Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-05-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Milwaukee...
It was said that they weren't really suitors for him, though.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8 Killa View Post
Rumour is that Fielder has narrowed his options to 3 teams: Brewers, Rangers, and Jays, with the Jays being the early favourites.
Rangers value hitting over starting pitching, but I think they will roll the dice with Moreland/Young at 1B. I think they are being mentioned just to drive up his asking price when in reality they aren't going for him.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marlins offer Pujols TEN YEAR Contact.Yeah that would'nt come back to bit them later in the deal
Old 12-06-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol ten year contract.. sounds like a genius idea.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Marlins are going to go bankrupt before that team is ready to contend. Jesus.

Oh, and I wanted Kevin Slowey. Don't ask why because I don't know, but I wanted him. Maybe it's because he's from Pittsburgh and I think he'd do better in the NL Central and not at Coors.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, i'm sure they're gonna start seeing some steady streams of revenue with their relocation and increased marketing value, but i really don't know if it'll be enough to compensate for the HUGE increase in payroll they're looking at.

As of now, it isn't known if Pujols was given a no-trade clause, but that could be really important a few years down the line when this blows up in their face and they're paying a 36 year old Pujols $20M+
Old 12-06-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well, i'm sure they're gonna start seeing some steady streams of revenue with their relocation and increased marketing value, but i really don't know if it'll be enough to compensate for the HUGE increase in payroll they're looking at.

As of now, it isn't known if Pujols was given a no-trade clause, but that could be really important a few years down the line when this blows up in their face and they're paying a 36 year old Pujols $20M+
Even if they see a boost in revenue stream, my guess it would only be temporary. A new fad that will die down quickly. They just don't care enough down there to consistently fill any ballpark.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let the rebuilding begin.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...-nestor-molina
What can Jays fans tell me about Nestor Molina? I hear decent, but not great, stuff, and a lot of deception. The Sox did hire Marco Paddy from the Jays, so this might have been his idea.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Marlins actually win in the new stadium, people will go to the games. I don't think people realize how miserable it was watching a baseball game at Dolphins Stadium. That said, giving Pujols 10 years right now is freaking stupid.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know what the Marlins are thinking, but I think it's interesting for the game of baseball.

I thought the Reyes signing was a mistake because the guy's game is built of speed... and if there's one thing with age it's that you lose your speed faster than anything else.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't know what the Marlins are thinking, but I think it's interesting for the game of baseball.

I thought the Reyes signing was a mistake because the guy's game is built of speed... and if there's one thing with age it's that you lose your speed faster than anything else.
That and he's only had 3 really good season out of 8.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

It's OK to spend a billion dollars in free agency, but it's not to spend money in the draft. Baseball's financial system is a joke. It's ruining smaller market teams. Might as well contract them at this rate.

Maybe I'm just bitter because the Pirates suck and will probably continue to suck till when my children's children have children.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
It's OK to spend a billion dollars in free agency, but it's not to spend money in the draft. Baseball's financial system is a joke. It's ruining smaller market teams. Might as well contract them at this rate.

Maybe I'm just bitter because the Pirates suck and will probably continue to suck till when my children's children have children.
They did up the luxury tax. Enough so where the Yankees have already stated by 2013 they plan to be under it because they are done giving millions of dollars away to team like the Pirates amongst others.

Overall, I'm surprised the players rushed so quickly into this deal. It seems like it's only going to keep player's contracts down.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 12-06-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
That and he's only had 3 really good season out of 8.
He was rushed up quickly so it's not fair to count his first few years. He's a top 3 SS in the game and got signed for pretty cheap all things considered.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th round pick if they sign Pujols GF?

Ouch.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
He was rushed up quickly so it's not fair to count his first few years. He's a top 3 SS in the game and got signed for pretty cheap all things considered.
He is top 3. But SS is weak all around. Probably the weakest position in baseball currently. No need to overpay at that position. If it was so cheap, why did no one else seem to want him?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Let the rebuilding begin.
http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story...-nestor-molina
What can Jays fans tell me about Nestor Molina? I hear decent, but not great, stuff, and a lot of deception. The Sox did hire Marco Paddy from the Jays, so this might have been his idea.
Looks like AA made up for the Mathis deal pretty quickly. Santos for a back end SP.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
4th round pick if they sign Pujols GF?

Ouch.
:( Yup. As if the 3rd wasn't bad enough.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
:( Yup. As if the 3rd wasn't bad enough.
Isn't that based over 3 years?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
He is top 3. But SS is weak all around. Probably the weakest position in baseball currently. No need to overpay at that position. If it was so cheap, why did no one else seem to want him?
I'm sure other teams were in on him even though we didn't hear about it. I'm sure a good amount of teams were also scared off by the injuries issue. Taking SS out of the equation Reyes is still a top player in the majors regardless of position. He was arguably the MVP for 2/3 of last year. The Marlins are going to be scary offensively with or without Pujols.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Isn't that based over 3 years?
Yeah he is rated a lower FA than Pujols and Bell. Pujols makes sense but for a SS to be behind a closer shows how terrible the system is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like AA made up for the Mathis deal pretty quickly. Santos for a back end SP.
I disagree completely. I think Molina has what it takes to be a 2 or 3 in the league, maybe even an ace if he gets there. I don't like the deal at all from the Jays side, but I just don't like relievers.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I disagree completely. I think Molina has what it takes to be a 2 or 3 in the league, maybe even an ace if he gets there. I don't like the deal at all from the Jays side, but I just don't like relievers.
I don't know I see Molina as a 4 at best.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know I see Molina as a 4 at best.
He's got elite command, a good splitter, a fastball with a decent sink on it, and his changeup/slider are evolving. He hasn't even been pitching that long, he will be better than you think........(if not, he'll be an awesome closer).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He's got elite command, a good splitter, a fastball with a decent sink on it, and his changeup/slider are evolving. He hasn't even been pitching that long, he will be better than you think........(if not, he'll be an awesome closer).
So basically you think he ends up just like Santos?

sig by BoneKrusher