Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-06-2011, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Joaquin Benoit's contract is somehow bad.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
And Joaquin Benoit's contract is somehow bad.
It was the 3rd year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Rauch - 1 year $3.5 million
Francisco - 2 years $12 million

It's a shame we're still going to be the worst team in the division.
You better hope you have some leads to protect.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was the 3rd year.
His first year is better than any year Francisco has or will ever have.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The cheapest way to upgrade your team is through the bullpen so that's obviously what Sandy and Co. are trying to do with these moves. It's not like I have any delusion we're going to win 80 games though with the rotation and lineup we'll still be throwing out there.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
His first year is better than any year Francisco has or will ever have.
I have no argument with this. I don't think I ever bashed the Benoit deal anyway.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The cheapest way to upgrade your team is through the bullpen so that's obviously what Sandy and Co. are trying to do with these moves. It's not like I have any delusion we're going to win 80 games though with the rotation and lineup we'll still be throwing out there.
You probably could have kept Reyes if you gave him some of that Francisco money.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Hasn't really worked out too well for the Orioles the last five times they've tried this.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants trade-Good.

Rauch signing- Fine. Overpaid. I like the guy, but if he rebounds, he's gone at the deadline. Cool.

Francisco-Eh. Not atrocious, too much money obviously though.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pirates are interested in Erik Bedard. If he can stay healthy, and that's a big IF, then I say hell yes.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I laugh at all these winter meetings BS rumors that are constantly spewed out by these writers seemingly every few minutes. You know those guys are just scrambling around all day trying to be the one to break that big signing/trade

must be a tough 4 days for them to get very little sleep or breaks

Also, I think the "mystery team" that also offered Pujols a 10yr deal is probably some made up crap by his sleazeball agent
Old 12-07-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the Tigers are talking to the A's about Gio Gonzalez. We dont really have many pieces to trade. The cupboard is pretty bare.
Old 12-07-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Hasn't really worked out too well for the Orioles the last five times they've tried this.
I trust Sandy to deal some of these guys at the deadline for some pieces as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You probably could have kept Reyes if you gave him some of that Francisco money.
I don't know. I haven't heard anything definitively on what we offered Reyes. 2 years $12 million is a long way off from 6 years $107 million.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I don't know. I haven't heard anything definitively on what we offered Reyes. 2 years $12 million is a long way off from 6 years $107 million.
I know that. But what do you think you offered? If you would have added 3-4 million a year to whatever you had already offered him, wouldn't you rather have him than Francisco? I know the contract would have been a lot longer, but hopefully by 2014 you would be in a better state performance wise and financially.

I guess you could only sign Francisco because the money you thought may have went to Reyes is free now, but that contract to me seems like spending for the sake of spending. Throwing the fans a cookie. And not a really tasty one either.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 12-07-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
I know that. But what do you think you offered? If you would have added 3-4 million a year to whatever you had already offered him, wouldn't you rather have him than Francisco? I know the contract would have been a lot longer, but hopefully by 2014 you would be in a better state performance wise and financially.

I guess you could only sign Francisco because the money you thought may have went to Reyes is free now, but that contract to me seems like spending for the sake of spending. Throwing the fans a cookie. And not a really tasty one either.
I think we probably maxed out at 5 years $90 million or maybe something very close to that. I believe the Wilpons are 100% at fault here but I'm glad we have a creative Front Office here to hopefully right the ship just a little. Of course I'd rather have Reyes than these bullpen moves but knowing that's not a possibility I liked what we did last night. It looks like he's trying to go in the direction they went in SD 2 years when they contended with a strong bullpen. We don't have the same rotation though unfortunately. Fran Francisco is actually pretty good, I don't think we really overpaid for him considering what the other closers have been getting the last two years. If anything we overspent by a million dollars which is really not that big of a deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Who the **** let McCarver in the broadcasting hall of fame?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-07-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

the problem with reyes wasn't year dollars... it was length/health incentive based deal which the marlins bypassed and we drew a line in the sand. I would have obviously operated differently, but it is what it is.

It isn't spending to spend because we desperately needed bp help. while Francisco got overpaid, he's actually pretty good. Unfortunately his dollars got bumped up because of being a closer (which is dumb) the contract is reasonable considering what bell/madson
/papelbon go for/went for even if they are better.
Old 12-07-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda thinking the D'Backs are out of the Kuroda running now since we are going after Gio Gonzalez and have talked about resigning Saunders

What do you think his asking price will be?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Huston Street to the Padres for a PTBNL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

The Yankees won the bid for Nakajima according to Rosenthal. $2 million posting fee.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he signs I'd expect a Nunez trade, I believe ATL showed interest in him earlier.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wilson close to the Angels as well. That's a pretty damn good top 3 of Weaver/Haren/Wilson. Probably the second best in baseball next to the Phillies.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-07-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
The Yankees won the bid for Nakajima according to Rosenthal. $2 million posting fee.
Nevermind. Saki bombs on me.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reyes being interviewed on ESPN right now at the Winter mettings just said he was not made an offer by the Mets at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote