Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-04-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They are not making a mistake.
This. And I like adding Arthur Rhodes for Texas, depending on the money.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
This. And I like adding Arthur Rhodes for Texas, depending on the money.
I like it to. Getting Artuhur Rhodes back in the AL guarantees the Yankees at least one more win next season.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I like it to. Getting Artuhur Rhodes back in the AL guarantees the Yankees at least one more win next season.
i thought the Mark Prior signing is what put you over the top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
i thought the Mark Prior signing is what put you over the top.
Haha. I don't know why ESPN even made a big deal out of that. The Yankees will probably be happy if he can even fill a AAA rotation spot. But Rhodes does throw batting practice.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Beltre got too much. I think he might go back to his Seattle days when he got that fat contract.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haha. I don't know why ESPN even made a big deal out of that. The Yankees will probably be happy if he can even fill a AAA rotation spot. But Rhodes does throw batting practice.
Damn, i didnt know BP pitchers made the all star game?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Damn, i didnt know BP pitchers made the all star game?
For the NL maybe. He's just awful against the Yankees. I'm not sure he's ever held a lead against them not matter what team he was pitching for.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Gregg added to the Oriole Closer Committee for 2 years

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:07 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Never been a fan of his.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Koji was phenomenal last year, so I don't see why it would be a committee.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Epic wrong thread, sorry guys.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Matusz, Tillman, and Arrieta all take the next step up the O's should sneak up on some people this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Braves and Dan Uggla agreed to a 5 year $62 million deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I think Beltre got too much. I think he might go back to his Seattle days when he got that fat contract.
That's what I'm afraid of.... but I'm optimistic of him doing better in Arlington (a hitters park) versus Seattle (a pitchers park).

One thing is for sure... the defense at 3B will be astronomically better. I didn't realize how bad Young was until I read this:

"Young has been a starter at second base, shortstop (where he won a Gold Glove in 2008) and third base but the truth is since he moved to short to accommodate the arrival of the similarly deficient Alfonso Soriano in 2004, Young has regularly ranked among the worst fielders in the major leagues, according to most range-based advanced defensive metrics. In 2010, Young was rated as 5.4 runs below average at third base by Ultimate Zone Rating, and 13 runs below average in John Dewan's plus/minus system. Beltre, by comparison, has been one of the very best defensive third baseman in the major leagues throughout his career and was rated as 11.8 runs above average by UZR and 10 above average by Dewan in 2010. That makes Beltre an upgrade of roughly 20 runs, or two wins, on defense alone."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1ABYME1uC
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For the NL maybe. He's just awful against the Yankees. I'm not sure he's ever held a lead against them not matter what team he was pitching for.
Well, I'm definitely not mad about the signing. The Texas bullpen was a major problem throughout the playoffs. Adding an All-Star to the pen doesn't bother me. So what if he's 41 years old. He's replacing Clay Rapada! lol.

I'm really curious to see who ends up being the closer if Feliz goes to the rotation as assumed.

Last edited by D-Unit : 01-05-2011 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's what I'm afraid of.... but I'm optimistic of him doing better in Arlington (a hitters park) versus Seattle (a pitchers park).

One thing is for sure... the defense at 3B will be astronomically better. I didn't realize how bad Young was until I read this:

"Young has been a starter at second base, shortstop (where he won a Gold Glove in 2008) and third base but the truth is since he moved to short to accommodate the arrival of the similarly deficient Alfonso Soriano in 2004, Young has regularly ranked among the worst fielders in the major leagues, according to most range-based advanced defensive metrics. In 2010, Young was rated as 5.4 runs below average at third base by Ultimate Zone Rating, and 13 runs below average in John Dewan's plus/minus system. Beltre, by comparison, has been one of the very best defensive third baseman in the major leagues throughout his career and was rated as 11.8 runs above average by UZR and 10 above average by Dewan in 2010. That makes Beltre an upgrade of roughly 20 runs, or two wins, on defense alone."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz1ABYME1uC
It's funny how little attention defense gets for how important it actually is.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
It's funny how little attention defense gets for how important it actually is.
Half as important as hitting.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

couldnt have ended up better for the red sox. the sox end up getting a first and second round pick from the rangers as long as soriano doesnt sign from the rangers. sweeeeeet

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
couldnt have ended up better for the red sox. the sox end up getting a first and second round pick from the rangers as long as soriano doesnt sign from the rangers. sweeeeeet
The Rangers went to the World Series. So it could have ended up better for the Red Sox had a worse team signed him. Not like you're looking at high picks in those rounds.

Tell me more about the Soriano situation though. What's the story behind that one?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Half as important as hitting.
Texas pitchers need as much help as they can get.

Anyone think Michael Young could see some time at 1B?
Old 01-05-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Rangers went to the World Series. So it could have ended up better for the Red Sox had a worse team signed him. Not like you're looking at high picks in those rounds.

Tell me more about the Soriano situation though. What's the story behind that one?
Rafael Soriano is a higher ranked Type A free agent...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-05-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Rafael Soriano is a higher ranked Type A free agent...
Is Texas being linked to him too?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Is Texas being linked to him too?
No, it was just a thing being thrown out there.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-05-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to Bert Blyleven for finally making it into the Hall of Fame!

Also congrats to Roberto Alomar.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Here are the results.

Roberto Alomar 523 (90.0%)
Bert Blyleven 463 (79.7%)
Barry Larkin 361 (62.1%)
Jack Morris 311 (53.5%)
Lee Smith 263 (45.3%)
Jeff Bagwell 242 (41.7%)
Tim Raines 218 (37.5%)
Edgar Martinez 191 (32.9%)
Alan Trammell 141 (24.3%)
Larry Walker 118 (20.3%)
Mark McGwire 115 (19.8%)