Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy > Fantasy Baseball

Old 04-05-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want Garrett Jones or Derrek Lee?
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no idea we had this bidding thing for FAs, but it's cool. I'll wait 'til Sunday to pick up some injury replacements.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Anyone want Garrett Jones or Derrek Lee?
Trying to sell high already? ;)
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is our draft like BF's league? Where you can add Major league players now in the Minor League player draft? If so, then yeah, I think you should wipe them clean.
No, I'd rather not have any major league players drafted during the minor league draft. Unless it's a case like Mike Leake who wasn't expected to make the team.

Initially it wasn't my intention to allow FA signings just because I was going along with how BF's is being ran, but I wanted to see how the FAAB system worked so I made a signing and I guess that set off everyone elses signings.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
No, I'd rather not have any major league players drafted during the minor league draft. Unless it's a case like Mike Leake who wasn't expected to make the team.

Initially it wasn't my intention to allow FA signings just because I was going along with how BF's is being ran, but I wanted to see how the FAAB system worked so I made a signing and I guess that set off everyone elses signings.
Thanks for clearing that up.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Technically Leake isn't a major leaguer yet anyway. Not being added for another several days until a 5th starter is needed.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My pick will be up in a second. Sorry on the delay.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do I got to drop Posey since I had him on my team before the season?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Do I got to drop Posey since I had him on my team before the season?
Just hold off on any roster moves until the draft is over.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So now when Ike Davis gets called up in two months, can I add another minor league player to my 4-man roster?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I was just about to ask that with my two minor leaguers that I just selected.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
So now when Ike Davis gets called up in two months, can I add another minor league player to my 4-man roster?
Initially I made it so you can only add to your minor league roster through the Minor League draft. BUT I am open to input from the rest of the league so what do you guys think?

I'm thinking the only way you can add a prospect is if they graduate to the major leagues. That means you can't drop an inferior prospect for a better one, but if you have someone who graduates you can replace them on your list. The only thing is if you prospect gets sent back down you will have to drop the guy you added in place of him, you will not be allowed to drop any of your 4. How's that sound?

Last edited by ccB : 04-05-2010 at 04:30 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

You should be able to always have four minor leaguers. Otherwise, when someone comes up and struggles a bit early in his career he's wasting a spot on your bench and a spot on your minor league 4-man roster.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:37 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
You should be able to always have four minor leaguers. Otherwise, when someone comes up and struggles a bit early in his career he's wasting a spot on your bench and a spot on your minor league 4-man roster.
Yeah well that's part of the strategy, you shouldn't be rewarded for picking bad prospects.

Here are a couple things I am not willing to change:

You cannot drop a prospect during the season to pick up another prospect on your 4 man minor league roster.

You cannot hold minor leaguers on your regular roster.

If your player gets called up, and sent back down, you must add him back to your 4 man. So if we are making additions to our 4 man after a prospect graduates you must drop the prospect you added in place of the prospect who is being demoted.

For example: If Buster Posey gets called up, I add John Doe to my 4 man. Say Posey gets demoted back to AAA, I MUST drop John Doe in place of him, I can't pick whoevers doing the worst and drop them, it must be the player you added in place of graduating player.

So we can either do it this way, or no additions, what do you guys think?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I like where we have to drop the prospect we pick up for the graduating prospect if he were to get sent back down.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

I just don't want anyone exploiting the minor league thing. If someone comes out of nowhere and lights it up this year and you have a team of bum prospects I don't want you to be rewarded for drafting poorly, by dropping a bum for the stud.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^ That way is best.

So now after this season I have four minor league players. What happens in next years minor league draft? In order to keep those players I must use four of the 12 keeper spots? And if I use say one keeper spot on a minor leaguer I then have three selections in the minor league draft?
Old 04-05-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Well if we do it this way the minor league draft will be taken away because we will all have our 4-man rosters consistently filled. That was another reason I was hesistant on allowing adding and dropping of prospects.
Old 04-05-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if I like the idea of not being able to freely add/drop to your 4 minor leaguer list. It's like that on the ESPN site with our major leaguers, and not like that in fantasy sports in general. Can you imagine playing fantasy baseball based off your draft at the beginning of the year?

It's still a strategy to manage your 4 player list. If a guy gets called up and sent back down, I agree that you have to put him on your minor league list or drop him. But I think you should be able to decide which minor leaguer you want to drop in order for him to take that spot. Otherwise, I think some of us will just opt to keep some empty minor league roster spots.

How do we add minor leaguers in the future? Only when one of our guys gets called up? If so, then would it be a strategy to pass our turn in the draft in order to keep some of our minor league spots open for the future?

Then if so, what happens if there are 2 or more people with empty minor league spots, but they all want the same minor league player?
Old 04-05-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't know if I like the idea of not being able to freely add/drop to your 4 minor leaguer list. It's like that on the ESPN site with our major leaguers, and not like that in fantasy sports in general. Can you imagine playing fantasy baseball based off your draft at the beginning of the year?

It's still a strategy to manage your 4 player list. If a guy gets called up and sent back down, I agree that you have to put him on your minor league list or drop him. But I think you should be able to decide which minor leaguer you want to drop in order for him to take that spot. Otherwise, I think some of us will just opt to keep some empty minor league roster spots.

How do we add minor leaguers in the future? Only when one of our guys gets called up? If so, then would it be a strategy to pass our turn in the draft in order to keep some of our minor league spots open for the future?

Then if so, what happens if there are 2 or more people with empty minor league spots, but they all want the same minor league player?

The way I see it is, those 4 additional keepers are a luxury, if you miss you miss, but if you hit on a guy and he gets moved up, you are rewarded by adding another player.

We add minor leaguers as our prospects develop. If two guys are trying to add the same player we will have a waiver system (reverse minor league draft order ie: KCJ gets 1st priority, HWJ gets 2nd etc.)

Maybe we can have a once a month draft to fill any open minor league roster spots?

I'm open to any and all ideas right now.

Last edited by ccB : 04-05-2010 at 05:16 PM.
ccB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The way I see it is, those 4 additional keepers are a luxury, if you miss you miss, but if you hit on a guy and he gets moved up, you are rewarded by adding another player.

We add minor leaguers as our prospects develop. If two guys are trying to add the same player we will have a waiver system (reverse minor league draft order ie: KCJ gets 1st priority, HWJ gets 2nd etc.)

Maybe we can have a once a month draft to fill any open minor league roster spots?

I'm open to any and all ideas right now.
Come to think about it, how will we know if 2 guys want the same guy at once?

I mean if a post is made here to stake claim, then there can be no tie. First post, first dibs.

I guess the key is to have an empty minor league spot. I'll probably pass on my last draft pick, since that's the case.

BF's system seems easy to play/manage. Just saying.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I don't really care.

Just make sure when the rules are set in stone you post them somewhere and make us aware (bold them, PM, whatever).
Old 04-05-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Storen completely slipped my mind. Nice pick, D.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Come to think about it, how will we know if 2 guys want the same guy at once?

I mean if a post is made here to stake claim, then there can be no tie. First post, first dibs.

I guess the key is to have an empty minor league spot. I'll probably pass on my last draft pick, since that's the case.

BF's system seems easy to play/manage. Just saying.

You gotta make a pick D, stop looking for loopholes. I was doing it this way because I was trying to avoid having a never ending rotation of minor league players just to see who's going to stick and who's not. I thought it would be more fun tracking our minor league players if we couldn't just switch them in and out as we pleased. I'm not trying to trick anyone, and I'd hope no one takes advantage of an unanswered question.

So this is how I'm doing it...

You must always have 4 guys on your minor league roster...

You can graduate players when they are called up...

You can add players to your Minor League roster when you have an open space...

When you add a player, post it in the minor league thread. Once a week (Sunday at 12 pm) I will adjust minor league rosters, if two people have a claim in on the same player we will use the waiver system (reverse order of the minor league draft) to decide who gets them.

Ok so those are the unchangeable rules I'm implementing.

This is an idea I'd be willing to do if you guys like it:

On the 1st of each month, we will have a mini prospect swap meet. If you want to dump prospects for other prospects this will be your opportunity. The draft order for each prospect draft will be the waiver wire order at that time. You don't have to add or release anyone if you do not want to, but this will be the only time to dump a minor leaguer.

I really wasn't trying to make this so complicated but that's how it ended up.

How does that sound? Best of both worlds.
Old 04-05-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to defend myself, and argue that the current transactions should not be taken away. I'm not in the AL Only league so I only know so much. No where on the first page of the AL Only league thread does it say anything about there not be any transactions between the draft and the minor league draft. I can't be expected to read every single post in that long thread to get every single rule down. Nothing of the sort was posted in this thread either. I didn't do anything that the commissioner of the league didn't do first.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote