Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears will be just fine with reciever by committee. They've said time and time again they want to develop their own guys, Bennett, Aromashadu, Knox, Hester and Iglesias are all young and have potential. They'll probably add another receiver in the draft.

As for the offensive line, they played alot better once Chris Williams slid over to the left side. If we move Frank Omiyale over to RT, with the signing of Manumaluena he'll be protected most of the time anyway. Add a guy in the draft to compete at Left guard and there play will be much improved.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As bad as the Bears played last year they did end up 7-9. The offense was dreadful, if it just improves some making the playoffs isn't out of the question.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
As bad as the Bears played last year they did end up 7-9. The offense was dreadful, if it just improves some making the playoffs isn't out of the question.
The only thing standing in the way of the Bears winning the NFC North and locking up a #1 or #2 seed is how well Mike Martz and Jay Cutler and the WR corps gel together.

If Cutler thrives in Martz' system, Bears are a favorite, in my mind, to win the NFC.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate when my fellow Bears fans start talking about how the offense will be fine with our collection of mid round suspect-handed dudes, converted DBs, and undersized slot receivers working outside against corners. We just watched a year full of these scrubs tripping over their own feet and giving up on routes resulting in a boatload of INTs. Right now, the only receiver on the Bears roster I really want to see more of is Aromashodu

Why is it that fans of other teams can look at the Bears and immediately say "wow, poor Jay Cutler really needs someone to throw to" and Bears fans can't?

But yeah...if we don't get Cutler a decent-sized target with jump ball skillz to stunt their growth, in one more year they'll all be Torry ******* Holt circa 2003!!!

Last year I said we needed to get Cutler someone to throw to or there'd be some problems. That was pretty much poo-pooed. Same for when I said Orton would look decent throwing to Marshall.

I'm calling it here. No changes at WR = the Bears suck again. The Bears need to snag Eric Decker or Demaryius Thomas with their first pick and trade Devin Hester before his roster bonus is due.. Now it's bolded so I can point back to it in a year and show how I'm a genius.

Last edited by Monomach : 03-06-2010 at 11:01 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I hate when my fellow Bears fans start talking about how the offense will be fine with our collection of mid round suspect-handed dudes, converted DBs, and undersized slot receivers working outside against corners.
I used to hate that you spend 99% of your posts bitching about the team, now I just block you.

You act like you have this great insight all the time, but your **** is unoriginal and very tiresome.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
As of now, Greg is an above average TE with potential, but not as great as some make it out to be.
Maybe he's not as good as some Bears fans were ready to annoint him prematurely. I remember BeerBaron saying before last year that he could be on the same path as Jason Witten or could be just as good. So there were alot of fans putting him on that pedastal, I still think it's silly to hire a coach who doesn't want to utilize the best offensive weapon at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:01 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Maybe he's not as good as some Bears fans were ready to annoint him prematurely. I remember BeerBaron saying before last year that he could be on the same path as Jason Witten or could be just as good. So there were alot of fans putting him on that pedastal, I still think it's silly to hire a coach who doesn't want to utilize the best offensive weapon at this point.
the thing is: Lovie Smith only has that many friends

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:09 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The only thing standing in the way of the Bears winning the NFC North and locking up a #1 or #2 seed is how well Mike Martz and Jay Cutler and the WR corps gel together.

If Cutler thrives in Martz' system, Bears are a favorite, in my mind, to win the NFC.
did I miss something? Did the Bears magically come across an offensive line while I wasn't looking?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
The idea of Derrick Mason being a "go to guy" at this stage in his career is comical. The whole concept of a #1 receiver is overrated anyway.
Randy Moss and the 2008 patriots disagree. A true #1 is not ust a go-to guy but also a guy who shifts coverage and opens things up for the others, another example would be the gmen when we lost plax, now we've managed to re-stock at WR quickly but when we lost plax Hixon and Toomer became no where near as useful because plax wasn't opening things up for them. You don't need a #1 to win btu if you have a #1 the rest of your guys will look that much better and be that much more efficient.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Armoshadu is a baller. I know he's going to be solid next year.

All Bears need is a solid LT, and one more solid WR.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Armoshadu is a baller. I know he's going to be solid next year.

All Bears need is a solid LT, and one more solid WR.
We need a lot more than that. Chris Williams played well the 2nd half.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Randy Moss and the 2008 patriots disagree.
And as we all know, the Patriots were terrible before they got Randy Moss, whereas the Oakland Raiders were excellent.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
did I miss something? Did the Bears magically come across an offensive line while I wasn't looking?
They cut 90 year old Orlando Pace, so I just assume that they now have a great offensive line. Well, at least until Cutler gets sacked 14 times in the Bears first game.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They cut 90 year old Orlando Pace, so I just assume that they now have a great offensive line. Well, at least until Cutler gets sacked 14 times in the Bears first game.
ah the old don't ask don't tell trick. Those tricky bears!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote