Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am drink therefore, da bears equal *******

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I am drink therefore, da bears equal *******
I can think of no counterargument.

You win.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Tommie Harris doesn't even drink. He's too anal-retentive holy-rollerish for that. We've had no problems with Cutler partying the night before a game since he's come to the Bears. I've never heard any concerns like that about Peppers. Your imagination is weird if you can imagine that.

As for the guaranteed money, so what? It's frontloaded. Is anyone really concerned that Peppers is going to be bad over the next three years or so?
Point was Tommie Harris has been known to take plays off occasionaly as has Peppers atleast in the eyes of many. And all 3 are kind of diva, "look at me" type players... Poor word choice on my part in the previous point. I still remember Peppers 2.5 sack 38 tackle performance in 2007.

Your saying front loaded like 20 million dollars this season isn't a big deal. People are going to disagree. Some think it was a great signing, some don't. I'm on the side that think the Bears will regret it in the end. Still, it's a guy who will get them excited I suppose.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:40 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haters gonna hate.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:44 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we trade Olsen.

Look at it that way: If the coaching staff fails, the coaches gonna be canned anyways. You want to give up on Olsen when after a year he could be very very useful again?

I could see Martz utilize him. Olsen is a little more polished receiving wise than VD was when Martz was in SF. Also with Manumaleuna blocking, he can now use Olsen with a little less pressure.

The numbers are misleading. Yes he had 8 TDs, but they threw at him like a million times in the redzone.

As of now, Greg is an above average TE with potential, but not as great as some make it out to be. Cutler's favorite target was Aro, not really Greg. He spreaded it around pretty good too.

Peppers im very iffy about. But apparently they had the same concerns with Simeon Rice before he got to Tampa and Marinelli seems to be at least a good motivator for the DL being an ex marine and all.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:15 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
I doubt we trade Olsen.

Look at it that way: If the coaching staff fails, the coaches gonna be canned anyways. You want to give up on Olsen when after a year he could be very very useful again?

I could see Martz utilize him. Olsen is a little more polished receiving wise than VD was when Martz was in SF. Also with Manumaleuna blocking, he can now use Olsen with a little less pressure.

The numbers are misleading. Yes he had 8 TDs, but they threw at him like a million times in the redzone.

As of now, Greg is an above average TE with potential, but not as great as some make it out to be. Cutler's favorite target was Aro, not really Greg. He spreaded it around pretty good too.

Peppers im very iffy about. But apparently they had the same concerns with Simeon Rice before he got to Tampa and Marinelli seems to be at least a good motivator for the DL being an ex marine and all.
I don't really see how bold 1 connects with bold 2

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I don't really see how bold 1 connects with bold 2
They threw at him in the redzone tons cause:

a. that was the playcall where he was the main target, being a redzone target doesnt necessarily mean he is his favorite target.
b. Aro didnt play till like week 9

When aro was in the game you kinda got the feeling Cutler was throwing at him a lot, forcing it sometimes. never got the feeling when he wasnt in the game, it felt he was spreading it when Aro wasnt starting

Old 03-06-2010, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They threw at him in the redzone tons cause:

a. that was the playcall where he was the main target, being a redzone target doesnt necessarily mean he is his favorite target.
b. Aro didnt play till like week 9

When aro was in the game you kinda got the feeling Cutler was throwing at him a lot, forcing it sometimes. never got the feeling when he wasnt in the game, it felt he was spreading it when Aro wasnt starting
oh okay I see. Shame though I really thought Olson would be good after he got drafted..

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I thought Peppers wanted to play OLB in a 3/4 defense. Oh well, $20M in 1 year speaks louder, I guess.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
If these two can coexist, then why not?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Equals...

Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Screaming in Pep's face won't motivate him. Peppers is a player you're going to love 75% of the time, curse out 15% of the time and be astounded by 10% of the time.

He's a great addition to any defense and the whole "oh he takes plays off bbbbb-but" is a load of crap, sometimes he's less effective and tires, but if the team gives him rest now and then and allows him to be unleashed on defenses and not confined with assignments he'll do a lot of damage.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not happy he went to the Bears because he makes their defense better. But their defense wont win them games like it did a few years ago. They wont be a threat until Cutler gets some help at WR and OL (I'm hoping Martz doesn't work magic - I don't think he can with the tools he has).

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a sad panda. I will miss Chester Taylor :(

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is Peterson's backup now? The Vikes would be stupid to run him into the ground. The way he plays he'll have a short career unless they cap him around 20 carries a game.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Who is Peterson's backup now? The Vikes would be stupid to run him into the ground. The way he plays he'll have a short career unless they cap him around 20 carries a game.
Shhhhhhh!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I'm not happy he went to the Bears because he makes their defense better. But their defense wont win them games like it did a few years ago. They wont be a threat until Cutler gets some help at WR and OL (I'm hoping Martz doesn't work magic - I don't think he can with the tools he has).
Maybe not, but if you're going into the fourth qtr and you need a turn over or a sack to end a drive, Peppers is the guy you want leading the charge.

Old 03-06-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

also, our WRs dont look as bad as people make it out to be. The OL on the other hand is just bad

Old 03-06-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
also, our WRs dont look as bad as people make it out to be. The OL on the other hand is just bad
This is the kool-aid talking.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

no but seriously, what would happen if we draft another WR? add one of those rather average WRs in the FA?

unless we give up some First rounder next year, we cant get anything that is better than what we have right nwo

Old 03-06-2010, 07:31 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antonio Bryant I would say is above average, seeing Derrick Mason play last year had me thinking he has another solid year in him and is a great team guy. Not sure if the Ravens are going to resign him yet.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewfeature06 View Post
Antonio Bryant I would say is above average, seeing Derrick Mason play last year had me thinking he has another solid year in him and is a great team guy. Not sure if the Ravens are going to resign him yet.
the thing is: do you rather give it to someone above average that is a hundred years old or let your young talented WRs start get experience and a bond with the QB?

Right now we have Hester, Aro, Bennett, Knox and Iglesias.

Aro should get to start next season, Bennett and Knox played quite nicely, and i doubt they just want to give up on iglesias

Old 03-06-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did watch a game or 2 of Aro and I like his game. Can he be a #1 if so you guys should be fine because all the other recievers are solid but you just NEED a go to guy. Bring in Mason have him be an influence on the younger guys and him and Cutler would be on the same page from day 1 IMO.
Go Amare.
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Mason could still be a good player, if he wants to play, if he's not hungry, he'll blow.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The idea of Derrick Mason being a "go to guy" at this stage in his career is comical. The whole concept of a #1 receiver is overrated anyway.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote