Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Lulz at TV analysts saying the jets now have the best CB duo.
http://twitter.com/DraftCountdown/status/10052395741

"NYJ now have the best set of starting cornerbacks in the league."

will people here now change their opinion?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Scott knows evaluations. Just like Kiper and McShay, they don't know dick about actual established NFL players.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New York is an excellent place for Cromartie to raise his 7 children and pay child support to their 6 mothers.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-06-2010 at 05:31 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cro will prove all of the haters wrong!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Cro will prove all of the people who have actually watched him play wrong!
Instant homers gonna git you now
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Instant homers gonna git you now
lole

I've watched him since his FSU days, and he's certainly got the capabilities to be a really solid addition to our defense. I'm not really expecting greatness out of him. He just has to stay on the field and be better than Lito (and stay for more than a year), which I think is easily realizable.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lole

I've watched him since his FSU days, and he's certainly got the capabilities to be a really solid addition to our defense. I'm not really expecting greatness out of him. He just has to stay on the field and be better than Lito (and stay for more than a year), which I think is easily realizable.
I hope he stays on the field too for pick purposes. I'm sure he will be just fine in NY. A-OK.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People love to do groupthink. Cromartie will be for a 3rd unless he plays well. Not a terrible price. Draft picks are over valued half the time. A player who had 1 real good NFL year has at least shown he can do it when compared to a rookie who hasn't done it at all and is even more unrealized potential. Heck, top picks bust too. Cromartie is a lazy bastard, not doubt needs to learn to tackle and needs someone to get on his case, but he is still young with all the ability in the world. He has to put it together obviously, and I hope on an elite defense this will come. I'm not against the pick, but i'm not going to say its a sure thing. I'll see where it goes during the season, but it is hard to go all out one way or the other, as it isn't a rediculous deal....

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lole

He has to learn to tackle more than anything. Somehow I think he's the got the right coach to drill it into him.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be interesting to see. Being constantly targeted certainly has some massive backfire capability in NY where he will get smashed by the media if he screws up.

As long as the Jets look at him for what he is, then it will be alright. They have Revis, which does allow them to roll coverage to the other side, I expect you have a deep safety on Cro's side in most situations and try and tempt teams to go at Revis more and protect for when Cro gambles and it doesn't come off. He really is no different to what Asante Samuel was with the Pats, put a wise veteran who can hold his position like Harrison behind him and it all works out fine.

My other concern would be what adding him does to the run defense, now you have a massive glaring weakness to attack with the run game, a team with a good athletic guards and adequate tackles should be able to get at Cromartie, I know I would do my best trying to force him to make tackles in the run game because it is a big hole in an otherwise exceptional run defense.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Likewise though, what better way to protect a weak tackler, than to have the Jets D?

He's going to make a lot of you eat a lot of Cro this year.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Likewise though, what better way to protect a weak tackler, than to have the Jets D?

He's going to make a lot of you eat a lot of Cro this year.
Well said :)

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Revis & Butthead
Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not convinced he will do anything better in NY. I just think more people will be exposed to the suck that he is.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Lulz at TV analysts saying the jets now have the best CB duo.
Quote:

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Somehow a CB who can be acquired with a 3rd round pick becomes part of the best tandem in the league?

I'd rather have Lito Sheppard. Somehow Cro is that much better than Lito? Again -->

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

I'd rather have Lito Sheppard. Somehow Cro is that much better than Lito? Again -->
I hope your joking. Lito was god awful for the majority of last season and wasn't a great fit for our D. I think too much is being made of a few bone-head plays Cromartie has made and is forgetting what a play maker he can be. With the combination of a change of scenery and a contract year (he's got kids to feed! lol) he will blow Lito's production out of the water.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Revis & Butthead
That's actually awesome.

But really, Lito was a perfect fit for our defense. But he's just not as young and athletic as Cro, and therein lies the difference.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Quote:
That's actually awesome.

But really, Lito was a perfect fit for our defense. But he's just not as young and athletic as Cro, and therein lies the difference.
Haha anytime you say someone's a perfect fit and then follow it with but, he might not be a perfect fit. I kind of get what youre saying though, Maybe 4-5 years ago Lito would've fit nicely but he just doesn't make plays anymore. He was able to hide in some games but against better QB's he got exposed.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
People love to do groupthink. Cromartie will be for a 3rd unless he plays well. Not a terrible price. Draft picks are over valued half the time. A player who had 1 real good NFL year has at least shown he can do it when compared to a rookie who hasn't done it at all and is even more unrealized potential. Heck, top picks bust too. Cromartie is a lazy bastard, not doubt needs to learn to tackle and needs someone to get on his case, but he is still young with all the ability in the world. He has to put it together obviously, and I hope on an elite defense this will come. I'm not against the pick, but i'm not going to say its a sure thing. I'll see where it goes during the season, but it is hard to go all out one way or the other, as it isn't a rediculous deal....
Cro had all those things in SD and still failed.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

If Cro's inability to tackle was the only thing wrong with his play, I wouldn't feel this strongly about him. He's bad in coverage too. The hype is a joke.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:03 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair to Scott's opinion, Darrelle Revis+Me would probably be the best CB duo in the NFL, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msolimani View Post
I hope your joking. Lito was god awful for the majority of last season and wasn't a great fit for our D. I think too much is being made of a few bone-head plays Cromartie has made and is forgetting what a play maker he can be. With the combination of a change of scenery and a contract year (he's got kids to feed! lol) he will blow Lito's production out of the water.
I'm not joking at all. Cromartie was god awful for the majority of last season, too. Bone-head plays are when you blow a coverage. What Cro did last year was consistently play soft, avoid any contact, and generally suck in coverage. How is that better than what Lito offered? At least Lito would make an attempt at tackling.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'm not joking at all. Cromartie was god awful for the majority of last season, too. Bone-head plays are when you blow a coverage. What Cro did last year was consistently play soft, avoid any contact, and generally suck in coverage. How is that better than what Lito offered? At least Lito would make an attempt at tackling.
Tackling is slightly overrated at the CB position especially in Rex Ryan's scheme where it is mostly straight man to man. Deion Sanders was arguably the best of all time at the position and he couldn't tackle for s***. And how is attempting to tackle and not attempting to tackle any different? The result is the same at the end of the day and there's not way that Cromartie's lack of physicality will fly in this new locker room.

Lito's played twice as long as Cromartie and has accumulated a whopping 4 more INT's. Cromartie is MUCH more of a play maker and was one of the best players in the league 3 years ago. There's not doubt that talent is still in there somewhere and I would guarantee that a contract year and upgrade in coaching staff will be just what it takes to bring it back out.

Last edited by msolimani : 03-10-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msolimani View Post
Tackling is slightly overrated at the CB position especially in Rex Ryan's scheme where it is mostly straight man to man. Deion Sanders was arguably the best of all time at the position and he couldn't tackle for s***. And how is attempting to tackle and not attempting to tackle any different? The result is the same at the end of the day and there's not way that Cromartie's lack of physicality will fly in this new locker room.

Lito's played twice as long as Cromartie and has accumulated a whopping 4 more INT's. Cromartie is MUCH more of a play maker and was one of the best players in the league 3 years ago. There's not doubt that talent is still in there somewhere and I would guarantee that a contract year and upgrade in coaching staff will be just what it takes to bring it back out.
Other than his fluke year, his interception totals have been 0 (rookie year, but he still played quite a bit), 2, and 3. Huge playmaker right there.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Other than his fluke year, his interception totals have been 0 (rookie year, but he still played quite a bit), 2, and 3. Huge playmaker right there.
If you read correctly I said he was MUCH more of a playmaker than Lito. I even capitalized it for you. I never claimed he was a huge playmaker.