Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-07-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
people seem to forget that he regained his started spot and ended the season with 3 picks and 16 pass def. which was 2 less than ed reed, all we need is a cover safety and thats what he is
Anybody could have made those picks. Jake Delhomme threw 2 of them and Josh Freeman threw the other one, none of them were a result of a good play Rhodes made, he just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

At his best last season he was an average starter, which is fine for a 4th and a 7th, but I wouldn't expect him to be anything more.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really, you could say that about how a lot of people get interceptions. Sometimes it's just about being in the right place at the right time. It's a good move for the Cards as it's a low risk/high reward scenario, but it's only a steal if he manages to play up to something near his capabilities. For the Jets, it's not ideal, but they're better off cutting ties with him and considering the bind they were in with owing him money in a couple of days, this was about the best they were going to get. Really, at this point you can't say much either way though. If the Jets get a starter out of that 4th rounder, then it's a great deal for them. If the Cards don't get their second Hollywood act, it's great for them.
Old 03-07-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
okay123
Rookie

okay123 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

this is rhodes' 1st INT in the panther game: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200911...ers@jets/watch

this is his 2nd: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/200911...ers@jets/watch

not very spectacular... rhodes' best trait is probably guarding TEs, as he shut down gates and winslow during the season. he's also a pretty good blitzer, but he cannot tackle to save his life. he's just a soft player in general. he used to be one of my favorite players, but the past two years, he's been a major disappointment. i have a feeling he'll play well for you guys though, i think he just needs a change of scenery. he won't be great, but he'll be a good starter.
okay123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my past 2 jets jerseys:

jonathon vilma & kerry rhodes

lol
Old 03-07-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
my past 2 jets jerseys:

jonathon vilma & kerry rhodes

lol
That's not even half the fail of my jersey buying.
My only two Titans jerseys I've ever had were Al Del Greco and Drew Bennett.

One of the main reasons I stay away from jersey buying.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A drew bennett jersey voodoo...really ?

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byron Leftwich Jaguars jersey when I'm not a Jaguars fan? Being an NFL draft fad is a bad omen.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad bought both of them for me. :(

I had much better luck with my Cowboys jerseys back in the day when I was a fan.
Old 03-07-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ive been sticking with the vintage jerseys recently. mats sundin nordiques jersey ftw!

idk what jets jersey to get now tho. mangold would be pretty cool.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ive been sticking with the vintage jerseys recently. mats sundin nordiques jersey ftw!

Cant go wrong with a big man.

I usually go Throwback.
Staubach Navy, Namath Alabama, Montana Irish.
I did recently branch out for a Maualuga jersey to go with my Ware jersey.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

idk what jets jersey to get now tho.
Teemu Selanne.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only acceptable jersey for jets fans is Emerson Boozer

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
wtf are the jets doing, if they let little Leon go, they're crazy.
I love leon as much as the next jets' fan, but it's hardly crazy. I would say that getting a 2nd rounder from a player who was originally a 4th rounder, coming off major leg surgery, who has yet to show on the field if he has any physical or psychological ramifications and is going to be 28 is a pretty decent bargain. I do not want to lose leon, but it's hardly the end of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
actually he will be playing CF alot, Wilson covers TEs man to man
If playing CF is going to be his main job, he can be a solid contributor. I just personally don't feel you will see that pro-bowl level of play outside of this year. He's going to be pissed and want to stroke his ego, but I don't see that lasting too long.

Used to love the guy, but ever since the Jets' FO said that he needs to focus more on football and not as much on movies, modeling etc. and he responded with, well if they're gonna tell me not to do certain things than they can pay my bills, I lost all respect for him. The dude received $20+ million in guarantees, what the hell bills can't he pay??? It's that type of attitude that lost his respect in the lockerroom and with the fans. I hope he plays well for ya, I'm just glad he's off our team.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

George Steinbrenner must be Tanny's favorite idol.

Rhodes had played well under Edwards and Mangini but not under Ryan. What difference? Both Edwards and Mangini relied on pass rushing only. Ryan brought in blitz and stunts. Cardinals have strong pass rushing to work with zone defense so Rhodes should rebound back nicely over there in Arizona. And that is for just 4th round and 7th round picks?

Broncos and Chiefs could be in the Rhodes sweepstakes easily. Driven up the price.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Please don't.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YES!!!! The Cardinals will NOT be swiping a Safety off the board one pick ahead of the Cowboys!!! Jets pick after us too, so Woooo hooo!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
YES!!!! The Cardinals will NOT be swiping a Safety off the board one pick ahead of the Cowboys!!! Jets pick after us too, so Woooo hooo!!
If I were the Cowboys, I'd grab Jared Gaither with that 1st round tender.

23 year old franchise LT who is only worth a 1st rounder, who is a monster in size and ability?

Its a no brainer to me. He's better than all the LTs in this draft outside of Anthony Davis and perhaps Bulaga.

You'd get your Flozell replacement and not break a sweat.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

23 year old franchise LT who is only worth a 1st rounder, who is a monster in size and ability?

Its a no brainer to me. He's better than all the LTs in this draft outside of Anthony Davis and perhaps Bulaga.

Cowboys should do that, indeed.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

You must not have been visiting the Cowboys discussion lately. I'm all for that. But what's got my attention is that, the rumors say it might not even cost a 1st rounder. Imagine that!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote