Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-18-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
It is so bad that Mauer will be starting in RF...

Yeah I really can't see him being good there, he seems to be slower now than when he first came up. Long term I'd like to see us give him a shot at third.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember that time you traded a legitimate shortstop for two relievers? Yeah, that was ********.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Remember that time you traded a legitimate shortstop for two relievers? Yeah, that was ********.

Given Bill Smith's insistence on trading or trying to trade quality players for relievers it's pretty embarrassing how bad our bullpen actually is.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair; if we're talking about trending, Hardy was slugging under .400 for two years and was constantly dealing with some sort of injury. He looked like he was on his way towards being cooked.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
To be fair; if we're talking about trending, Hardy was slugging under .400 for two years and was constantly dealing with some sort of injury. He looked like he was on his way towards being cooked.
Well we signed him knowing he had injury concerns, and we only gave him one year.

If we give up on Hardy after a year and give Nishioka another chance that's ridiculous. That's probably what will happen though.
Old 08-18-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
He was still a quality defensive shortstop, and they traded for Jim Hoey (who is just awful) and Brett Jacobson, a non-prospect.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah I really can't see him being good there, he seems to be slower now than when he first came up. Long term I'd like to see us give him a shot at third.
That would be awesome to have a legitimate third baseman (**** you Valencia). We have so many holes it's ridiculous. Once Smith gets the **** out of the front office things should look up. Hopefully.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
That would be awesome to have a legitimate third baseman (**** you Valencia). We have so many holes it's ridiculous. Once Smith gets the **** out of the front office things should look up. Hopefully.
Valencia is a ****** loser self absorbed asshole who doesn't back it up on the field. Seriously one of my least favorite Twins ever.

Our biggest problem is our rotation. Everyone but Baker needs to go, I have no faith in Liriano he's a ****** basketcase and the rest are pitch to contact guys with no stuff, they all go on stretches where they get lucky and fool everyone into thinking they're good but they're just not.

Middle infield right now obviously is just abysmal. Casilla was decent at times this year so I'd be willing to give him a shot at a full season next year but SS is a mess. I really have no clue what we're going to do with the Kubel/Cuddyer situation but I really hope we don't sign both and I really hope we don't let them both go. If I had to pick I'd say resign Kubel because Cuddyer just screams regression next year and he's a bit older. Chances are Cuddy is back though and Kubel is gone.

Overall there is really no reason we should be this bad again next year as long as we find some cheap relief help which is easy. Injuries and poor performance from our stars that most likely won't happen again is a big part of our horrible year. The overall roster outside of the stupid Hardy move isn't that much different from the 94 win team last year.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone in the Giants lineup gives me a headache.

Poor Timmy, throws a great game and it gets pissed away by the Giants double A lineup.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Batting Orlando Cabrera second is just terrible.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah. That's like if the Tigers batted Magglio Ordonez 3rd or something.

Preposterous.
Old 08-18-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Everyone in the Giants lineup gives me a headache.

Poor Timmy, throws a great game and it gets pissed away by the Giants double A lineup.
Lincecum's last 12 starts:

3 earned runs allowed: 1 time
2 earned runs allowed: 2 times
1 earned run allowed: 6 times
0 earned runs allowed: 3 times

Giants record in those 12 starts: 6-6

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Lincecum's last 12 starts:

3 earned runs allowed: 1 time
2 earned runs allowed: 2 times
1 earned run allowed: 6 times
0 earned runs allowed: 3 times

Giants record in those 12 starts: 6-6
Don't worry, next week Lincecum is going to pistol whip Orlando Cabrera, Miguel Tejada, Aaron Rowand, Eli Whiteside, and Mark DeRosa in succession. Also, pinch hitting DeRosa over Belt was kinda ********.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do we have any Marlins fans here?

Does Matt Dominguez get the call when he returns from the hamstring injury? Or do they let he recover, play out the season at New Orleans, rest and recover, then start the 2012 season as the Marlins every day third baseman?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broddy, are you saying Bruce Bochey is a ******* tard of a manager?

I think the entire galaxy would agree with you.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah, what's with managers loving OCab? in Cleveland he'd bat 2nd, 5th, or 6th every game when he should've been hitting at the bottom of the order.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
yeah, what's with managers loving OCab? in Cleveland he'd bat 2nd, 5th, or 6th every game when he should've been released
I fixed that for you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 08-18-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was still a quality defensive shortstop, and they traded for Jim Hoey (who is just awful) and Brett Jacobson, a non-prospect.
Bad trade, not denying it. But it was hard to project Hardy to hit anywhere near the level he is now. So it looks AWFUL right now, but circumstances have changed in a major way for Hardy since the trade. You don't find a guy who slugs over a hundred points higher than he did in nearly 800+ AB's every day, let alone one with major injury issues. Twins got a bad return on the trade for an above average SS, but I can see why they gave up on him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillies = good :(

but Goldschimdt with another HR up to 293/353/596

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Phillies = good :(
I would sig quote this if I wanted even more reason for everyone to hate me. First reason would be because I'm a Packers fan.

Actually might do it.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...video_18172453

video of Goldy's HR, don't think many get out there

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lineup has a lot of lefties so the right field deck gets most of the play and our rightiess don't really have that kind of power. Howard was the last guy I remember getting the ball all the way out there, though. That's a shot.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
yeah, what's with managers loving OCab? in Cleveland he'd bat 2nd, 5th, or 6th every game when he should've been hitting at the bottom of the order.
Same thing when he was in Oakland. He was hitting 1st or 2nd almost the whole time he was here even though he was terrible. Maybe he gets dirty pictures of every manager he plays for so he can hit wherever he wants.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing with Cabrera batting 2nd now is that their is no one else that can. It was between him and Tejada.

Keppinger and Fontenot should bat 2nd for the rest of the year.

Last edited by hawkeye123 : 08-19-2011 at 12:56 AM.
hawkeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
The thing with Cabrera batting 2nd now is that their is no one else that can. It's between him and Tejada.

Keppinger and Fontenot should bat 2nd for the rest of the year.
Schierholtz, Belt, and Fontenot/Keppinger are perfectly fine choices over those two assclowns.

RIP TheManInBlack