Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-18-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah because Shane Spencer was such a great player himself. Yankees fans are so asinine.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yeah because Shane Spencer was such a great player himself. Yankees fans are so asinine.
Sad panda :(

Thought you'd know to quote my posts by now.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What's that from ATL?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPE51I9GUQ.DTL

Quote:
Luis Castillo is finally gone!!!!! I knew Sandy would make the right move.
Thank the lord. And is Jughead seriously complaining about theMets 2B talk when way more coverage is given to the epic battle of Nova, Garcia, and Colon?
Old 03-18-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He had a way better 130 ABs in September.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Thank the lord. And is Jughead seriously complaining about theMets 2B talk when way more coverage is given to the epic battle of Nova, Garcia, and Colon?
Unless I'm missing it, that doesn't seem to be talked about. It's not much of a battle anyway.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to the Jays-Yanks spring training game today. Was a lot of fun. Morrow looked great, I expect a huge year from him. Zep kind of struggled and I def expect Litsch to get the 5th spot. Burnett looked absolutely horrendous. He has just completely lost it at this point. The Yanks also have some of the biggest prospects I have ever seen. Jesus, these guys seemd like the were 6"8
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Ken Wilson the Mariners broadcaster? I was wondering what happened to that guy after the Blues let him go. Dude is awesome, he must of told every St. Louis sportscaster to suck his dick because I don' think I've seen him or heard him do an interview since he left and he was the Blues Broadcaster for 20 years.

I loved his "ohh babies" I loved it more when he would shout it out when nothing was happening, like

"Pronger with the puck, he leaves it for Courtnall Ohhoo Baby"

Man I'm jealous of the Mariners.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BoSox named Lester their open day starter (no-brainer)
then followed that naming Lackey their day two starter (...?)
Im guessing the rotation'll be Lester-Lackey-Beckett-Bucholz-DiceK
Bucholz finished in the top 5 in the Cy Young voting and Lackey was what?
Top 5 worst contracts in the league right now?
My guess would have been Lester-Beckett-Bucholz-Lackey-DiceK (DiceK and Lackey interchangable)
Beckett over Bucholz from a respect aspect and a vote of confidence for a bounce back year

I guess it really doesn't matter after the first time through the rotation though

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beckett was pretty bad in 06, so Im willing to give Lackey this year to rebound
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lackey regressed a little last year but not as much as his E.R.A. suggests. I think he'll do better but it worries me that his started walking more guys and striking out less. I don't want to look at his Pitch F/X but he had trouble getting guys to miss outside of the zone compared to previous years. He might need to re-work his breaking stuff to this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-18-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SHANE SPENECER AND RICKY LEDEE WAS THE BEST LF PLATOON EVER.
ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lackey's a terrible fit in Fenway. I chalked him up as a failure in Boston as soon as he signed. Beckett is the new Derek Lowe. He alternates good and bad years.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Lackey's a terrible fit in Fenway. I chalked him up as a failure in Boston as soon as he signed. Beckett is the new Derek Lowe. He alternates good and bad years.
Why do you think Lackey is a terrible fit for Fenway? I think it's kind of clear his stuff was a little diminished last year. His HR rate was similar so that wasn't the problem.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-19-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Is Ken Wilson the Mariners broadcaster? I was wondering what happened to that guy after the Blues let him go. Dude is awesome, he must of told every St. Louis sportscaster to suck his dick because I don' think I've seen him or heard him do an interview since he left and he was the Blues Broadcaster for 20 years.

I loved his "ohh babies" I loved it more when he would shout it out when nothing was happening, like

"Pronger with the puck, he leaves it for Courtnall Ohhoo Baby"

Man I'm jealous of the Mariners.
Yeah he is one of the announcers now. Hes also the president of the Summer Collegiate league I played in this past summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bert Blyleven and Dick Bremer are like your friend that you tell people that don't know them "You really have to know him". You know he's a weird guy, and that he's not that impressive, but you still like him anyways.
Old 03-19-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gomes - hitting .125
Sappelt - hitting .556

Guess who will be in LF......

I like what Gomes brings but he should be on the bench.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Gomes - hitting .125
Sappelt - hitting .556

Guess who will be in LF......

I like what Gomes brings but he should be on the bench.
Spring training stats really aren't the way to evaluate a player. Of course, Gomes doesn't belong as a starter anyways because his defense is pathetic, but still.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Spring training stats really aren't the way to evaluate a player. Of course, Gomes doesn't belong as a starter anyways because his defense is pathetic, but still.
Sappelt ate up the minors last year. Hit well over .300.
Doesn't have a lot of power, but has good speed and solid D.
In our park in LF, he doesn't need the best D. Especially with Stubbs and his wheels in CF.

We need a leadoff hitter in the worst way. If that comes in the form of a high OBP% LF without the power, I will take it.

And like I have made it clear, I love Gomes. He is a great team guy. Just not a starter.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-19-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sappelt ate up the minors last year. Hit well over .300.
Doesn't have a lot of power, but has good speed and solid D.
In our park in LF, he doesn't need the best D. Especially with Stubbs and his wheels in CF.

We need a leadoff hitter in the worst way. If that comes in the form of a high OBP% LF without the power, I will take it.

And like I have made it clear, I love Gomes. He is a great team guy. Just not a starter.
I don't really see Sappelt being much of an OBP guy right now, and I'd probably start Heisey in left personally.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 03-19-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I don't really see Sappelt being much of an OBP guy right now, and I'd probably start Heisey in left personally.
He definitely has room to improve on his walks but the fact that he could hit near .300 is better than most of our other options.
Stubbs - K's too much without a high average, so he isn't on enough.
Phillips - Much better as the 2nd. More comfortable.
Heisey - Needs to get better plate discipline. Has the potential.
Lewis - Might not make the team.
Hermeida - See above.

We really lack a lead off hitter.

Our best option in the minors is still at the very least 1 full year away from a September call up at best. Billy Hamilton. Slick with the glove. Hits for average. Fast as all hell.

That said, our minors have me really excited.
Devin Mesoraco is really living up to his potential lately.
.377 .587 .964 slash line across 3 levels of the minors (High A/AA/AAA)

Yorman Rodriguez is gonna be a stud.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-19-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Add in this about Hamilton:

The legend of Billy the Kid
2:25 pm, Mar 19, 2011 by jfay | 3 Comments
I was out on the back fields watching a little minor league batting practice this morning and heard a great story about Billy Hamilton from Billy Doran, the Reds’ assistant field coordinator.

“We were playing on this field the other day. The left fielder just lost a ball,” Doran said. “Billy took off. We were all like, ‘what’s he doing?’ He caught the ball over his shoulder, about 10 feet from warning track.”

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-19-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got my Twins tickets. Had to walk to the stadium because the online forum crashed. Woot.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Add in this about Hamilton:

The legend of Billy the Kid
2:25 pm, Mar 19, 2011 by jfay | 3 Comments
I was out on the back fields watching a little minor league batting practice this morning and heard a great story about Billy Hamilton from Billy Doran, the Reds’ assistant field coordinator.

“We were playing on this field the other day. The left fielder just lost a ball,” Doran said. “Billy took off. We were all like, ‘what’s he doing?’ He caught the ball over his shoulder, about 10 feet from warning track.”
This is probably a dumb question, but is Homer Bailey expected to make the team?
Old 03-20-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
This is probably a dumb question, but is Homer Bailey expected to make the team?
Yeah. Cueto has had some soreness in his biceps so he will likely start on the DL. Bailey is out of options.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 03-20-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

If they sent Bailey down, it would be beyond ********.

RIP TheManInBlack