Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-19-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, apparently Fausto Carmona is a fake name and he's actually 31 years old.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 01-19-2012, 03:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
He threw 75 innings and had a 2.27 ERA in 2010 as a reliever.

He was over worked last year as a Starter and suffered from a dead arm.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roberto Hernandez is actually his name what a letdown...fausto was much more cooler

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 03:48 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing you've got to give him; he really came up with a pretty cool fake name.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
He threw 75 innings and had a 2.27 ERA in 2010 as a reliever.

He was over worked last year as a Starter and suffered from a dead arm.
He was also really lucky in 2010. He's much closer to that 4.19 ERA dude from this year than the 2.27 ERA guy from 2010.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
My god, man. Stop being one of those fools that puts Cabrera and Third Base in the same sentence. Even if you're jokingly down on him for not being fleet of foot.
I really think that if we start calling ground balls, "cheeseburgers" or "tequila", that he'd be a better defender.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Knowing our luck we trade him for some more over-hyped AL prospects.
Votto's an elite player, he shouldn't be traded for less than two elite prospects and two very good prospects. He's a better and quicker version of Adrian Gonzalez.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-19-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Votto's an elite player, he shouldn't be traded for less than two elite prospects and two very good prospects. He's a better and quicker version of Adrian Gonzalez.
I dont know if I agree with him being better than Adrian, but hes damn good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gary Carter :(

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/74...-one-year-deal

Carlos Pena back to the Rays. 1 year contract 7.25 million.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

It's not a nice feeling when the Rays have done more this offseason than your team. Maybe I shouldn't complain though, who doesn't love a middle reliever that will just replace the injured one and a backup catcher we had 2 years ago?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-20-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stop your complaining. I don't want to hear it after the abortion of an offseason I just went through.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scutaro on verge of being dealt to the Rockies, Tulo is not involved with the trade. Sorry.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Stop your complaining. I don't want to hear it after the abortion of an offseason I just went through.
But we're a contending team, the Mets aren't. We have done nothing, and fulfilling Dotel's request to be on every team in baseball does not count as a move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Scutaro on verge of being dealt to the Rockies, Tulo is not involved with the trade. Sorry.
Do the Red Sox have another shortstop I'm not aware of?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-20-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But we're a contending team, the Mets aren't. We have done nothing, and fulfilling Dotel's request to be on every team in baseball does not count as a move.
We could have been a contender!!! (No I don't really believe that)

Quote:
Crappy Jose Iglesias.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-20-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
We could have been a contender!!! (No I don't really believe that)

Crappy Jose Iglesias.
Jose Iglesias makes Adam Everett look like a dynamic hitter, so I didn't think they were taking him seriously. And you should have posted that clip from On the Waterfront.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-20-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I hate Iglesias more than anyone but maybe they value his glove. The Sox are also kicking the tires on Justin Turner I know even though he doesn't play SS.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-20-2012, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A's sign Gomes and apparently are interested in Manny. I have no idea what's going on.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do they have one with Scutaro on the roster?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Nick Punto vs Jose Iglesias: the battle of epic Boston shortstop possibilities.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-21-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate Iglesias more than anyone but maybe they value his glove. The Sox are also kicking the tires on Justin Turner I know even though he doesn't play SS.
DAMN IT. I wanted Turner for Detroit back when he was first talked about being on the block.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The deal was made Scutaro for Clayton Mortensen. The Sox plan to platoon Punto and Aviles at SS.

I dislike this move a lot. Not that Scoot was anything special but he was consistent. Hopefully Iglesias can hit .240+ and give us some gold glove caliber defense because I am not comfortable with the Punto Aviles platoon.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Hahahahahaha Punto.
Old 01-21-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
DAMN IT. I wanted Turner for Detroit back when he was first talked about being on the block.
Turner's not very good. At best an average bench player.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-21-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Turner's not very good. At best an average bench player.
Hmm ... I'll trust your assessment, but I figured he was better than that. Better than Brandon Inge, surely.