Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-14-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Tom Kowalski - Running Blog Info

http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/in...03.html#244110

Quote:
Wednesday, March 14, 2007
Don't buy the hype -- Lions still want to sign Curtis
Here are my thoughts on some of the recent happenings in Allen Park:

--- The Lions are putting out a spin that they're not that interested in Kevin Curtis anymore, but don't buy it. They still want to sign him, but they don't want it to look like they've "lost'' if they don't get him. As for what Curtis might be thinking, I have no idea. He could be making more trips to jack up his asking price and he might be making more trips because he doesn't want to go to any of the places he's already visited. Either way, this guy is wearing me out.

--- Ignore the reports that the Lions are still interested in Chris Brown. The Lions brought in Brown for a visit because they wanted a backup plan in case T.J. Duckett signed elsewhere. And -- and I've said from the start -- the Lions are not shopping Tatum Bell. Would they trade him if they could rob somebody blind, yes. But that goes for 95 percent of the roster.

--- The Travis Fisher signing could turn out to be very good -- if he stays healthy. Unfortunately, you could've said that about a slew of past free agent signings, from Fernando Bryant to Rex Tucker. Speaking of which, I think Fisher will possibly replace Bryant, not Stanley Wilson, in the lineup. Why? Because Bryant is scheduled to make $3.25 million in salary this year. If he doesn't have a real strong camp, I can see the Lions trying to restructure his contract or cutting him outright.

--- While we're on that topic, I also believe money will be a factor in the final decision regarding Damien Woody. He's scheduled to make a whopping $4.5 million in salary and I'm not sure the Lions coaches really trust him to be at the top of his game for the entire season. All Woody has to do is be on the roster for the first regular season game and all of that money is guaranteed.

That's why I think the Lions are still bringing in some free agent guards -- and why they haven't close the door on Edwin Mulitalo.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so... what are they gonna do with woody then? if they sign Mutilato, Woody gets the boot?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
so... what are they gonna do with woody then? if they sign Mutilato, Woody gets the boot?
Absolutely . . . they'd rather be overpaying Mulitalo than be overpaying Woody, because Woody is overweight, often injured, and not liked by the coaches.
Old 03-14-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Woody is overweight, often injured, and not liked by the coaches.
And by me. I don't like him either. Fat overpaid *****

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woody has one of the highest base salaris on our team. He needs to get it together or he should be gone. I would think Mulitalo would play LG though, which is what he played in Baltimore. Woody played RG and is backed up by Saipaia. I think Woody's status depends on the draft. If Blalock falls to us, goodbye Woody.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Pocket
Rookie

Pocket hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Woody has one of the highest base salaris on our team. He needs to get it together or he should be gone. I would think Mulitalo would play LG though, which is what he played in Baltimore. Woody played RG and is backed up by Saipaia. I think Woody's status depends on the draft. If Blalock falls to us, goodbye Woody.

Man, if blalock does fall to us, that would be absolutely incredible.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think woody may be gone either way 4.5 mil is just too much to pay. If he comes into camp overweight he could be gone the same day
Old 03-14-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cut Woody. Sign Mulito for anything under 4.5 million. Don't touch Curtis.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cosey Coleman, guard from the Browns visited the Lions today. Also of note, Martz and Marinelli attended Drew Stanton's pro day today and not Jamarcus Russell's which was today as well.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts
http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=455877

I'm sure there were scouts at Russell's but two very important people at Stanton's work out is interesting.

Last edited by Maybe Next Year Millen2 : 03-14-2007 at 03:40 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Gooooood ****... nice report (and post).

Mulitalo would be a great pick-up (vice Woody), and having Blalock on the team would be outstanding.

Hope this stuff happens.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
jbombul
Rookie

jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbombul hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Cosey Coleman, guard from the Browns visited the Lions today. Also of note, Martz and Marinelli attended Drew Stanton's pro day today and not Jamarcus Russell's which was today as well.
http://www.nfl.com/draft/analysis/individual_workouts
http://www.detroitlions.com/document...ment_id=455877

I'm sure there were scouts at Russell's but two very important people at Stanton's work out is interesting.

didnt casey coleman play for the bucs at one point?
jbombul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 08:53 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbombul View Post
didnt casey coleman play for the bucs at one point?
Yep Coleman was drafted in Round 2 by the Bucs in 2000 draft. He started the entire year on their 2002 Super Bowl year. 2005-2006 Coleman was with the Browns and didn't play that well. Another guy Marinelli probably knows. Coleman didn't play well in Cleveland, but he has had success in the past. Cleveland had some problems on their line with Bentley going down so maybe that was a factor. If we sign him, he better step up his game back to the Tampa days.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/i...660.xml&coll=1
New story today. Curtis really not an option. Not really a suprise though.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.mlive.com/lions/stories/i...660.xml&coll=1
New story today. Curtis really not an option. Not really a suprise though.

New Lions players

DeWayne White
Shaun McDonald
TJ Duckett
Travis Fisher
Tatum Bell
George Foster

Great off-season so far.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
New Lions players

DeWayne White
Shaun McDonald
TJ Duckett
Travis Fisher
Tatum Bell
George Foster

Great off-season so far.
I agree but I still think we need a guard and then we will be set for the draft. Then with a trade down in the draft and I will be happy. We didn't get any big name guys which is good because we didn't overpay, but then again we didn't get any big name guys, which means these big name guys have produced in the past. I would have preferred Nick Harper over Travis Fisher but right now we have to overpay so I can live with Fisher for one year. Let's see what Stanley Wilson can do and draft another young corner.