Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-14-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does the extra 30% of OBP translate into 62 or more runs scored? You win games by scoring runs, and you play to win the game....hello! You play to win the game!

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
Does the extra 30% of OBP translate into 62 or more runs scored? You win games by scoring runs, and you play to win the game....hello! You play to win the game!
I think Pedroia and Youkilis do that over Bill Hall and Mike Lowell.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ever since the playoffs started we've had a ton of new posters in here.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still miss when it was you and I birthday boy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I still miss when it was you and I birthday boy.
Well the core has changed now. I guess we'll have to adapt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jughead is still pissed off all the time.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jughead is still pissed off all the time.
Haha. I'm not actually mad. I think I just type and it comes off as anger. I'm really a happy person. Would you rather have Werth for his deal or Crawford for his?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I never said I didn't love it. I have a great affection towards you mister.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Haha. I'm not actually mad. I think I just type and it comes off as anger. I'm really a happy person. Would you rather have Werth for his deal or Crawford for his?
Crawford. His skill set is more of a game-changer.

Also, I think Gonzalez is the top acquisition this offseason. His swing is perfect for Fenway. He's going to pepper the wall if he gets pitched away and he'll drop bombs to right if they pitch him inside.

The interesting thing will be what they do with Ellsbury. Not sure if he can handle hitting at the top of that order, but his speed will be wasted if he hits lower in the order with base cloggers like Ortiz and Tek hitting ahead of him. They may be better off dealing him to shore up that bullpen.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'll vouch for this. I'm much more cranky.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2010, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Is the Phillies offense better than the Braves offense of the mid 90's that had Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, and Avery?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Is the Phillies offense better than the Braves offense of the mid 90's that had Maddux, Smoltz, Glavine, and Avery?
It depends on how good Dominic Brown is.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Crawford. His skill set is more of a game-changer.

Also, I think Gonzalez is the top acquisition this offseason. His swing is perfect for Fenway. He's going to pepper the wall if he gets pitched away and he'll drop bombs to right if they pitch him inside.

The interesting thing will be what they do with Ellsbury. Not sure if he can handle hitting at the top of that order, but his speed will be wasted if he hits lower in the order with base cloggers like Ortiz and Tek hitting ahead of him. They may be better off dealing him to shore up that bullpen.
I've heard talks about them possibly working two "top of the lineup" options

Ellsbury
Pedroia
AGonz
Youk
Crawford
Scutaro
Ortiz
JD Drew
Salty/VTek

I was thinking about putting Crawford at leadoff and going L/R all the way down with Ellsbury at the 9 whole
Tito has said that Boston's a better team when Ellsbury leads off though.
We'll see what he does

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who was the one that called it? The ESPN website already has "The Four Aces" on the front page with a picture of all four guys. Lol
Old 12-14-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I've also heard the Phillies Phour.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
It depends on how good Dominic Brown is.
Say he busts.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've also heard the Phillies Phour.
Sucks for the Phiphth guy.
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So who was the one that called it? The ESPN website already has "The Four Aces" on the front page with a picture of all four guys. Lol
HA! I knew it was only a matter of time

sig by BoneKrusher

Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Say he busts.
Ehhh, I guess it's about equal.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
HA! I knew it was only a matter of time
They're so ******* predictable, it's sad. A bunch of randoms posting on a football forum called it hours ahead of time, and i bet their crack-team of writers was sitting there for hours till one says "aha! the FOUR ACES!"
Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Diaz signs a 2 year deal with the Pirates

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I'd love to see what people think about a player hitting in the 4 spot who hits 28 HRs and gets only 28RBIs but has an OBP of 400
Is that guy better than someone who hits 28HRs/100 RBI/ 370 OBP...?
How many doubles and triples is this terribly unlucky baseball player getting, and how many is the second guy getting? Because as it stands, ceteris paribus, the first guy is better.

Last edited by mqtirishfan : 12-15-2010 at 12:47 AM.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

2 years/$12 million for Kevin Gregg? DID YOU NOT LEARN YOUR LESSON LAST YEAR ORIOLES? Jesus ******* Christ.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-15-2010, 07:31 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Sucks for the Phiphth guy.
It's Kyle Kendrick, so no one cares.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:55 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They're so ******* predictable, it's sad. A bunch of randoms posting on a football forum called it hours ahead of time, and i bet their crack-team of writers was sitting there for hours till one says "aha! the FOUR ACES!"
I know. I see the writers at ESPN mostly as a bunch of ivy league C-students who spent most of their collegiate career playing Madden and checking their fantasy football team. Which is fine, but they all still have a half finished novel saved on their laptops and every one of them thinks that they're the most clever mother ****** on the planet.

sig by BoneKrusher