Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Haha I dont think I said that. Watch Moore trade him now.
Might happen. Royals have a massive log jam at 1B.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hosmerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I am well aware that the Phillies' window is pretty much this year. All of the hitters from the 2008 team are 30+. Werth is gone, Rollins is fading, Utley has been consistently banged up, and Howard can't hit in the clutch. Victorino was a nice story, but he's not an elite talent, and his skills will likely decline. I hated the Ibanez signing when it happened, and nothing he has done has changed my assessment. The team has to hope that Singleton, Jiwan James, and Brown can come and infuse this team with youth and power because things are on the down side.
Howard is fine in the clutch (not that I believe clutch exists in baseball...)... he's just atrocious at hitting lefties, below average defensively, his patience is declining by the year, he's slow as ****, and breaking balls can still rape him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am well aware that the Phillies' window is pretty much this year. All of the hitters from the 2008 team are 30+. Werth is gone, Rollins is fading, Utley has been consistently banged up, and Howard can't hit in the clutch. Victorino was a nice story, but he's not an elite talent, and his skills will likely decline. I hated the Ibanez signing when it happened, and nothing he has done has changed my assessment. The team has to hope that Singleton, Jiwan James, and Brown can come and infuse this team with youth and power because things are on the down side.
With pitching like the Phillies their window will still be open for a few more years. Look the Giants this year, if their hitting gets hot at the right time they will be fine
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oswalt is a FA after this year. I think Oswalt and Hamels are both FA's after this year. Losing Hamels would hurt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually Oswalt has a $16 million club option for next year. Doubtful the Phils pick it up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-09-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am not a big fan of Brown at all. I think he'll be a solid player but won't live up to this high prospect praise at all.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oswalt is a FA after this year. I think Oswalt and Hamels are both FA's after this year. Losing Hamels would hurt.
You are correct about Oswalt. Hamels will have the opportunity to test the market, but the Phillies might have the ability to resign him. Ibanez comes off the books and Oswalt's $16mm savings helps as well. Plus Lidge is also a FA and is not highly likely to resign. There is money to afford Hamels if they want to.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like the Phillies farm system, if it can stay healthy.

Jarred Cosart can be a pretty damn good starter if he stays healthy and Brody Colvin had a great second half in the SAL. It's too early to see what Jesse Biddle can do but there's talent down there.

I'm not really impressed by Jiwan James quite yet. I know he's a converted pitcher, but he's still as raw as a meat dress right now. I'm really excited to see what Aaron Altherr can do at 3B.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Greinke has a bruised rib and a hairline fracture. Should be 4-6 weeks.
injured playing basketball
Old 03-09-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually Oswalt has a $16 million club option for next year. Doubtful the Phils pick it up.
Why not? Amaro has shown that he whacks off to good starting pitching. Unless Oswalt has an awful year, I don't see why the Phils don't pick up the option.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't Howard's extension kick in next year?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
injured playing basketball
I look forward to Greinke's career going to the shitter. He leaves KC for Milwaukee and does nothing but talk **** on KC as if he went to the Yankees or something...
Old 03-09-2011, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Doesn't Howard's extension kick in next year?
Howard's extension kicks in this year. 5 more years at $25mm average per. Basically an unmovable contract for a 31-32 year old DH in the NL.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-09-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I look forward to Greinke's career going to the shitter. He leaves KC for Milwaukee and does nothing but talk **** on KC as if he went to the Yankees or something...
amen.and Lorenzo Cain is appearantly wowing scouts and others in Royals camp
Old 03-09-2011, 04:48 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
amen.and Lorenzo Cain is appearantly wowing scouts and others in Royals camp
got Cain ( and Escobar) in my AL only dynasty league so this makes me happy
Old 03-09-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Why not? Amaro has shown that he whacks off to good starting pitching. Unless Oswalt has an awful year, I don't see why the Phils don't pick up the option.
$16 mil for a 4th starter and you still have to re-sign Hamels. I don't like the odds. Of course anything is possible with Amaro though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-09-2011, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat White retired from baseball.

http://atmlb.com/e2mmkZ

Thought it was funny and had to post it somewhere...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Pat White retired from baseball.

http://atmlb.com/e2mmkZ

Thought it was funny and had to post it somewhere...
I dont know why he isnt giving it a shot, hes not going to be picked up by anyone in the NFL.

But if you quit playing, you have to retire so....its whatever. Gotta go through all the dumb ass paperwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:06 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
$16 mil for a 4th starter and you still have to re-sign Hamels. I don't like the odds. Of course anything is possible with Amaro though.
With the special Lee exemption Amaro got from ownership, I don't see the team picking up that option. They have a lot of players to make plays for. Hamels, Victorino, Lidge, Rollins... That is a lot of money that doesn't have to be paid in theory, but a lot of talent from key contributors. You have to assume Hamels and Victorino will get 3-4 year deals, and Rollins probably gets a 2 year deal bc of the limited options available on the farm and via FA. Lidge is likely gone, and Oswalt might come back for less money per year, but multiple years on the deal. However, with the other pitching talent on the farm, this might not be such a huge deal.

Old 03-10-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charlie Morton is having a damn good spring. He's throwing his sinker and throwing it very, very well. I think he might surprise some folks this year if/when he wins the fifth starter job.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not really too high on a player who has a horrific MLB stat line and a non-dominant minor league one. Morton has a lot of raw talent, but at this point, if he can't do well for the Pirates, he's not a good option. Nothing against him. Just don't buy it as a real change.

Old 03-10-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah no offense Hines but when you're in a competition for the 5th spot in the Pirates rotation there's something wrong with you.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2011, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not really too high on a player who has a horrific MLB stat line and a non-dominant minor league one. Morton has a lot of raw talent, but at this point, if he can't do well for the Pirates, he's not a good option. Nothing against him. Just don't buy it as a real change.
He's always had raw talent, it's just the fact he is very mental and loses focus it seems like. Last year, if he had a bad inning, he would just totally lose it. He wasn't like that his first year with the Pirates.

Quote:
Yeah no offense Hines but when you're in a competition for the 5th spot in the Pirates rotation there's something wrong with you.
He wouldn't be the fifth starter if he didn't have that bad season. People seem to forget that he had a pretty damn good start of his Pirates career. Outside of one outing against the Cubs, he pitched well with the Pirates in '09.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Morton was 5-9 with a 4.55 ERA and 1.52 WHIP in 2009 and 2-12 with a 7.57 ERA and 1.82 WHIP in 2010. Both years, his BABIP was above .300, indicating that batters were hitting his pitches and hitting them hard. The guy has plenty of "stuff", but he's not a MLB pitcher in my mind. The guy is 27. The likelihood of him finding himself and becoming an ace is just not there.