Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-03-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kevin Walter

With Brandon Marshall receiving a 1st round tender and Malcolm Floyd and Vincent Jackson receiving 1st and 3rd round tenders, it's unlikely either of those WR's will be in Baltimore next year.

How ever, if Houston put's a 3rd round tender on Kevin Walter, what would you guys think the Raven's should do?

He's a big physical guy who's GREAT working the middle of the field and has great hands. He would give Flacco a sure-handed WR to work the middle, kinda like a big Wes Welker.

He'd probably cost a 3rd round choice, and we all know Ozzie and DeCosta love their draft picks, but I think it's an interesting idea. According to PFT, Raven's are somewhat interested in Walter - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ard-at-walter/

Would he be worth a 3rd rounder? IMO, I'd be pissed, but it would grow on me.

Here's my 2nd off-season prediction.

Free Agency -
-Sign Donte Stallworth
-Give a 3rd rounder for Kevin Walter.
-Let go of Demetrius Williams, Frank Walker, Tony Moll, Adam Terry, Justin Bannan, and L.J. Smith(worst pickup ever?)

Kelley Washington, Le'Ron McClain, Mark Clayton, Derrick Mason, Sam Koch, Billy Cundiff, Jared Gaither,, Chris Chester, Marshall Yanda, Fabian Washington, Antwan Barnes and Dawan Landry are all retianed.

Draft

1st - Brandon Graham - OLB/DE - Michigan - Last year everyone thought that the Ravens #1a and 1b needs were receiver and corner, but they ended up taking a Tackle, which was considered a "lesser need" This year everyone assumes the same, but Harbaugh has said in many press conferences that they want to upgrade the pass rush this offseason. I don't see it happening in FA but I can see them taking someone like Brandon Graham. He's small, but so is Elvis Dumervil and LaMar Woodley so I don't think height is concerned. He's a great tackler, great against the run and I'm sure under our coaching staff, he'll become a great pass rusher as well.

2nd - Mardy Gilyard - WR - Cincinnati - If the Raven's keep Mason, Clayton and Washington as well as sign Donte Stallworth and give up a 3rd for Kevin Walter, they still wouldn't have an "explosive" receiver, someone like DeSean Jackson or Percy Harvin. Gilyard gives them just that, and he's a great returner and Harbaugh loves guys that can contribute on special teams.

3rd - Kevin Walter - If the Raven's do forfeit a 3rd rounder to Houston for Walter, I would be somewhat pissed but I do like what Walter brings to our offense. (imagine what Kelley Washington did last year..x5) He's a big possession WR that can work the middle of the field and has great hands. At 6-3, I'd feel a lot better if Flacco was throwing deep balls to him and the 6-1 Stallworth rather than the 5-10 Mason and Clayton.

4th - Eric Olsen - C - Norte Dame - Matt Birk is eventually gonna need a replacement. I know the Raven's have Chris Chester but he's played well at guard (switching with Yanda) and IMO he should be a last resort at Center. Olsen could develop for a year under Birk and once Birk's contract is up, Olsen could take over. He's got nice size at 6-4 303, he'd match up well with all the fatties in the division - Casey Hampton, Shaun Rogers and Domata Peko.

I'm too lazy to finish and do 5th - 7th.

Depth Chart -

QB - Joe Flacco - Troy Smith - John Beck
RB - Ray Rice - Willis McGahee - Jalen Parmele
FB - Le'Ron McClain
WR 1 - Derrick Mason - Mark Clayton
WR 2- Kevin Walter - Kelley Washington
Slot - Donte Stallworth - Mardy Gilyard
WR4 - Mardy Gilyard
LT - Jared Gaither - Oniel Cousins
LG - Ben Grubbs - Chris Chester
C - Matt Birk - Eric Olsen
RG - Marhsall Yanda - Chris Chester
RT - Michael Oher - Oniel Cousins

Defense - Mattison's idiot ass wants a 4-3 but our personnel fit better in a 3-4

DE - Dwan Edwards
NT - Kelley Gregg - Brandon McKinney
DE - Haloti Ngata
ROLB - Terrell Suggs - Brandon Graham
ILB - Dannell Ellerbe - Tavares Gooden - Prescott Burgess
ILB - Ray Lewis - Jameel McClain - Prescott Burgess
LOLB - Jarret Johnson - Paul Kruger - Antwan Barnes
CB - Dominique Foxworth
CB - Lardarius Webb
Nickelback - Fabian Washington
Dimeback - Chris Carr
SS - Dawan Landry - Tom Zbikowski
FS - Ed Reed (PLEASE RETURN) - Haruki Nakamura

K - Billy Cundiff
P - Sam Koch
PR - Mardy Gilyard
KR - Jalen Parmele
Old 03-03-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If our receivers don't consist of something like Boldin/Marshall or someone of that caliber I am not confident we have a shot at a championship.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id MUCH rather offer a first for Marshall then a 3rd for Walter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
If our receivers don't consist of something like Boldin/Marshall or someone of that caliber I am not confident we have a shot at a championship.
I would say that we don't have a shot of contending even with a receiving corps that consists of something like that. Our pass-rush really needs to be consistent/good, especially with the way our defense plays (reckless and non-disciplined).

As for the topic, I don't think a 3rd for Walter would be bad but I doubt we go for it. He's not really the type that can get much separation, nor do I think he's a good red-zone threat.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
RavenMadness
Rookie

RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness RavenMadness

Honestly, I think David Anderson of the Texans is a better or has the potentiol to be a better reciever at this point then Walter. I like the guy but I'm tired of having these second tier recievers I.E. Mason, Clayton, Washington ...I want Beasts. Were probably better off keeping the 3rd Rounder and making something of it.

Brandon Graham isn't as small as you might think. He's 6'3 260lbs and was a great player on a bad defense. Looks like a 4-3 DE, but who knows I like him.

Love Gilyard and Olsen though.
RavenMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why wouldnt you offer a first for Marshall, as opposed to a 3rd for Walter? a 25 year old WR at the peak of his career? that's highway robbery.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:10 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
I would say that we don't have a shot of contending even with a receiving corps that consists of something like that. Our pass-rush really needs to be consistent/good, especially with the way our defense plays (reckless and non-disciplined).

As for the topic, I don't think a 3rd for Walter would be bad but I doubt we go for it. He's not really the type that can get much separation, nor do I think he's a good red-zone threat.
If we had Marshall/Mason/Clayton/Stallworth/Washington I would be happy going into this season. Suggs was out of shape for the majority of last season and as long as he stays healthy he will have a better year. I want Flacco to be a successfull franchise QB and bringing a guy like Marshall in will give him all kinds of confidence. The greatest thing ever would be to get Marshall and Peppers. That would be automatic championship
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 03-04-2010, 08:17 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

If we signed Brandon Marshall this off season we wouldn't lose out 1st this year would we? We would lose it next season as compensation for signing a player this off season, or is that wrong? Plus the Broncos aren't going to get our pick if we signed him they would get a compensation 1st rd pick.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 08:22 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Either way I don't see us having a top 20 pick next year and we have the 25 this year. I don't see any way we get a better player than Marshall in the draft at 25. I say pull the trigger. If we want Flacco to be that guy we need to get him someone that he can throw too. Flacco runs around the back field way to much. We need someone who can get open all the time.

John Wall
Old 03-04-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walter's injury history concerns me too much to give up a 3rd for, it just makes more sense to give the 1st for Marshall. Lets face it, we're not going to get a player of his value right now at that spot. Pull the trigger, lock him up and let the relationship have more time to develop with Flacco. The more we wait to make the deal happen, the more likely some other team will make it happen.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
Walter's injury history concerns me too much to give up a 3rd for, it just makes more sense to give the 1st for Marshall. Lets face it, we're not going to get a player of his value right now at that spot. Pull the trigger, lock him up and let the relationship have more time to develop with Flacco. The more we wait to make the deal happen, the more likely some other team will make it happen.
This. It just doesn't make sense not to help Flacco become a better QB. I mean do we think Flacco is going to Tom Brady it and win it with no receivers???? I am going to be pissed if Marshall goes anywhere other than Baltimore.

John Wall
Old 03-04-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would much rather keep that 3rd and spend it on a guy like Jacoby Ford from Clemson, after picking Demaryius Thomas in rd 1 of course!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You want Demaryius Thomas in the first? That is pretty high for him. He has never been exposed to a full route tree and as of now, besides his ball skills and blocking, hes a very very raw prospect. I think his stock atm is mid 2nd round, rather then late first. If we are going to draft Demaryius Thomas in Round 1, why not just trade for Brandon Marshall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
quidam
Rookie

quidam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kevin Walter is a UFA so there wouldnt be any draft pick compensation.
quidam is offline   Reply With Quote