Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-14-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Question from a Jets fan...

I'm sure yall have had plenty of conversations about it... but I was wondering...

What will the Packers do if both Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson are off the board when the Packers are on the clock?
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
I'm sure yall have had plenty of conversations about it... but I was wondering...

What will the Packers do if both Marshawn Lynch and Adrian Peterson are off the board when the Packers are on the clock?
trade down and take Olsen
Draft Landry

one of thoses two.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
trade down and take Olsen
Draft Landry

one of thoses two.
Landry i lost hope on Landry awhile ago he wont make it to us

i say Chris Houston or Michael Griffin (i got him over Reggie) we need future d-back
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post

i say Chris Houston or Michael Griffin (i got him over Reggie) we need future d-back
Houston and Griifin would both be terrible picks at 16; our best option would be to trade down

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Houston reminds me ALOT like Carroll no thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Houston reminds me ALOT like Carroll no thanks.
they play way diffrent and hes a beast

well if you look at our main need its strong safety and a harris and woodson are not getting any younger

this is if we get moss and lynch is off the table

also Pack why does he remind you of him

cause hes stronger then Carroll
cause he jumps better then Carroll

thou they may have the same height
cause hes fast as Carroll
they play way way way diffrent

im not sure if you have watch feel on this kid
if not then i guess your just look at is height

Last edited by The Legend : 03-14-2007 at 03:49 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade down and nab Olsen, unless we get TE in FA. But getting that extra pick should help alot

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that's a very likely possibility. I'd like to get Landry if he's still there. if not i think Olsen could be a good option but he wouldn't be the best value.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:00 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

I don't think that will be the case with Peterson and Lynch gone but if it happens then I think Green Bay will select Olsen or Nelson or even Jarvis Moss if available. I wouldnt go with Houston he seems to lack the height to be the #1 shut down corner. He could defintely be a 2nd behind Charles Woodson but Woodson will probably move to FS eventually to prolong his career much the same Rob Woodson did.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

A first round pick should never be used on a nickel corner at best. We need playmakers at a number of positions, TE, RB, and S.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
they play way diffrent and hes a beast

well if you look at our main need its strong safety and a harris and woodson are not getting any younger

this is if we get moss and lynch is off the table

also Pack why does he remind you of him

cause hes stronger then Carroll
cause he jumps better then Carroll

thou they may have the same height
cause hes fast as Carroll
they play way way way diffrent

im not sure if you have watch feel on this kid
if not then i guess your just look at is height

Neither seem to like to hit anyone....
Old 03-14-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Neither seem to like to hit anyone....
as much as I hated carrol, he did like to hit, didn't do it all that offen but when he got the chance he really layed the wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
cheesehead10790
Veteran

cheesehead10790 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1Koter View Post
as much as I hated carrol, he did like to hit, didn't do it all that offen but when he got the chance he really layed the wood
Ya he especially liked to hit the receiver before the ball got there. He was a waste. BTW I dont think we need to draft another CB.
cheesehead10790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:58 PM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead10790 View Post
Ya he especially liked to hit the receiver before the ball got there. He was a waste. BTW I dont think we need to draft another CB.
neither do I

Quote:
Old 03-15-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There have been rumors that if one of the Packers targets isn't there at 16 they have a trade worked out with NE to trade #16 for #24 & 28 (with probably a few more picks being exchanged between the two teams to even things out). Of course, this is also contingent on one of NE's targets still being on the board at 16. IDK though, it's pretty much just speculation at this point. GB has also been rumored to be in trade talks with Washington about their #1 pick, but it's not TT's style to trade up.

Personally, if Lynch and Landry are both off the board I'd be all for trading back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
There have been rumors that if one of the Packers targets isn't there at 16 they have a trade worked out with NE to trade #16 for #24 & 28 (with probably a few more picks being exchanged between the two teams to even things out). Of course, this is also contingent on one of NE's targets still being on the board at 16. IDK though, it's pretty much just speculation at this point. GB has also been rumored to be in trade talks with Washington about their #1 pick, but it's not TT's style to trade up.

Personally, if Lynch and Landry are both off the board I'd be all for trading back.
I'd be all for trading down, or up if and only if peterson is there

Quote:
Old 03-16-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
JK17
Pro Bowler

JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.JK17 could make a wolverine purr.

If they are off the board though, what do the Packers plan to do with their RB situation? stick with what they got, trade, 2nd round RB perhaps?
JK17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK17 View Post
If they are off the board though, what do the Packers plan to do with their RB situation? stick with what they got, trade, 2nd round RB perhaps?
^
^^
^^^
^^^^
^^^^^
Old 03-16-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Broncos ave proved over the years you don't need a superstar in the ZBS. Any running back who can make one cut and run down hill well can have a good season. There's no reason to think a second, third, or even a late round running back can't have success.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
The Broncos ave proved over the years you don't need a superstar in the ZBS. Any running back who can make one cut and run down hill well can have a good season. There's no reason to think a second, third, or even a late round running back can't have success.
That's definitely true!

Old 03-18-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

why not just grab Chris Henry in the 4th then?
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
I would prefer Henry, but the only thing I question with him is his running vision becuase all the other physical skills are there.

Old 03-18-2007, 10:22 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Henry's numbers aren't all that great. His 10 and short shuttle were mediocre. Aka big play threat who will get stopped behind the line often.

If you are going to draft a guy in the mid rounds based on numbers, Antonio Pittman should be your choice for overall numbers.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:45 AM    (permalink
NAVY
Veteran

NAVY hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At #16 their are plenty of good players available that would fill needs for the packers. S is an option depending on how the draft goes. Look what buffalo did last year though, who knew? So inevitably there will be some players falling out of the top ten and some rated in the #20-#30 going way up the board. I think there is a very good chance that Lynch is gone by #16.

With that in mind, I see WR as a really good option (w/o moss trade); S could be probable if nelson is available; I don't think the Pack will draft another TE in the first round with Bubba still on the books...that would mean 6-8million cap space for TE's; One of the DT's could fall a couple of spots and really solidify our front four.

Of course this all depends on how the GB scouting team assesses the players. We just assume they grade them the same as the media draft boards have them.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAVY View Post
At #16 their are plenty of good players available that would fill needs for the packers. S is an option depending on how the draft goes. Look what buffalo did last year though, who knew? So inevitably there will be some players falling out of the top ten and some rated in the #20-#30 going way up the board. I think there is a very good chance that Lynch is gone by #16.

With that in mind, I see WR as a really good option (w/o moss trade); S could be probable if nelson is available; I don't think the Pack will draft another TE in the first round with Bubba still on the books...that would mean 6-8million cap space for TE's; One of the DT's could fall a couple of spots and really solidify our front four.

Of course this all depends on how the GB scouting team assesses the players. We just assume they grade them the same as the media draft boards have them.

If Olsen and Lynch are gone the Packers should trade down; easy as that