Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-29-2012, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna side with Hines on this

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Gonna side with Hines on this
I get it, I get it. Everyone likes the underdog. My team just won the title, his hasn't been over .500 since I was 3 years old and I am turning 23 in May. So I get it. At least my team's best player didn't just get off a drug failure on some bull **** excuse (I TOOK A STAND!!!!) At least my team has won a world series in the last 100 years. My team BEAT Roy Halladay's team, much less got a damn hit off him in the playoffs. And well, 56 wins...THERE I PISSED OFF THE WHOLE NL CENTRAL, WHAT U GONNA DO?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Ur words hurt man :(. And why must u bring that up :(
Because you had to be mean and brought up the Pirates negatively. They already suck enough. Why did YOU have to start the mean words??
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Because you had to be mean and brought up the Pirates negatively. They already suck enough. Why did YOU have to start the mean words??
Cuz I am jealous they have a better farm system than us.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I get it, I get it. Everyone likes the underdog. My team just won the title, his hasn't been over .500 since I was 3 years old and I am turning 23 in May. So I get it. At least my team's best player didn't just get off a drug failure on some bull **** excuse (I TOOK A STAND!!!!) At least my team has won a world series in the last 100 years. My team BEAT Roy Halladay's team, much less got a damn hit off him in the playoffs. And well, 56 wins...THERE I PISSED OFF THE WHOLE NL CENTRAL, WHAT U GONNA DO?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMCaHxZuf94

Damn SWDC won't let me post vids anymore!!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
And it bothers me to no end that a 162 schedule comes down to a 1 game crap shoot.
Not if you win your division. Win more games and then it wouldn't. I'm sure that second wildcard with 84-86 wins would rather leave it up to one game than not make it at all.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMCaHxZuf94

Damn SWDC won't let me post vids anymore!!
HAHA!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hines again.

Even tho this is more relevant to the Pirates....

OH, OH BOOM!

Last edited by yodabear : 02-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Not if you win your division. Win more games and then it wouldn't. I'm sure that second wildcard with 84-86 wins would rather leave it up to one game than not make it at all.
Well obviously but when a 95 win WC loses to a 85 win WC team because they have the better SP people are going to be pissed.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
HAHA!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hines again.

Even tho this is more relevant to the Pirates....

OH, OH BOOM!
Even though the Pirates were in first place in the first half of the season. Boom!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Even though the Pirates were in first place in the first half of the season. Boom!!!
Oh please thats like getting a participation ribbon.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh please thats like getting a participation ribbon.

Leave Hines alone.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post

Leave Hines alone.
:( :( :(

That doesn't even look right man.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well obviously but when a 95 win WC loses to a 85 win WC team because they have the better SP people are going to be pissed.
95 win team should have won their division then.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
95 win team should have won their division then.
I'll remember this when it happens to the Yanks and you are crying.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-29-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't worry, Matt Moore will throw a CG shutout in September and take the Yanks out of the playoffs.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I won't be. September baseball has been boring the last few years and I feel the lackadaisical attitude has actually negatively affected the Yankees going into the playoffs. If they have to fight the Rays or Red Sox down the stretch, I think it will only help.

I'm also a fan of a lesser suggested change in reversed expanded rosters. I'd rather a roster of up to 40 in April and then have to get it to 25 by May 1.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sept baseball boring?????? It's been anything but the last 5 years with all these collapses going on. I'm proud that the Mets started the trend. Also, I know firsthand how a 2nd WC could have helped us 2 years in a row and I'm still against it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-29-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not if you win your division. Win more games and then it wouldn't. .
Then shouldn't expand the playoffs in the first place for this reason, but if they're going to just give it to the next best record. A one game playoff does nothing to decide who the better team is.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Sept baseball boring?????? It's been anything but the last 5 years with all these collapses going on. I'm proud that the Mets started the trend. Also, I know firsthand how a 2nd WC could have helped us 2 years in a row and I'm still against it.
Well it's been boring for me as a Yankees fan.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I won't be. September baseball has been boring the last few years and I feel the lackadaisical attitude has actually negatively affected the Yankees going into the playoffs. If they have to fight the Rays or Red Sox down the stretch, I think it will only help.
The two Wild Card races disagree with you here fella.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-29-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Then shouldn't expand the playoffs in the first place for this reason, but if they're going to just give it to the next best record. A one game playoff does nothing to decide who the better team is.
And neither does a series of 7 really. Were the Cardinals really the best team last year?
Old 02-29-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The two Wild Card races disagree with you here fella.
I really don't pay attention to the NL too much. And last year was fun for me only because it was the Red Sox choking.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Well it's been boring for me as a Yankees fan.
Boo hoo, we have the division locked up early. Cry me a river Jughead.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 02-29-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Boo hoo, we have the division locked up early. Cry me a river Jughead.
But in other years both the Yankees and the Red Sox have shown that they don't care about the division when there wasn't a third team in the hunt for the WC.

This also hopefully promotes a little spending from some of the mid to smaller market teams. Provides a little more hope to some teams and cities who haven't had much to root for lately. Could put more asses in seats around the league.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And neither does a series of 7 really. Were the Cardinals really the best team last year?
It goes a lot farther in deciding, and you really can't go any farther than 7 games.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote