Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-20-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interested. I've never done baseball H2H before though do I don't care. I'd say Saturday afternoon.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I vote H2H. Any day is fine for me.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

H2H is a favorite of mine. My best time is Sunday after 8. Otherwise I'm gonna be auto-drafting.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's do Head-to-Head, but aren't there multiple different types of H2H?

Category or points? I say we go with category. It's the best of both worlds between H2H and roto and doesn't involve the problem of how many points each stat represents.

You should make a league thread in the Fantasy Baseball forum, ATL.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Let's do Head-to-Head, but aren't there multiple different types of H2H?

Category or points? I say we go with category. It's the best of both worlds between H2H and roto and doesn't involve the problem of how many points each stat represents.

You should make a league thread in the Fantasy Baseball forum, ATL.
Oh, that's what you meant by what type. Yes, I agree with category.

I was thinking 6x6 (OPS and Holds added), but once again, I defer to the masses.

Since this is visited more frequently, once I get responses from everyone, I'll start a thread in there and we can stop clogging this thread.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Oh, that's what you meant by what type. Yes, I agree with category.

I was thinking 6x6 (OPS and Holds added), but once again, I defer to the masses.

Since this is visited more frequently, once I get responses from everyone, I'll start a thread in there and we can stop clogging this thread.
I think OBP and AVG is sorta redundant. I like to replace AVG with OBP. OR you could add OPS and keep AVG (and skip OBP).

I also think we should consider using Quality Starts instead of Wins.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So our 12 team Yahoo League has it's participants.

1. ATL
2. Maninblack
3. Deep
4. TBW
5. Brodeur
6. Xio
7. Irish
8. Docta
9. DUnit
10. Asdf
11. Hines
12. Notredame

Hawkeye123 is interested if we need a replacement/want to continue to expand.

So, here's what we need now:

1. Confirmation of interest
2. H2H or Rotissere? (My vote is for H2H)
3. Time Set Up for this weekend (Saturday afternoon/early night and Sunday evening night work for me)
Still interested. Sunday night works best for me. I've only don't rotisserie buth2h is fine.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think OBP and AVG is sorta redundant. I like to replace AVG with OBP. OR you could add OPS and keep AVG (and skip OBP).

I also think we should consider using Quality Starts instead of Wins.
What are the usual categories used? I'm new to fantasy baseball.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
What are the usual categories used? I'm new to fantasy baseball.
Typical 5x5 categories (hitting, pitching) are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I'd recommend R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS, QS, SV, H, K, ERA, WHIP for this league.

Part of why I recommend Quality starts instead of wins is because ATL wants to add Holds. That would counter the added value for relievers. Quality starts only come from starters.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could roll with that. I like AVG and OPS on offense, but I'm versatile on W/QS for pitching. We could also sub QS for Holds. Whatever.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I could roll with that. I like AVG and OPS on offense, but I'm versatile on W/QS for pitching. We could also sub QS for Holds. Whatever.
If you went Wins and Holds, then relief pitchers would be absurdly valuable. Using Quality Starts instead gives starters a category of its own to balance relievers, who have saves and holds.
Old 03-20-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this gonna be a keeper league?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

I'd rather not commit to a keeper league. Everyone needs a one-and-done league. It adds competitiveness in the present.

But I'd do whatever.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still interested.
Roto or h2h doesn't matter. I'm ok with the consenus.
All of saturday works for me. Have work at sunday night so would prefer a Start before 6pm.
Old 03-20-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather not commit to a keeper league. Everyone needs a one-and-done league. It adds competitiveness in the present.

But I'd do whatever.
Yeah me too. Just asking.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Royals appearantly nearing a deal for Humerto Quintero and Jason Bourgeois from Hoston.no word on what the Royals are giving up yet
Old 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm in a league tonight and have pick 4. Assuming miggy, kemp and pupils are gone, who should I look at?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
So I'm in a league tonight and have pick 4. Assuming miggy, kemp and pupils are gone, who should I look at?
I'd have to say Tulo.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I like Tulo a lot higher than most do to his positional value.

Other than that your could look at Adrian Gonzalez or Votto. I expect both to have better seasons.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 03-20-2012 at 04:10 PM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking tulo, Braun, votto or cano
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I was thinking tulo, Braun, votto or cano
Is it Avg or OBP?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would leave Braun off that list... Has looked pretty bad this spring, lost his protection in the lineup and I just don't think he is going to have that good of a season after all the allegations.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is this gonna be a keeper league?

Doesn't matter to me. I'd probably say no since we have a couple of fantasy noobs. Let's see how this league goes one and done, can talk keeper next year.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Alright, so H2H Category is set. I'm willing to continue to listen on categories, but it looks like:

AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, OPS
QS, K, SV, Holds, ERA, WHIP

Here's what we're looking at time wise. Let's start to make our way to a final decision.

1. ATL- Saturday (Afternoon/Early Night)/Sunday (After 5)
2. Maninblack- ?
3. Deep- Saturday/Sunday (Anytime)
4. TBW- Saturday Afternoon
5. Brodeur-?
6. Xio-?
7. Irish- Sunday (After 8)
8. Docta-?
9. DUnit-?
10. Asdf- Saturday (All Day)/Sunday (Before 6)
11. Hines- Sunday (Any time)
12. Notredame- Sunday (Night)
Old 03-20-2012, 04:45 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

My league is avg and total bases. I know enough to get by I feel, but with you guys' advice I could get a real edge haha
Quote: