Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-07-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I wished the Pirates got Garza.
So they can be a better last place team? You should be holding onto your prospects.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its okay Hines, Papa Yoda is here, I am here for u, I will caress u.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
So they can be a better last place team? You should be holding onto your prospects.
I woulda just offered Hanrahan and a AA pitching prospect. If not, then forget it.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because they would have had to pay Garza. They dont pay players they just trade them.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
What GF said about this. Maddux is way better than Rivera, and you should know better than to claim otherwise.
Of course he is because he is a SP. But Rivera is hands down the best ever at his position. Where as Maddux a lot of times wasn't even the best SP in his rotation. At least in my opinion.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Of course he is because he is a SP. But Rivera is hands down the best ever at his position. Where as Maddux a lot of times wasn't even the best SP in his rotation. At least in my opinion.
He was by far the best pitcher in the Braves rotation, and it wasn't even close. Don't give me that ****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was by far the best pitcher in the Braves rotation, and it wasn't even close. Don't give me that ****.
Over the course of his career his was. But if I needed one win in a big game in the playoffs, I'm going with Smoltz. If Maddux wasn't getting his normal 6 extra inches on each side of the plate, he wasn't as effective.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Over the course of his career his was. But if I needed one win in a big game in the playoffs, I'm going with Smoltz. If Maddux wasn't getting his normal 6 extra inches on each side of the plate, he wasn't as effective.
I.........just no. Just no Jughead, you're better than this.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-07-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I.........just no. Just no Jughead, you're better than this.
I know you hate this but baseball is more than numbers. Maddux's are phenominal. But I've never seen a pitcher get more plate than Maddux in his career. And in the late 90's I certainly feared Smoltz more than Maddux. Smoltz could just dominate you. Maddux's game was too dependant on how lenient the ump was going to be that night. More times than not he got the extra inches from him thoguh.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So ummm... the Yankees... lol at their offseason. They've pretty much gotten owned.

On the other hand, LOVE what the Red Sox did. Adding Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez... scary.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I know you hate this but baseball is more than numbers. Maddux's are phenominal. But I've never seen a pitcher get more plate than Maddux in his career. And in the late 90's I certainly feared Smoltz more than Maddux. Smoltz could just dominate you. Maddux's game was too dependant on how lenient the ump was going to be that night. More times than not he got the extra inches from him thoguh.
It wasn't that much of a difference from all random star pitchers. I still say Pedro in his prime is better than any pitcher I will ever see, but Maddux is easily top three.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-07-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So ummm... the Yankees... lol at their offseason. They've pretty much gotten owned.

On the other hand, LOVE what the Red Sox did. Adding Carl Crawford and Adrian Gonzalez... scary.
Well this was a weak offseason. I don't think the Yankees ever really wanted anyone except obviously Lee. I think they had interest in Werth but not real strong interest.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

They have way too many defensively inefficient guys on the team, that is their main problem.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-07-2011, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
They have way too many defensively inefficient guys on the team, that is their main problem.
It's just really Jeter and A-Rod. Everyone else is solid or better.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
It's just really Jeter and A-Rod. Everyone else is solid or better.
They are stuck with them both for a long ass time, and Posada isn't exactly a world beater anymore.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-07-2011, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
They are stuck with them both for a long ass time, and Posada isn't exactly a world beater anymore.
Well Posada isn't catching this year. At least not more than 10-15 games. Eventually A-Rod will be our DH and hopefully Jeter can take to 3B quickly. Jeter is only one year removed from a very solid defensive season. A-Rod's been bad for a few years now.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Montero is also pretty terrible defensively.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-07-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nick Swisher is terrible also.

Pedro Martinez was the best pitcher I'll ever see. His 99 and 00 seasons are just ridiculous.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Swisher isn't terrible. He's ok. RF at Yankee Stadium is easy enough to play for him. On the road at some of the bigger parks, he's a bit of an adventure.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Swisher isn't terrible. He's ok. RF at Yankee Stadium is easy enough to play for him. On the road at some of the bigger parks, he's a bit of an adventure.
Nope I'm pretty sure he messes up more balls in RF than I've seen in a while. He's a butcher.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DONT YOU DARE BAD TALK NICK SWISHER!
what he lacks in D he makes up for in pure sexiness and awesomeness
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
DONT YOU DARE BAD TALK NICK SWISHER!
what he lacks in D he makes up for in pure sexiness and awesomeness
He's a great person and a very good hitter. He's actually one of the Yankees I can tolerate. It still doesn't make up for his pathetic attempt at playing the OF.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So you don't fear better players? Interesting thought.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
So you don't fear better players? Interesting thought.

I hear that argument all the time and no one ever brings up that it makes absolutely zero sense. Kudos.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Reds win the WS and have Larkin Rose and Conception piss on a replica of the HoF.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote