Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Rolle was a cornerback at the U. He couldn't make it as a CB in the NFL. He was considered a bust for as high as he was drafted. The move to S turned out to be a career saver. Overpaid. No doubt in my mind.
Nobody is overpaid.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
then what was the point of signing Rolle to such a large contract?
Because we most likely wont get what he brings to the table in a rookie, and he fits what Fewell wants to do on defense. This allows us to focus on other needs and not come out of draft day without a crucial piece missing.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really? what's the point of giving him that contract?
First off, his talent.
secondly, his youth compared to the rest of the market.
What else was it? Go after the aging Sharper who'd give us 2 years max (if he'd even sign here) Give up picks AND a large contract for Otogwe? It makes sense all around. He fits our new scheme with Fewell and it's (assuming, havne't checked the numbers) a front loaded deal. It's a great signing all around for us. It also lets us address our other needs of DT, LB and OL in the draft instead of worrying about a safety early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its the same as Duante Robinson getting a large contract. There isn't anyone really out there, and its uncapped and then lockout so F it.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The contract is not as bad as it looks. He only got $15 million guaranteed. He'll never see those final two years.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrel Rolle on Kenny Phillips
"We're going to have a brotherhood relationship," Rolle said. "He's never going to leave my side now because I'm desperately going to need him. And we're going to need each other. I'm going to make sure he's doing whatever it takes to get back on the field, be my partner, side by side."
Awwwwwwwwwww

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strong h0mo.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Awwwwwwwwwww
that's awesome. God I just want KP healthy and to have the 2 of them at safety. Throw in Webster-Thomas-Ross at CB and we've got a nice young, talented secondary. WOO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that's awesome. God I just want KP healthy and to have the 2 of them at safety. Throw in Webster-Thomas-Ross at CB and we've got a nice young, talented secondary. WOO!
I think Ross is going to rebound this year, he was hampered by hamstrings two years in a row now. Him and Rolle really compare similarly coming out of college, the only difference is Ross has more speed and Rolle is more physical.

If kenny comes back, i dont think there's any question that we have the best secondary in the NFC East.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guys, it doesn't matter. We're gonna run Cover 2.

Cover 2 sucks.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in regards to the signing, I like the player, and at first i was worried bc it would be overpaying for a solid but not spectacular player, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it was only 15 million guaranteed.

He'll never see those last 2 years of that contract. This was actually a pretty decent deal, and allows us to go after DTs and LBs in the draft in the first 2 rounds.

If we didn't run that Tampa 2 crap, and if (big if) KP's career isn't over, we'd have 1 of the best secondaries in the league next year.

But we probably won't. Our defense is built to be a pressure based man coverage D, but we'll just rush 4 and drop everyone in a tampa 2 shell.

Awesome, I can't wait.

I love that bend but don't break crap. My balls are full of semen for that ****.

fml.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
in regards to the signing, I like the player, and at first i was worried bc it would be overpaying for a solid but not spectacular player, but I'm pleasantly surprised that it was only 15 million guaranteed.

He'll never see those last 2 years of that contract. This was actually a pretty decent deal, and allows us to go after DTs and LBs in the draft in the first 2 rounds.

If we didn't run that Tampa 2 crap, and if (big if) KP's career isn't over, we'd have 1 of the best secondaries in the league next year.

But we probably won't. Our defense is built to be a pressure based man coverage D, but we'll just rush 4 and drop everyone in a tampa 2 shell.

Awesome, I can't wait.

I love that bend but don't break crap. My balls are full of semen for that ****.

fml.

Come on BBD have hope. The players Fewell was given in both Buffalo and Chicago were Cov 2 guys, he had a few guys that were scheme flexible but that was it. With us, its a completely different set of personel.

Breaking it down, Signing Antrel does point to his defense at Buffalo being established here, but Rolle is alot more versatile than Jarius Byrd, he can cover the slot yet run in single high. There's no reason why we cant run an adjusted version of Spag's defense.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

We won't. You know that deep down. Guys don't come in to run other guy's schemes. It doesn't work that way. You run what you know.

Fewell knows Tampa 2. Thats what he's running.

You don't put a Vegan in charge of a barbeque. You don't hire a Tampa 2 guy to run a pressure defense.

He was hired to run what he knows. He's running Tampa 2.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We won't. You know that deep down. Guys don't come in to run other guy's schemes. It doesn't work that way. You run what you know.

You don't put a Vegan in charge of a barbeque. You don't hire a Tampa 2 guy to run a pressure defense.

No, but good defensive coordinators adjust to the talent they have, regardless of the scheme.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Correct me if I'm wrong but: Antrell Rolle is not even close to being as good as Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, right? And yet here he is, getting a contract in that same league?
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:

You're right, but he did not run a traditional Tampa 2 system whatsoever. I hope to god that he doesn't force zone on Corey Webster, he is strictly a press corner. Thomas and Ross however would probably be better in Zone seeing how they are both quicker than fast and have much more fluid hips.

Fewell isnt the same guy as Sheridan. He's alot more risk/reward oriented from what ive read. He has ran zone blitzes on occasion. And although he has vowed to adjust his scheme to his players, its tough to believe that, i know. He does however seem to get the best out of his players, and if he wants to be the best he can be and have his players be the best they can be, he'll adjust to their talents.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by BaLLiN : 03-06-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

It won't be a true Tampa 2. I just don't see it, unless we revamp both our MIKE and SAM positions.

But the basic coverage shells will be Tampa 2. Just like Sheridan.

He'll blitz. Every team blitzes. It just won't be his MO, like it was for Spags. He won't use the same fronts Spags did. He won't use the same ZB techniques Spags did, and if he does, he won't use it as often as Spags did.

He'll run today's version of the Tampa 2. You'll see some man, you'll see some zone, but the coverage shells will still have that basic 2/3 deep principle.

And whats with this notion that Fewell was a great DC? How? His defenses were mediocre his entire tenior at Buffalo. Why? Bc his players said he's a good guy? Who cares what they say. Players also like Raheem Morris. Newsflash, Morris sucks.

I won't buy into the Fewell hype until i see it. I'm not expecting much.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but: Antrell Rolle is not even close to being as good as Ed Reed or Troy Polamalu, right? And yet here he is, getting a contract in that same league?
The perks of hitting FA when no one else at your position does.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Guys, it doesn't matter. We're gonna run Cover 2.

Cover 2 sucks.
Preach on, brotha man. Cover 2 is for pussies. Hey, I'm fine with it, since it'll mean that the Giants aren't using their secondary right. Have at it, DeSean.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey BBD, when was the last time Fewell ran a true blue cover-2? I've only seen his work in buffalo and sure as hell wasn't there. Plus the man changed what he was doing based on who he had healthy a lot so he's used to adjusting to different personnel. Why not chillax until he actually gives us some proof that he's incompetent?

Quote:
Agreed. KP+Antrel should be good for us and gives us safeties with range and athletiscism. Should take away some of the nightmares of Desean Jackson streaking down field with nobody within 20 yards of him.

But with the bolded: It also frees us up to even look if an OT we like falls to us. I believe LB isn't even THAT huge a need for us right now.(depending on what we do with sintim)
We desperately need help at DT, we've got Canty and Alford coming of a season ending knee surgery. That won't get us anywhere, we need a starting caliber tackle and another good rotational guy, so while getting bookends would be sweet we need to go DT in round one and then again later.

What I do hope we do to address the OL is grab Matt Tennant, kid's a gamer and Coughlin's going to be able to put away the vigra for good with the boner he's going to give him. If we nab him in round 3 I think our Offense will be set and ready to beast, Beatty - Diehl - Tennant - Snee - McKenzie/Whimper, yeah I'd be really happy with that.

Quote:
I'm with Boss on this one, I loved what Sintim did in his little time at OLB. Him and Boley add speed and some playmaking ability to our D. Goff could be fine in the middle IMHO. Even though I wouldn't mind Weatherspoon in the middle for us. We can focus on just really BPA in the middle(DT, LB) and get some OL youth.
Hell, I wouldn't mind giving a 3rd for Kirk Morrison...
Agreed on Sintim, kid looked plenty athletic enough at virginia and during the little time we got to see him. I say we give him a chance before we right him off because he does have a lot of potential. If we end up grabbing Daryl Washington to be our Mike in round two we'd have Boley and him who can cover huge amounts of ground so we could protect sintim and let him focus on using his pass rushing, strength against the run and good zone instincts.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Theres a reason the cover 2 got so popular though. If you have a good front four you'll notice how well it works. If the Giants get a bounce back year from their Dline it could work out.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Theres a reason the cover 2 got so popular though. If you have a good front four you'll notice how well it works. If the Giants get a bounce back year from their Dline it could work out.
It's still a defense for vaginas. How many true Cover-2 teams have won a Super Bowl? One?
Old 03-06-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
It's still a defense for vaginas. How many true Cover-2 teams have won a Super Bowl? One?
One...one with a manning at the helm.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post

What I do hope we do to address the OL is grab Matt Tennant, kid's a gamer and Coughlin's going to be able to put away the vigra for good with the boner he's going to give him. If we nab him in round 3 I think our Offense will be set and ready to beast, Beatty - Diehl - Tennant - Snee - McKenzie/Whimper, yeah I'd be really happy with that.

Whimper hasnt proved himself as a run blocker, putting him at RT would futher cripple our run offense, we need to either draft a guy or put Diehl there instead of guard.

Agreed on Sintim, kid looked plenty athletic enough at virginia and during the little time we got to see him. I say we give him a chance before we right him off because he does have a lot of potential. If we end up grabbing Daryl Washington to be our Mike in round two we'd have Boley and him who can cover huge amounts of ground so we could protect sintim and let him focus on using his pass rushing, strength against the run and good zone instincts.

Sintim has no potential in a Tampa 2 like system, he just MAY have passed for something in a Spags system, but in a Tampa 2 he is almost ideal at DE
(10 characters)

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-06-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I mostly agree with you (**** you Rod Marinelli). Has anybody mocked Weatherspoon to the Giants yet? He seems like he could be a good cover 2 MLB.