Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-14-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I think this is one of the only times i have seen the Yankees really set out for a guy and not end up with him. Seems like whoever they want, they get. I honestly think they are going to panic after seeing what the Bo Sox did and give KC their whole ******* farm system for Greinke.
Obviously you don't remember Greg Maddux.

I'm not concerned with the loss of Lee, of course I would of liked to have him, but if Pettitte comes back I am still confident in our chances at winning it all.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Obviously you don't remember Greg Maddux.

I'm not concerned with the loss of Lee, of course I would of liked to have him, but if Pettitte comes back I am still confident in our chances at winning it all.
The yankess are the type of team that are going to get jealous of the Bo Sox. The yankees are the ones that are supposed to be making the noise, and now that they arent....its going to piss them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The yankess are the type of team that are going to get jealous of the Bo Sox. The yankees are the ones that are supposed to be making the noise, and now that they arent....its going to piss them off.

The Yankees of old are not the Yankees of new. They might make a trade for a starter, who knows. But Cashman won't make a ridiculous overpay like George used to make him.

Maybe a Montero + Banuelos deal happens, but I'd be surprised as that is a lot of value to give up.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yanks respond to the Cliff Lee signing by signing Mark Prior to a minor league deal
Old 12-14-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prior + Martin is a giant bottle of suck. Come on Yanks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilMonkey View Post
Yanks respond to the Cliff Lee signing by signing Mark Prior to a minor league deal
Haha. That's been rumored for a few weeks now.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know the Red Sox added some nice pieces. But they also lost some really good players as well. The guys they brought in are better but it's not like they're adding to an already stacked team offensively. For instance I find it hard to believe Crawford will ever produce a season like Beltre did last year. They're still going to have a 7-8-9 of Scutaro, Ellsbury, and Salty/Varitek.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I know the Red Sox added some nice pieces. But they also lost some really good players as well. The guys they brought in are better but it's not like they're adding to an already stacked team offensively. For instance I find it hard to believe Crawford will ever produce a season like Beltre did last year. They're still going to have a 7-8-9 of Scutaro, Ellsbury, and Salty/Varitek.
You're missing the Adrian Gonzalez part. He's a legit threat to hit 45+ homers in Fenway this year. Crawford could also be in for a similar power surge. Theo said part of the reason he signed him is because they think that he's getting to a point in his career where he's going to be able to hit more homers. We'll likely stick him in the middle of the lineup and tell him to slug the ball. That's more than enough to replace Beltre and Vic(who was a non-factor for extended periods of time) and we really weren't that far away offensively either.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
You're missing the Adrian Gonzalez part. He's a legit threat to hit 45+ homers in Fenway this year. Crawford could also be in for a similar power surge. Theo said part of the reason he signed him is because they think that he's getting to a point in his career where he's going to be able to hit more homers. We'll likely stick him in the middle of the lineup and tell him to slug the ball. That's more than enough to replace Beltre and Vic(who was a non-factor for extended periods of time) and we really weren't that far away offensively either.
I don't think the power surge will be as much as you think for both lefthanders. Especially for Crawford. He's never even hit 20 in his career. It's a pretty safe bet that he'll never have a single year as good as Beltre's last year. Gonzalez is a huge upgrade. My point was just that it wasn't like you guys had scrubs that are being replaced with superstars. These were some pretty good players. I'm actually suprised their hasn't been a big stink about Crawford's contract.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're missing the Adrian Gonzalez part. He's a legit threat to hit 45+ homers in Fenway this year. Crawford could also be in for a similar power surge.
Does he play for the Yankees/New York team? No? Then he's going to suck.

/Jughead.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Does he play for the Yankees/New York team? No? Then he's going to suck.

/Jughead.
Who are you a fan of again?
Old 12-14-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's a pretty safe bet that he'll never have a single year as good as Beltre's last year.
He finished with 12 RBI less than Beltre. You don't think he can improve by 10-15 RBI with the Boston lineup? Mmk, then. I'm sure his 45-50 stolen bases don't help at all, either.

Quote:
Who are you a fan of again?
Boston/Philly.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He finished with 12 RBI less than Beltre. You don't think he can improve by 10-15 RBI with the Boston lineup? Mmk, then. I'm sure his 45-50 stolen bases don't help at all, either.

Boston/Philly.
RsBI? REALLY SNIPER?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
RsBI? REALLY SNIPER?
I used RBI. Sue me.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran

iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
Phenomenal.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:

Boston/Philly.
Crawford's a very good player. But Beltre was excellent last year. And Crawford will never be as good Beltre was last year. Plus Beltre would have been a ton cheaper. For as much of an uproar that the Werth contract got, I'm just really suprised nothing's been said about Crawford's.

Boston and Philly? 2 teams? Is that like the old phrase about 2 QBs? Really having none.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Boston/Philly.
Who are you cheering for this upcoming world series when they face off agasint each other? It's gonna be tough!

BoSox need to hurry up and sign some bullpen help so I can say that and feel good about it

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crawford's a very good player. But Beltre was excellent last year. And Crawford will never be as good Beltre was last year. Plus Beltre would have been a ton cheaper. For as much of an uproar that the Werth contract got, I'm just really suprised nothing's been said about Crawford's.

Boston and Philly? 2 teams? Is that like the old phrase about 2 QBs? Really having none.

Instead of looking at it as Beltre VS Crawford...
Look at it as

AGonz >>> Beltre
Crawford >>> VMart

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Who are you cheering for this upcoming world series when they face off agasint each other? It's gonna be tough!
Probably Boston, though going to another parade would be a swell time.

Quote:
BoSox need to hurry up and sign some bullpen help so I can say that and feel good about it
Sure would be nice.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think the power surge will be as much as you think for both lefthanders
Why? Fenway is a fantastic place for LH's to hit. You get to wear out the wall and we moved RF in in the off season to. Think it's completely reasonable to think Gonzalez playing in Petco(look at the Park Factors) to hit a ton more out.

Quote:
Especially for Crawford. He's never even hit 20 in his career. It's a pretty safe bet that he'll never have a single year as good as Beltre's last year.
Hit 19 last year. I'm not going to pretend to say I've seen every Rays game, but he was asked to be the #2 hitter last year and be more of a contact guy. Rays did a lot of hit and run type stuff with him. When he batted #3 and had more license to swing away, his slugging percentage rose a lot. Hit almost half his homeruns there in half the AB's. That's not even mentioning the fact his power numbers are trending upwards in the right direction. Don't think it's entirely unreasonable to think he can be a 20-25 homerun guy next year if we tell him to try to hit them and coach him to do it.

Quote:
Gonzalez is a huge upgrade. My point was just that it wasn't like you guys had scrubs that are being replaced with superstars. These were some pretty good players. I'm actually suprised their hasn't been a big stink about Crawford's contract.
Not at all, but we're replacing them with vastly superior player in at least one instance and a comparable one that also doesn't have a good chance to fall off the face of the earth.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
ISN'T ANYONE GOING TO GIVE US CREDIT FOR CONTAINING MIKE VICK IN A LOSS? NO? ANYONE? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEE!
Old 12-14-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Why? Fenway is a fantastic place for LH's to hit. You get to wear out the wall and we moved RF in in the off season to. Think it's completely reasonable to think Gonzalez playing in Petco(look at the Park Factors) to hit a ton more out.
I didn't know you moved RF in. Fenway has just always been a righties haven. I've just never been a huge Crawford fan. He always been a better fantasy player than a real player in my opinion. Kind of like Reyes. My other peeve on him also has been playing LF. If he put up numbers like that in CF, it'd be a different story. Why hasn't he ever seriously played there? He has the speed obviously.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The downgrade in defense from Youk going to third is pretty damn significant, so you can't exactly overlook that in comparing how much better Gonzo is than Beltre.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Instead of looking at it as Beltre VS Crawford...
Look at it as

AGonz >>> Beltre
Crawford >>> VMart
The whole issue he is trying to make is, it not comparing these players as a whole, its about replacing last years production.

While Gonzalez is a much better bet to continue his hitting prowess in the long run, Beltre had a monster year last year while also playing excellent defense at a more valuable position.

According the fgWAR, Beltre had a 7.1, while Adrian had a 5.9. Even if you project Adrian to hit better at Fenway (projections like this are dangerous, you never want to pay big money for someone to be better then what they currently are, thats how teams get burned) he still is replacing a player that outperformed him.

Crawford on the other hand, did out perform Martinez, 5.9 to 4.1, so you are right, he is better, but not amazingly so.

So while I agree that the 2 players signed are better then the 2 players departing, did the team really get better? I'd say no, they just now have a better chance to stay the same.

If the Red Sox improve this year it is because of returns to health and bounce back year from Youk, Pedroia and some of their SP.