Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-30-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I actually agree with you. I never understood why teams keep so many RP's on the roster in the postseason.
Especially if you have a generally good bullpen. Between Mo, Robertson, and Soriano, the last 3 innings are on lockdown. We have a lefty, a long man. I see no reason to keep both Wade and Ayala. An extra pinch runner just seems more useful. A player like that could win a game late. Wade or Ayala aren't winning anything.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It was impossible to fire Torre. But it had to be done. Francona is similar in that I think he's almost been there for too long. Scouts were saying the players were getting fat and having too much control in the locker room.
That actually looks like a potentially major storyline in all of this. It's been floated around for the past month or and laughed off by most of Red Sox fans internet presence...but we've got reports coming out that certain pitchers were drinking in the clubhouse in rather copious amounts. We've also got reports coming out with something along the lines of "The Red Sox have one of the best conditioning staffs in baseball but nobody was willing to use it" and I tend to believe it.

In any case, Tito basically admitted something went really wrong in that clubhouse. By the information trickle coming out, we're going to find out. There was some big blowout after the Beckett ankle game in Toronto supposedly.

Oh, and I really hope we use this to examine the issue of payroll. Only 4 of the 12 teams with a 100M+ payroll actually made the playoffs. Bloated salaries and high priced free agents clearly don't guarantee success.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-30-2011 at 10:30 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Ahhhhhhh hell yea. I'm driving this mofo. D-Unit is riding shotgun. Hop on b!tches.
Pshhh... You were just a yellow bus that said Borat's Bandwagon until I gave you the tires and painted on the Rangers logos. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Tito thing might not be signed and sealed quite yet. Still some life left in that. They had a meeting today. No word on how it went down, but it's possible Tito might be the one who wants out and the Sox are trying to talk him into staying. I'm really 50/50 on this one. He did lose the clubhouse....but we aren't going to find a better manager out there. There's some intriguing options like Dave Martinez...but nothing guaranteed. Bobby Valentine is NOT happening though, contrary to media speculation. He's quite possibly the worst possible fit here.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the BrewCrew in 6 over the Rangers because of this guy:

Last edited by no bare feet : 09-30-2011 at 11:08 AM.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Apparently the Tito thing might not be signed and sealed quite yet. Still some life left in that. They had a meeting today. No word on how it went down, but it's possible Tito might be the one who wants out and the Sox are trying to talk him into staying. I'm really 50/50 on this one. He did lose the clubhouse....but we aren't going to find a better manager out there. There's some intriguing options like Dave Martinez...but nothing guaranteed. Bobby Valentine is NOT happening though, contrary to media speculation. He's quite possibly the worst possible fit here.
Lets get John Farrell back!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:37 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Especially if you have a generally good bullpen. Between Mo, Robertson, and Soriano, the last 3 innings are on lockdown. We have a lefty, a long man. I see no reason to keep both Wade and Ayala. An extra pinch runner just seems more useful. A player like that could win a game late. Wade or Ayala aren't winning anything.
Teams keep guys like that in the scenario that they get beat up in a game so that they dont have to burn anyone special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Teams keep guys like that in the scenario that they get beat up in a game so that they dont have to burn anyone special.
I assume that's why Burnett is here.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
I got the BrewCrew in 6 over the Rangers because of this guy:

I want to kick him in the nuts and piss on his face.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are the Tigers keeping 3 catchers on their playoff roster? And Brad Penny?
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Martinez can't catch really. And you'd lose the DH if he had to.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
They're using the vaunted baseball strategy of wasting roster spots on people that will never play?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're right. I guess I'm more confused about Penny.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Martinez can't catch really. And you'd lose the DH if he had to.
Leyland insists he's healthy enough to catch. Inge and Don Kelly could catch if absolutely necessary.

I loathe the decision to put Santon on the roster instead of Danny Worth (who can backup all infield positions and play plus defense at 3B and 2B, also lay down a bunt, pinch run). Santos only plays if Avila gets the bubonic plague and otherwise offers nothing.

Penny is a dumb move too given how terrible he's been and that he is not a reliever in any possible interpretation of what a reliever should be. But Pauley and Below weren't exactly on top of their games lately either.

Ugh.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My predictions:

Tigers over Yankees in 5
Rangers over Rays in 5

Phillies over Cardinals in 4
Brewers over Diamondbacks in 4

Tigers over Rangers in 7
Phillies over Brewers in 6

Phillies over Tigers in 5 (Damn it)

Last edited by Xiomera : 09-30-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Xiomera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My predictions:

Yankees over Tigers in 5
Rangers over Rays in 4

Phillies over Cardinals in 3
Brewers over D'Backs in 4

Rangers over Yankees in 6

Phillies over Rangers in 5

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yankees over Tigers in 5
Rangers over Rays in 4
Phillies over Cardinals in 3
Brewers over Diamondbacks in 5

Yankees over Rangers in 6
Phillies over Brewers in 5

Phillies over Yankees in 6

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going Braves over the Red Sox in 6.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I'm going Braves over the Red Sox in 6.
Must have slept through all of September...haha

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Must have slept through all of September...haha
I think that was the joke...

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I think that was the joke...
Yeah I know....

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-30-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I Think He Was Serious. Everything Is Literal!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
My predictions:

Tigers over Yankees in 5
Rangers over Rays in 5

Phillies over Cardinals in 4
Brewers over Diamondbacks in 4

Tigers over Rangers in 7

Phillies over Tigers in 5 (Damn it)
The only difference we have in outcomes is I got the Tigers beating the Rays, not the Rangers.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tigers over Yankees in 4
Rangers over Rays in 4

Phillies over Cards in 3
Brewers over D'Backs in 4

Tigers over Rangers in 6

Brewers over Phillies in 6

Tigers over Brewers in 6

WWWYKI.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Tigers over Yankees in 4? Pssh, like you can really beat us twice without Verlander.