Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-01-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
i love the future of the Jays.

sign Aramis Ramirez and Hiroki Kuroda or Mark Buehrle
I have been saying the Cubs should move Ramirez to 1B for years now. He has the bat to stick their, his glove may need some work though.

As for Buehrle, he will either retire or go play for the Cardinals once he is done with his current contract.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I have been saying the Cubs should move Ramirez to 1B for years now. He has the bat to stick their, his glove may need some work though.
Not really. He's an above average hitter, but it's not much better than average at first base. The Blue Jays need to go for Pujols or Fielder if they want to make a difference.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bloomquist SS
Johnson 2B
Upton RF
Montero C
Young CF
Roberts 3B
Goldschmidt 1B
Parra LF
Kennedy RHP

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Ramirez wouldn't really be a big move for the Jays. Prince and Joey Bats, watch out.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to the Giants game tonight. Biggest series of the year vs AZ. Time to put the nail in the coffin. Go Giants!!
Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrek Lee just hit the **** out of a ball for his first Pirate home run.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got one better. Saltalamacchia just hit a broken bat homerun to right field.

He's also OPS'ing over .800 now. I am pleased.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking of starting a standup comedy career. My first joke would be to point out that Adam Dunn only has THREE hits off left-handed pitchers this year.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrek Lee has two home runs tonight lol.
Old 08-01-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<<< --------- (my avatar)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:42 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Astros actually won a game.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IPKFTMFW!!!a

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kennedy has some nasty stuff....

Good thing we have Timmy tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Nyjer Morgan sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo much. **** him, if a Cardinal throws at his head he will instantly become my 2nd favorite Cardinal.

BTW, my hatrid of the moron dates back to last year when he was a Nat and not cuz he is a member of the Brewers. But yeah, tonight fueled my hateraid. I mean just watch his incoherent press conference.

Last edited by yodabear : 08-02-2011 at 01:25 AM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I hate Nyjer Morgan sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooo much. **** him, if a Cardinal throws at his head he will instantly become my 2nd favorite Cardinal.

BTW, my hatrid of the moron dates back to last year when he was a Nat and not cuz he is a member of the Brewers. But yeah, tonight fueled my hateraid. I mean just watch his incoherent press conference.
Nyjer is pretty annoying. Did you see his interview last night on sportscenter? How is that funny? just annoying and dumb.

Hopefully the Cardinals can bounce back tonight, Jaime needs to pitch his A-game tonight. still 11 more games of Cardinals vs Brewers, so the division is there for the taking.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:38 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post

Nyjer is awesome, leave him alone!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I'm thinking of starting a standup comedy career. My first joke would be to point out that Adam Dunn only has THREE hits off left-handed pitchers this year.
i think chicago should keep sending adam dunn out there just to see how unreachable for future hitters he can make that record for worst season ever by a hitter.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i think chicago should keep sending adam dunn out there just to see how unreachable for future hitters he can make that record for worst season ever by a hitter.
I've never seen a hitter so clueless as to when CC faced Dunn last night. He was just flailing at the ball.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Nyjer is pretty annoying. Did you see his interview last night on sportscenter? How is that funny? just annoying and dumb.

Hopefully the Cardinals can bounce back tonight, Jaime needs to pitch his A-game tonight. still 11 more games of Cardinals vs Brewers, so the division is there for the taking.
Dude was excited! It was quite funny.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox are not ruling Buchholz out for the year quite yet. Unlikely, but he could come back for the playoffs. Really hope he's a quick healer, because he's a difference maker pitching twice in a seven game series. Desire won't be a problem, like with Ellsbury last year. Apparently tried to persuade the organization to let him pitch even after getting the medical. The injury had apparently occurred earlier and he was pitching with it the entire time too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-02-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Red Sox are not ruling Buchholz out for the year quite yet. Unlikely, but he could come back for the playoffs. Really hope he's a quick healer, because he's a difference maker pitching twice in a seven game series. Desire won't be a problem, like with Ellsbury last year. Apparently tried to persuade the organization to let him pitch even after getting the medical. The injury had apparently occurred earlier and he was pitching with it the entire time too.
Good luck with Bedard. Here's a guy who has close to top of the rotation stuff but the make up of a golfer and not a very competitive one at that. He got a little better this year in trying to get deeper into games but a year or two ago he'd pretty much drop the glove on the ground when he reached 100 pitches.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does the Sox/Tribe game look like it's going to be postponed or is there a chance this delay ends soon?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Good luck with Bedard. Here's a guy who has close to top of the rotation stuff but the make up of a golfer and not a very competitive one at that. He got a little better this year in trying to get deeper into games but a year or two ago he'd pretty much drop the glove on the ground when he reached 100 pitches.
Yeah, I've gathered some of that by now. He addressed the media today and you could just tell he wanted absolutely nothing to do with the entire thing. Not that I care, or should care even, but I get the makeup concerns. If he can give us some quality innings while Lackey continues to sort himself out(He's been a lot better lately) and we get healthy, I'll be pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Does the Sox/Tribe game look like it's going to be postponed or is there a chance this delay ends soon?
Just talked to someone who drove through it. More is headed towards Fenway. Might be a 9 kind of deal.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right on. I just want this over with. To be honest, I just hope we don't give a no-hitter and I won't be upset. Never know though, David Huff has made refinements in his game and may give this Sox a run. Hopefully we find out tonight.

I just want friday to get here so 'Baldo can get things started.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post

As for Buehrle, he will either retire or go play for the Cardinals once he is done with his current contract.
Up until about half way through last season, ARam had been an above average 3B defensively. I don't really know where you got that he needed work with his glove anytime before the past year.

Now though, he will probably need to move somewhere because he's getting older and slower. But he has not needed to move "for years".
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote