Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-25-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Depends on how aggressive the Red Sox, Dodgers, Rangers, and Cubs get with their bidding. I can see $260 over 10 years.
Well the Red Sox wont...
Old 01-25-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Well the Red Sox wont...
Votto probably could play corner OF.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think he will either, but $16m/yr off the books soon on Ortiz will help raise the price for the Dodgers or Cubs.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Votto probably could play corner OF.
He wouldn't hold up well in Right at Fenway and they will not move Crawford over their seeing as he seems to be a creature of habit. Even if his speed and fielding ability would be a godsend at Fenway.
Old 01-25-2012, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He wouldn't hold up well in Right at Fenway and they will not move Crawford over their seeing as he seems to be a creature of habit. Even if his speed and fielding ability would be a godsend at Fenway.
Haha I hate Crawford. I'm a creature of habit so in addition to not hitting I'll play the smallest corner OF spot in the majors where my speed (only true asset) is being wasted.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He doesn't have the arm to play RF anyways

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Votto is destined for the Dodgers. He can be the lefty behind Kemp since Loney only got a 1 year deal.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-25-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
He doesn't have the arm to play RF anyways
Crawford or Votto...

Never mind I answered the question for myself... Both.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Francisco and Lincecum have reached a deal. 2 years $40.5 million

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/74...-year-40m-deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forgive my ignorance, but does Detroit forfeit its first round draft pick to Milwaukee for signing Prince? I thought the new CBA made some changes with regard to free agent loss compensation ...
Old 01-25-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Forgive my ignorance, but does Detroit forfeit its first round draft pick to Milwaukee for signing Prince? I thought the new CBA made some changes with regard to free agent loss compensation ...
Yes it does. It's going to take me some time to get used to all the new rules in this CBA though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait to watch Nick Blackburn and Carl Pavano flail around helplessly against Detroit's middle of the lineup. It's going to be awesome.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Yes it does. It's going to take me some time to get used to all the new rules in this CBA though.
What changed about compensation then? I swear I read something had changed, and because the CBA was agreed to after Papelbon had signed with Philly, the compensation would remain as it was prior to the CBA for that case.

Am I making this up?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

They changed that only like the top 5 FA cost the signing team a draft pick... or something like that. The rest just get a compensatory pick
Old 01-25-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Actually just saw this

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...aft-picks.html
Old 01-25-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

OK, that makes much more sense. There's only a handful of big ticket free agents that should require compensation. The system is much better now.
Old 01-25-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are only Type A FA's now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta applaud the Tigers for signing Prince. Shows real aggression and I respect that. I don't think the contract is bad comparatively speaking, but I just think they bid against themselves.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This may have been addressed, but what happens when VMart comes back? How does this move impact his standing on the team?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

They are saying that VMart will DH with Prince at 1st and Cabrera at 3rd...but I would trade him as soon as he's healthy and can pass a physical. He was a below average catcher even before the knee thing, I love his bat but we should eat some salary and dump him to fill our other needs.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-25-2012, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crawford or Votto...

Never mind I answered the question for myself... Both.
lol I meant CC but yea

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
There are only Type A FA's now.
We are getting just a sandwich pick for Reyes?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Red Sox made offer to Edwin Jackson. The two sides are currently in talks.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
They are saying that VMart will DH with Prince at 1st and Cabrera at 3rd...but I would trade him as soon as he's healthy and can pass a physical. He was a below average catcher even before the knee thing, I love his bat but we should eat some salary and dump him to fill our other needs.
I agree with the notion of dealing VMart, but that's a really tough sell job in the Tigers' clubhouse, IMO. Leyland LOVES Victor and he's a real leader there. Maybe a year of him being away from the clubhouse will temper those feelings a bit, but I wouldn't bet on a trade of Victor when healthy at this juncture.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I agree with the notion of dealing VMart, but that's a really tough sell job in the Tigers' clubhouse, IMO. Leyland LOVES Victor and he's a real leader there. Maybe a year of him being away from the clubhouse will temper those feelings a bit, but I wouldn't bet on a trade of Victor when healthy at this juncture.
Give Cabrera a bottle of Petron and have "hooker day" in spring training '13 and all would be forgiven.

Prowler's Newb Guide