, Hudson, Jurrjens, Hanson, Minor will all still be under contract
Others that should be ready: Diamond, Hoover, Teheran (barring an epic collapse), Beachy (he should still be an effective starter), Medlen

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Coreia to Pittsburgh!!! 2 years for 8 million. I LOVE this deal.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Putz to Diamondbacks, 2 year deal with club option, is official.
had to start spending money some time, roster has to be at like $40MM right now
Old 12-06-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
When you can sign a guy who had a 5.40 ERA in a pitchers park, You gotta do it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Another back of the rotation starter, but whatever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
The year before he pitched very well. I expect him to bounce back. This means Charlie Morton will not be in the rotation. Hell, maybe no Olsen.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
He's not very good, but he's also not that bad. He was pretty ****** all year because he lost his little brother, and he should be a 2ish win pitcher this season. In that sense, it's a decent deal for the Pirates, I just like to harp on Seth.

RIP TheManInBlack