Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Adam Schefter's twitter

He also goes on to say that makes him the highest payed safety in NFL history.
It worked out well for the Redskins and Adam Archuleta.

Last edited by Whistler6 : 03-05-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Steelers may get their hands on Earl Thomas.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lovelovelove this. Rolle in centerfield in Fewell's system? money. Phillps in the box? my god I love it. Now DT is the main big need for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I already read a report saying Jerry was a big 'Earl guy', still though it involves a move up just depends on how much were willing to spend to do it. I'm still glad you guys aren't in contention for him anymore, he's exactly what I want in our safety.

Also semi off-topic but maybe a Canes fan can help me out. Who was the better player at the U, Phillips or Rolle? I'm guessing Rolle, but I didn't and still don't follow Miami all that closely to know who lived up to the hype and had a better career.
Rolle was a cornerback at the U. He couldn't make it as a CB in the NFL. He was considered a bust for as high as he was drafted. The move to S turned out to be a career saver. Overpaid. No doubt in my mind.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
lovelovelove this. Rolle in centerfield in Fewell's system? money. Phillps in the box? my god I love it. Now DT is the main big need for us.
You got it backwards. I would keep Rolle in the box and Phillips in centerfield.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You got it backwards. I would keep Rolle in the box and Phillips in centerfield.
of course you would, you're a cowboys fan.
A CB turned safety in the box? Yea, I'm gonna pass
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Idk this really screams McClain or Weatherspoon for me, why else would we pursue Dansby? We clearly want McClain or Weatherspoon because they have the ability to cover well yet stuff the run.

But i do agree Rolle fits Fewell's previous coordinating scheme in Buffalo like a glove

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice even though we overpaid, now all we need is dan Williams, Daryl Washington, matt Tennant, Vince Oghobaase and James starks from the draft and we'll be re-loaded ready to compete for the Major hardware.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really surprised with how much money Rolle was able to coax out of a team, although it certainly makes sense for the Giants (albeit not financially.) He'll give them a solid starter there though, and they can focus elsewhere in the draft.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any safety is worth 7 mil a year, but he does make them better. Good for them.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:44 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He would know better than most the folly of trying to sign your way into contention.
Its really true, that why all i can do is shake my head at the bears, that is not the way to win a championship
Old 03-06-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
ex cards getting way overpaid today

he is a playmaker but not worth that kind of money
Yeah but that's what the market dictates. Same situation with QBs.. Next franchise QB will probably be the highest paid QB in the NFL. Will he be overpaid? Probably, but that's what the market dictates. Plus we have basically no safeties as of now. So getting Rolle, and getting KP back would be a good duo, and if need be we can always draft one. But now with the 15th pick we can focus on DT or LB.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Yeah but that's what the market dictates. Same situation with QBs.. Next franchise QB will probably be the highest paid QB in the NFL. Will he be overpaid? Probably, but that's what the market dictates. Plus we have basically no safeties as of now. So getting Rolle, and getting KP back would be a good duo, and if need be we can always draft one. But now with the 15th pick we can focus on DT or LB.
Agreed. KP+Antrel should be good for us and gives us safeties with range and athletiscism. Should take away some of the nightmares of Desean Jackson streaking down field with nobody within 20 yards of him.

But with the bolded: It also frees us up to even look if an OT we like falls to us. I believe LB isn't even THAT huge a need for us right now.(depending on what we do with sintim)
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. KP+Antrel should be good for us and gives us safeties with range and athletiscism. Should take away some of the nightmares of Desean Jackson streaking down field with nobody within 20 yards of him.

But with the bolded: It also frees us up to even look if an OT we like falls to us. I believe LB isn't even THAT huge a need for us right now.(depending on what we do with sintim)

I think it is. We have had junk at LB for a while now starting from the Emmons and Barrett Green. AP and Mitchell were good but now are gone. So we need to get a good stud of a LB.

But AR, according to the beat writer, that the Cards were willing to match our contract but he chose our franchise over them.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't know why the Giants drafted Sintim. I thought he would be a much better fit for a 3-4. He wasn't athletic enough to play SLB in the 4-3.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I still don't know why the Giants drafted Sintim. I thought he would be a much better fit for a 3-4. He wasn't athletic enough to play SLB in the 4-3.
Watch some of the plays he made when he did get playing time. He played very well. Now we have a new system so let's first see how he is used now before we form opinions. Personally i thought he played well in whatever time he got pre season and regular season.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I dont know why we put him at OLB, he honestly is worse at covering than Lamar Woodley showed in the Pro Bowl. His hips are extremely stiff as he showed at the combine last year, and he doesn't have the speed to make up for his lack of position on the player he's covering. Essentially if you put him in a 3-4 he still has problems because he cannot cover a RB coming out of the backfield at all, he probably can cover an average TE just barely. He understands zones though, which gives him the flexibility at DE to drop back which we have done in the past.

His best skill is rushing the passer, he has the strength and agility, he has instinctive technique, he essentially is a DE in a 4-3. We just were infatuated with finding the next Lawrence Taylor in a hybrid DE/OLB but the truth is there is very rarely anyone with his passrushing skill, athleticism, and coverage ability although he wasnt amazing at it he was serviceable.

Sintim is a DE

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

I'm with Boss on this one, I loved what Sintim did in his little time at OLB. Him and Boley add speed and some playmaking ability to our D. Goff could be fine in the middle IMHO. Even though I wouldn't mind Weatherspoon in the middle for us. We can focus on just really BPA in the middle(DT, LB) and get some OL youth.
Hell, I wouldn't mind giving a 3rd for Kirk Morrison...
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
I was really surprised with how much money Rolle was able to coax out of a team, although it certainly makes sense for the Giants (albeit not financially.) He'll give them a solid starter there though, and they can focus elsewhere in the draft.
I would like to say I was surprised but in truth I'm really not, I'm not saying he is worth but it is what it is B players are making A money.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't trust Rolle roaming the feild and making decisions; he will mess up coverages and isn't the guy i would rely on.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
I wouldn't trust Rolle roaming the feild and making decisions; he will mess up coverages and isn't the guy i would rely on.
Good thing we have KP then who can do that. All we need is KP to run the show and be the leader of the secondary like Butler was for us during our superbowl season.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good thing we have KP then who can do that. All we need is KP to run the show and be the leader of the secondary like Butler was for us during our superbowl season.
then what was the point of signing Rolle to such a large contract?
Old 03-06-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
then what was the point of signing Rolle to such a large contract?
Because Johnson, Rouse, and CC Brown stink... That's what the market dictates as well, which is why the Cards matched.

Also, the theory is that Tuck, Osi, and Canty will be healthy and 100% ready to go. If our pass rush comes back to what it is, then Webster, Ross, and T. Thomas can certainly do a good job for us while the 2 safties can make plays.

Now that allows us to draft other positions and not worry about Thomas, Mays or who ever else.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

Quote:
Because Johnson, Rouse, and CC Brown stink... That's what the market dictates as well, which is why the Cards matched.

Also, the theory is that Tuck, Osi, and Canty will be healthy and 100% ready to go. If our pass rush comes back to what it is, then Webster, Ross, and T. Thomas can certainly do a good job for us while the 2 safties can make plays.

Now that allows us to draft other positions and not worry about Thomas, Mays or who ever else.
The market may be what it is, but it doesn't mean the team has to follow it. There are cheaper guys who can come in the play the same role Rolle is playing, but cheaper.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
The market may be what it is, but it doesn't mean the team has to follow it. There are cheaper guys who can come in the play the same role Rolle is playing, but cheaper.
I am sure our scouting department and GM have looked at those options. Wouldn't you assume a good staff such as ours would investigate all options. We had Sharper and the Rams safety as plan B and C if this thing were to fall through.

And yes the market pretty much sets things up. Watch when Flacco, Ryan and others get their new contracts. It will be insane! People will once again say that the team over paid for them. That's the way it is. Tier 1 players always get more than their worth especially if the supply is low and demand is high.