Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
...why? Lowrie is contributor well, albeit not at the pace he was before due to injury. He'll be back after the All Star Break at the latest too. Scutaro is also having a real good year, quietly. Considering how much we have invested as an organization in Iglesias as well as the kind of contract we've given out recently, it's just not worth it at all. Those kind of rumors aren't even up here at all either, might be a localized thing.
No offense but you kind of lost credibility on the subject when you said Lowrie will out hit Reyes. I'm not the one bringing up the rumors the beat writers/reporters are. Also, Iglesias is terrible. Check the NESN site, they have a Reyes to the Red Sox thing up.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No offense but you kind of lost credibility on the subject when you said Lowrie will out hit Reyes. I'm not the one bringing up the rumors the beat writers/reporters are. Also, Iglesias is terrible. Check the NESN site, they have a Reyes to the Red Sox thing up.
Iglesias is an all world defender, so there's nothing wrong with essentially being Adam Everett 2.0.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure why there is this much backlash against trading for the best SS in baseball this year. Because of Jed freakin Lowrie?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Iglesias is an all world defender, so there's nothing wrong with essentially being Adam Everett 2.0.
Even still at best he's then a 2 WAR player. I have no idea why he's rated as highly as he is in the prospect world. Ruben Tejada is a little worse defensively and also can't hit for **** but you don't see me rating him as anything more than a decent backup.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Even still at best he's then a 2 WAR player. I have no idea why he's rated as highly as he is in the prospect world. Ruben Tejada is a little worse defensively and also can't hit for **** but you don't see me rating him as anything more than a decent backup.
Everett helped those pitching staffs in Houston much more than anything else there did, just throwing that out there. But being a Red Sox prospect doesn't hurt too much.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-21-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I agree with you and there is a place in the game for a great defender such as Iglesias but I don't understand all the love/hype he receives.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-21-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Couple things;

I never once said Lowrie will outhit Reyes. I said that he can produce close to him, which he did for a long period of time, so you're really twisting my words on that one. Might have said he was outhitting him at the time, but as I recall that was true. Reyes is bucking the trend that he was going in as well in a contract year, so a lot of credit to him, but he's still not worth the money he's going to command when that BABIP comes back down to earth and the money is in the bank. It just doesn't make much sense for us to go for a rental(Hopefully, anyway) when we've got guys producing at that position right now and a guy we're high on/have invested resources in down the in AAA.

Also, with all due respect, this "you lost your credibility" **** is seriously lame too. I don't want to be this guy, but people are wrong when talking sports all the time. It doesn't mean we need to go and say "YOU HAVE NO CREDABILItY" when someone we disagree with turns out to be wrong. I will admit that Lowrie has struggled more than I anticipated him to lately, but he's still giving offensive production for us when he's matched up right and not injured. Everything the team has said leads me to believe they're perfectly content with playing Scutaro for now and waiting for him to heal up.

Also NESN has is a question submitted by a reader, nothing by any of the writers. The NESN website isn't exactly all world as a source either, they've never really broken anything major and would probably be among the last to report some kind of potentially damaging rumor like that due to their close ties to the team. Hardly anything hard there.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-21-2011 at 05:36 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Twins are absolutely crushing Bumgarner right now. 8 straight hits to start the game.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welp, winning that World Series was fun. This year, not smuch.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Welp, winning that World Series was fun. This year, not smuch.

Tejada/Hall might be the worst defensive middle infield ever.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks. I'm feeling much better now.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Thanks. I'm feeling much better now.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:20 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WILY MO
http://t.co/P2tdN5Q

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Tejada/Hall might be the worst defensive middle infield ever.
But Tejada offsets it by getting on base a lot.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-21-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But Tejada offsets it by getting on base a lot.
I sure hope this was sarcasm.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
I sure hope this was sarcasm.

You mean a .248 OBP isn't good?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
You mean a .248 OBP isn't good?
Well, that is above average for our lineup at the moment

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 06-22-2011 at 12:15 AM.
hawkeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:10 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a more underrated player over he past 10-12 years than Paul Konerko? He has some very good numbers over that time, quietly averages .282 BA, .356 OBP, 30 HRs, 94 RBIs, 25 2b's and is having a very good season right now.

Last edited by no bare feet : 06-22-2011 at 07:12 AM.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Couple things;

I never once said Lowrie will outhit Reyes. I said that he can produce close to him, which he did for a long period of time, so you're really twisting my words on that one. Might have said he was outhitting him at the time, but as I recall that was true. Reyes is bucking the trend that he was going in as well in a contract year, so a lot of credit to him, but he's still not worth the money he's going to command when that BABIP comes back down to earth and the money is in the bank. It just doesn't make much sense for us to go for a rental(Hopefully, anyway) when we've got guys producing at that position right now and a guy we're high on/have invested resources in down the in AAA.

Also, with all due respect, this "you lost your credibility" **** is seriously lame too. I don't want to be this guy, but people are wrong when talking sports all the time. It doesn't mean we need to go and say "YOU HAVE NO CREDABILItY" when someone we disagree with turns out to be wrong. I will admit that Lowrie has struggled more than I anticipated him to lately, but he's still giving offensive production for us when he's matched up right and not injured. Everything the team has said leads me to believe they're perfectly content with playing Scutaro for now and waiting for him to heal up.

Also NESN has is a question submitted by a reader, nothing by any of the writers. The NESN website isn't exactly all world as a source either, they've never really broken anything major and would probably be among the last to report some kind of potentially damaging rumor like that due to their close ties to the team. Hardly anything hard there.
Here is what you said:

Quote:
Lowrie will likely out hit Reyes this year if given the amount of AB's necessary anyway, so it's a moot point
Soo umm yeah you did say he would out hit him. Also, obviously he isn't going to continue to hit like this but it a top 3 SS in baseball who can hit and field so he's worth the money more than others. It doesn't matter it's not like I want to trade him so I hope he stays I'm just saying we're going to hear rumors as the deadline approaches.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jose Reyes <3 for Cakes
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Soo umm yeah you did say he would out hit him. Also, obviously he isn't going to continue to hit like this but it a top 3 SS in baseball who can hit and field so he's worth the money more than others. It doesn't matter it's not like I want to trade him so I hope he stays I'm just saying we're going to hear rumors as the deadline approaches.
At the time, we were also talking about a guy putting up an .800+ OPS. I don't think that's unreasonable at all to think Lowrie could do that. He's done it over a 250+ AB sample size before. I'm fairly certain we had a conversation where we talked about how Reyes is the more valuable player because of his defense and such anyway, but I can't track it down. Reyes is a very good player, but he's not worth the money it would take the secure him next season, or the prospects it would take to get him as a rental. Especially when we're getting more than enough production from what we've got already and have help coming from AAA in a few years. Iglesias will never be a star with the bat, but he's a 21 year old in AAA. Not out of the question that he could turn it around and float close to .700 as a hitter in the bigs...according to what scouts have to say anyway. We've also invested far more into him than most prospects(8M+) so that in conjunction with statements made by Theo and the player development cost makes me pretty damn certain we're at least going to see what we get from the finished product.

There's also nothing around here in the way of rumors like you said. It's a reader question to the NESN website, which is owned by the Red Sox, and wouldn't ever really publish some kind of rumor like that in the early stages of a trade. The conclusion by the writer was even that it wouldn't make sense. Some thing from the Boston Globe. It's all just fan speculation at this point, nothing hard at all. Considering I've read questions submitted by fans to those websites asking if he can trade Daisuke for various top level MLB hitters, it's really nothing to base a "trade rumor" off. Speculation? I guess. But it's hardly high level speculation or important speculation even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Pretty interesting that Justin Smoak and Mitch Moreland are having such similar years so far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-22-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice win for the Yankees in a game that Girardi was basically conceding with the lineup he put out.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Nice win for the Yankees in a game that Girardi was basically conceding with the lineup he put out.
Banner game for Ramiro Pena.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Banner game for Ramiro Pena.
Were the errors ugly? I followed online at work. I don't know why Girardi didn't flip positions with Nunez and have Pena play his natural SS. Nunez can be brutal everywhere. Might as well have one out of position than two.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote