Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-19-2011, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but that also means teams might get used to him 2 or 3 times around the league. If he's going to keep his groundball rate in the low 60's his k's can stay low and he'll be fine. I'm not ready to annoint him before it's even June.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speak of the devil: Good Fangraphs post on Morton.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...latoon-splits/

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-19-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this should probably go in the fantasy baseball section but who honestly checks that? Besides, it has to pertain to real baseball and may even provide a topic for discussion. I've been offered a trade:

I would get:
Felix Hernandez
Ryan Howard

I would give up:
Chris Carpenter
Prince Fielder
Carl Crawford

Obviously, I'm leaning towards declining this. However, I've been thinking more and more about the players as individuals instead of the package. How long before Crawford produces at a somewhat decent rate for the Red Sox? I spent a first rounder on him, and yes it was a terrible pick. Does it all depend on when Francona moves him back up to the top spot in the order? Because that would be bad news with how the Red Sox are playing now. He belongs in the top spot but wit Boston winning, why change it? So, with him batting in the 8 spot right now, his value is significantly decreased. Felix and Howard are just two superstars in unfortunate situations. Felix's team can't win yet alone give him run support and Howard's surrounding cast can't get on base. That leaves me Carpenter and Fielder. Carpenter has been beyond awful, maybe his age is catching up, but in all but two starts he's given up 8 or more hits. His K/BB rate is 42/17 and his ERA is barely below 5 while his WHIP hangs around 1.50. Prince is 27 and in a contract year, which is why I picked him and why I would have a problem giving him up.

/rant

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duffy looked a little to amped up/nervous in first ML start which is to be expected.did a good job limiting damage done...and Oh yeah did anyone see the Hos take Feliz deep?thing of beauty
Old 05-19-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Duffy looked a little to amped up/nervous in first ML start which is to be expected.did a good job limiting damage done...and Oh yeah did anyone see the Hos take Feliz deep?thing of beauty
Aside from the 6 walks he did fairly well. I have both Soria and Feliz so watching them both surrender runs yesterday was fun! Hosmer is a great talent, hope he can continue to improve.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pirates are beating the Reds like they did the Cubs last year. I like it.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I know this should probably go in the fantasy baseball section but who honestly checks that? Besides, it has to pertain to real baseball and may even provide a topic for discussion. I've been offered a trade:

I would get:
Felix Hernandez
Ryan Howard

I would give up:
Chris Carpenter
Prince Fielder
Carl Crawford

Obviously, I'm leaning towards declining this. However, I've been thinking more and more about the players as individuals instead of the package. How long before Crawford produces at a somewhat decent rate for the Red Sox? I spent a first rounder on him, and yes it was a terrible pick. Does it all depend on when Francona moves him back up to the top spot in the order? Because that would be bad news with how the Red Sox are playing now. He belongs in the top spot but wit Boston winning, why change it? So, with him batting in the 8 spot right now, his value is significantly decreased. Felix and Howard are just two superstars in unfortunate situations. Felix's team can't win yet alone give him run support and Howard's surrounding cast can't get on base. That leaves me Carpenter and Fielder. Carpenter has been beyond awful, maybe his age is catching up, but in all but two starts he's given up 8 or more hits. His K/BB rate is 42/17 and his ERA is barely below 5 while his WHIP hangs around 1.50. Prince is 27 and in a contract year, which is why I picked him and why I would have a problem giving him up.

/rant
It matters who you'd start if you lost Crawford. And the depth of a league. In deeper leagues, trading for a guy like Felix makes more sense because there are usually no pitchers left on waivers/free agency.

I'd lean toward keeping your three guys for three reasons:

1) I think Fielder will outperform Howard and could end up as a top five overall player this season.

2) It is almost impossible for Crawford not to improve

3) Pitching is not as important as hitting. Rape the waiver wire. You can get awesome pitchers there (off the top of my head - Chacin and Hudson last year, Hanson two years ago).

I am biased though because I drafted Fielder over Howard in my big league.

As for Carpenter, now that you're stuck with him I'd either ride it out (maybe bench him against tough matchups) or trade him for .50 cents on the dollar.

As for Crawford, you should never take a guy coming off a career year (inflating his value), changing teams, whose main asset is speed in the 2nd round. POWER POWER POWER and power/speed guys on offense win you championships.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Battle of the Bay today looks like the Giants will get a good taste of Cahill.
Old 05-20-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Following the BoSox/Cubs game via Gamecast while my son watches he's Brainy Baby dvd.

8-2 Sox and Cubs starter already out of the game in the 4th

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neil ******* Walker. That is all.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yesterday was kinda bitter sweet. My braves played one of their worst games of the season, but my 2nd team (boston) played one of their best.

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I just wanted to take one game from the Yanks in this series so I'm happy already. Anything else would be gravy now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2011, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Tigers are so infuriatingly streaky.

Win 7, lose 7, win 7, lose 7 .... WTF
Old 05-21-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Bautista is just unreal right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Bautista is just unreal right now.
Ya the Blue Jays got it right on Bautista, they got him for damn cheap while hes hitting like this.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's just too bad he probably isn't doing it naturally
Old 05-21-2011, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think he is. He pulls everything and his HR hitting ability coincides exactly when he changed his swing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-21-2011, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people are just completely clueless about PEDS.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really thought Justin Upton would be a lot better by now.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
I really thought Justin Upton would be a lot better by now.
He's not doing that bad right now. And the rest of his lineup sucks.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not doing bad, but I figured he'd be on the verge of superstardom by now. I mean he's not 19 anymore, he's been in the league 4 years.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Suck it, Detroit.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:31 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pineda is the man. 2 hits, 1 walk, 9 strikeouts 7 inning shutout. Against the Padres of course but still. Mariners starters have also been really good the last 8 games going at least 7 innings and giving up just 0.73 per game.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Pineda is the man. 2 hits, 1 walk, 9 strikeouts 7 inning shutout. Against the Padres of course but still. Mariners starters have also been really good the last 8 games going at least 7 innings and giving up just 0.73 per game.
Pineda is a future star. Between Felix, Pineda, and if they land a guy like Cole at number 2 in the draft this year they will have a scary pitching staff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lincecum was awesome tonight. Retired 21 straight at one point. And his last two pitches hit 95 and 96 in the ninth inning.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote