Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-10-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
5 players you would keep right now if you are starting from day 1 for your team..

Orioles - Cakes, Jones, Wieters, Arrieta and then Matusz/Hardy? Nobody else to keep even though Pie is a boss.
You'd keep Nick? Then again there isn't much to choose from. I'd rather take my chances with Hardy staying healthy and repeating this year.

For the Yankees: Cano, Granderson, CC, Robertson, and the last is hard. I guess Tex by default.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
5 players you would keep right now if you are starting from day 1 for your team..

Orioles - Cakes, Jones, Wieters, Arrieta and then Matusz/Hardy? Nobody else to keep even though Pie is a boss.
Mets - Reyes, Wright, Davis, Niese, and Parnell.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You'd keep Nick? Then again there isn't much to choose from. I'd rather take my chances with Hardy staying healthy and repeating this year.

For the Yankees: Cano, Granderson, CC, Robertson, and the last is hard. I guess Tex by default.
Gardner!!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Gardner!!!
I thought about it over Tex. But If I could only have 5 I'd take Tex over Gardner only because I already have a CF and I'd want power.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GF is right, I'm taking the cost controlled players.

Gardner, Cano (slightly more expensive), Nova, Banuelos and Montero.

Yea I took 2 players that never played in the majors. Oh well. If no CC opt out, replace Nova with him.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
GF is right, I'm taking the cost controlled players.

Gardner, Cano (slightly more expensive), Nova, Banuelos and Montero.

Yea I took 2 players that never played in the majors. Oh well. If no CC opt out, replace Nova with him.
Cost controlled players? Haha, whose budget are you working with here? A team of cost controlled players, gets you 70 something wins.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't think cost controlled matters in this exercise anyway. I just think going forward Gardner will be worth more than Tex.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Cost controlled players? Haha, whose budget are you working with here? A team of cost controlled players, gets you 70 something wins.

If you could tell me to take 5 players from this team, and I get to spend the rest of budget my way, I'm taking 5 fairly cheap players, unless I'm getting CC for 4 more years.

With those 5 players, Yankees get to spend 180 million. :)
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cubs: Starlin Castro, Matt Garza, Geovany Soto, Andrew Cashner, Sean Marshall

not an impressive list.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Braves currently in majors: Hanson, Kimbrel, Heyward, Freeman, McCann

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brewers: Braun, Fielder, Weeks, Gallardo and Greinke.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox;

Lester, Ellsbury, Pedroia, Gonzalez, Buchholz

That was actually pretty easy.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D'Backs - Upton, Bauer, Skaggs, Parker, Bradley

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't think we were doing minor leaguers.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why is that a burn, 4/5 of them are in the minors

Majors only: Upton, Hudson, Kennedy, Drew, Montero

Old 08-10-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
why is that a burn, 4/5 of them are in the minors

Majors only: Upton, Hudson, Kennedy, Drew, Montero
Haha yeah that wasn't meant to be a joke obviously.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we're doing minor leagues, I'm doing a separate list;

Matt Barnes, Will Middlebrooks, Xander Bogaerts, Brandon Jacobs, and Ryan Kalish.

Not any sort of ranking system, just guys I think have a good chance of being effective players. Xander Bogaerts is a lottery ticket, but he's a toolsy power hitting short stop ticket.

Anthony Ranaudo has sucked pretty hard so far.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol im kidding fenikz. clearly being an O's fan has caused my brain to fry.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Minor leaguers for Mets would be Harvey, Wheeler, Familia, Mejia, and Nimmo I guess.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 08-10-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lincecum, Cain, Bumgarner, Posey, Sandoval.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Bauer 1st 3 starts in High A (Cal League)

2 IP 0 ER 1 H 3 K 1 BB
3 IP 2 ER 2 H 6 K 3 BB
4 IP 1 ER 4 H 8 K 0 BB

17 K/9 right now :D

Old 08-10-2011, 03:46 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 08-10-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tigers: Cabrera, Verlander, Boesch, Porcello, Valverde

With Minors: Cabrera, Verlander, Jacob Turner, Boesch, Castellanos
Old 08-10-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont even think I can make a "keep 5" list. Braves are stacked with young talent.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote