Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-26-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone please tell me why the Cubs won't just suck it up already, have a fire sale and go into rebuild mode building around Castro? They finally have they're young star, but he is all alone and they refuse to get young. I mean, truthfully with the crap they have now they couldn't even get that many top prospects if they wanted to, but what they have now isn't working. I don't see why every year they act like they're contenders and go after 1 or 2 2nd tier FAs as if they are 1 piece away from ending this drought.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pirates are exposing Youkalis at 3rd. Playing in, easy play on a routine sacrifice and he doesn't get there in time. Really sucks because Miller needed an out desperately there.

Oh, and then Youk gets eaten up on another hop.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-26-2011 at 02:19 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Can someone please tell me why the Cubs won't just suck it up already, have a fire sale and go into rebuild mode building around Castro? They finally have they're young star, but he is all alone and they refuse to get young. I mean, truthfully with the crap they have now they couldn't even get that many top prospects if they wanted to, but what they have now isn't working. I don't see why every year they act like they're contenders and go after 1 or 2 2nd tier FAs as if they are 1 piece away from ending this drought.
I think they should've blown it up last year. The problem is that they have so many albatross contracts on their books. They can trade Fukudome and Pena to contenders this year if they want to eat some of the money. Zambrano is making a ton of money for the next two years, Soriano is getting $18 million for the next three years, Ramirez has a club option which they probably won't renew and he's making $14 million this year, they might be able to get something for Marlon Byrd in the offseason, Dempster has a player option for 2012.
They're not going to get much out of these guys if other teams have to pay them a ton, and the guys are old. I doubt that the prospects that they get will be of much help in that case.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another real solid outing for Miller. Should have only given up a run, if not for Youk's crap tier defense. Don't like how down on himself he gets though. Body language for athletes is overrated, but you can tell he gets way too upset when he walks a guy or something. Not pissed either, he just looks kind of defeated. You can really tell he's damaged goods in a lot of ways.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 06-26-2011 at 02:56 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh...I'll give Youk a pass this year. He transformed his body to play 1B. I think he'll get it together.
Old 06-26-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Eh...I'll give Youk a pass this year. He transformed his body to play 1B. I think he'll get it together.
It still kind of sucks that he's costing us runs right now. At least 2 this series directly, possibly 4 on iffy plays.

He's playing hurt too though, so his range is a little bit limited more than it was.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 06-26-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Another real solid outing for Miller. Should have only given up a run, if not for Youk's crap tier defense. Don't like how down on himself he gets though. Body language for athletes is overrated, but you can tell he gets way too upset when he walks a guy or something. Not pissed either, he just looks kind of defeated. You can really tell he's damaged goods in a lot of ways.
We pretty much ruined him a bit, along with Maybin, Porcello, Ryan Perry, and Andy Oliver to some degree. We have ****** judgement lately with calling up guys.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's more like an organizational flaw.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:13 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whelp the dodgers made it official and filed for bankruptcy....

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...ory?id=6708046

....Bring on Mark Cuban!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ethier and Looney to the Pirates, please!!!
Old 06-27-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Ethier and Looney to the Pirates, please!!!
Neither!!! You can have Loney if Albert or Prince decide to come this off-season lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
It still kind of sucks that he's costing us runs right now. At least 2 this series directly, possibly 4 on iffy plays.

He's playing hurt too though, so his range is a little bit limited more than it was.
It's hard to fault the best offense in the majors though . . .
Old 06-27-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loney sucks why would you want him?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Neither!!! You can have Loney if Albert or Prince decide to come this off-season lol.
They'll probably want to go to a team that can actually pay them every month lol.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Loney sucks why would you want him?
He's pretty solid away from LA, so he could be decent.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-27-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's pretty solid away from LA, so he could be decent.
5th worst hitting 1B in baseball. An 88 wrc+ is really really bad.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
HOME AND AWAY SPLITS ZAK. It's like you don't listen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-27-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yes. Don't be dumb Brody. And on the subject, it's a goddamned travesty if Jose isn't starting in the AS game. So go vote for him. Now. Do it.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
HOME AND AWAY SPLITS ZAK. It's like you don't listen.
wrc+ is park adjusted!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I know it is, but Loney is a strange case. He's always hit very well (except this year for some reason) away from LA even though it's not THAT much of a pitcher's park. It'd be an interesting thing to watch if he ever leaves, but LA overvalues the **** out of him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-27-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Yes. Don't be dumb Brody. And on the subject, it's a goddamned travesty if Jose isn't starting in the AS game. So go vote for him. Now. Do it.
He's closed the gap but it's going to be hard to make up a 250,00 vote difference in 4 days. Besides that the NL voting is pretty good besides Kemp not being in the top 3. Pujols is Pujols so I can't argue that even though Votto and Prince are having better offensive years.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I know it is, but Loney is a strange case. He's always hit very well (except this year for some reason) away from LA even though it's not THAT much of a pitcher's park. It'd be an interesting thing to watch if he ever leaves, but LA overvalues the **** out of him.
I don't know why they keep trotting him out there. It's like they think he's going to turn into Mark Grace or something.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 06-27-2011, 05:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And so do you, because he sucks.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loney is better than Overbay. That's all I need to know.
Old 06-27-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How's that Twins comeback going?

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote