Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-13-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya I would not want to see the Mets switch leagues and go into a division like that.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That scenario would also create power divisions and very weak divisions. People hate it when 8-8 teams make the playoffs in football. This would allow mediocre to boderline bad teams in the playoffs.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Yeah, I know my plan is too radical but I don't see how it would drive fans off the deep end. I know that Milwaukee switching divisions in 1998 was off-the-wall at the time. I think radical change is needed in MLB just for competitive balance.
That many teams going from DH leagues to no DH leagues, or vice versa would create havoc.

Teams are built based on either having a DH or not, and it effects a lot more than simply having to send pitchers to the plate.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That scenario would also create power divisions and very weak divisions. People hate it when 8-8 teams make the playoffs in football. This would allow mediocre to borderline bad teams in the playoffs.
It'd be like D-Unit's WAR League, if anyone here is in it.

haha
Old 06-13-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
That many teams going from DH leagues to no DH leagues, or vice versa would create havoc.

Teams are built based on either having a DH or not, and it effects a lot more than simply having to send pitchers to the plate.
Obviously something would be done about the DH role if something THAT drastic were to happen. Basically I proposed how I would re-align baseball. And I'm in the camp that doesn't like the DH

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Ramon Santiago, walkoff double to win it in the 10th.

Tigers-Tribe tied for first. 3 game series starts tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just get rid of the DH, ******** to have 2 separate sets of rules for 1 league

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think just added a 2nd wild card team per league and playing a one game play in, in addition to balancing the scheulde would go a very long way in making it more competitive. But it's pretty competitive as is. Baseball gets about the same playoff tunrover as football. And it has had more teams win championships in the last 10 years than football has.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Obviously something would be done about the DH role if something THAT drastic were to happen. Basically I proposed how I would re-align baseball. And I'm in the camp that doesn't like the DH
Baseball would lose popularity if it did away with the Designated Hitter. No one pays to see the pitcher hit. It's just not good for drawing fan interest. There isn't one pitcher that demands much respect at the plate.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
just get rid of the DH, ******** to have 2 separate sets of rules for 1 league
If anything were to ever happen regarding the DH, you'd be smart to bet the farm on the NL adopting it.
Old 06-13-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MLB should go to two 15 team leagues. The 4 top teams make the playoffs and then the schedule could be broken down easily. A 1 game playoff is pointless.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The DH is **** by the way and it's one of two reasons why everyone thinks the AL is so much better.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-13-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they keep the DH in effect. I don't want to see my pitchers having to bat and baseball needs some excitement so having a capable hitter is better for the sport.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I like the strategy more than the runs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-13-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I like the strategy more than the runs.
But runs equals money. For the players and the owners. The DH is never leaving. It's how baseball is played worldwide now.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't disagree with what youre saying. The NL is more likely to adopt the DH than the AL is to lose it. I disagree with that though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-13-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Fenikz how come you don't pimp Drew more? He's been a top 5 SS all year and you haven't said a word about it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-13-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

We don't need pitchers getting hurt running the bases any more than it already happens in the NL. There is nothing fun about watching the pitchers hit.

I like the strategy and the purity (for lack of a better word) that having the pitchers bat creates, but from a practical standpoint (and a financial one), it makes no sense to get rid of the DH.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ehh I've never seen or heard of one pitcher getting hurt getting an AB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-13-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
It's happened. Position players are hurt all the time running them.

If you think it happens infrequently, it's only because they run the bases station to station making efforts not to get hurt by playing it safe.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chien-Ming Wang got hurt running the bases down in Houston in 2008. It happened in June and he was done for the year.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Ok well that's fine. The point still stand that SP's don't get hurt while batting or running the bases. If you want to argue that the offense is less because of it well that's obvious.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-13-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Chien-Ming Wang got hurt running the bases down in Houston in 2008. It happened in June and he was done for the year.
Once in a blue moon is what I should have said.

sig by BoneKrusher
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Someone got hurt doing the same last year too. Can't remember who though. This is way back but David Cone shattered his finger not bunting properly.
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Ok well that's fine. The point still stand that SP's don't get hurt while batting or running the bases. If you want to argue that the offense is less because of it well that's obvious.
If regular position players get hurt running the bases and at the plate, then pitchers will too. They don't operate in a magic bubble when not on the mound, haha.